Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:49 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,806,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I really want to get a perspective from the male side, since let's face it we are just wired differently from women. We are a lot more physical, and lustful. For us dealing with this kind of temptation is a lot harder. I'm in a situation right now where I really don't want to cheat on my girlfriend. She's been away at the moment due to family obligations (she's in another country), and it's been really hard to not have the sex. It's complicated and I'd rather not get into it but I won't be able to see her for at least another month.

I almost gave in yesterday. I went out over the weekend with a friend and I met this girl and we had a long conversation. She also happens to be in a relationship but admitted that she's bored and wants to have sex with other guys. We admitted we were attracted to each other and she wants to see me again. She pretty much laid the cards on the table. It's there for the taking.

I couldn't sleep all night thinking about it. I really don't want to cheat on my girlfriend but physically it is really hard to resist the temptation. I want to marry her. Please help.

P.S. Female posters can post too. But I would really appreciate some advice from men who have successfully dealt with this. My stomach is in knots.
Well, I have to say kudos to you for not acting on your impulses, and having the conscience to realize what you were doing is wrong.
I do have to say though that the part about men being wired differently is a bunch of ****. Women think about it too, it's not just a man thing. It seems many like to use that as an excuse as to why they couldn't control themselves. I hear that "poor me, I'm a victim of my hormones, you know I couldn't control myself" way too much. It's just been social conditioning that women don't have the same urges, when in fact that is wrong. Anyway, sorry about the rant, but that always irritates me. Ok, I'm done now.
You are wise to be wary of karma. It usually does come back to bit you in the ***. If I was you, and you want to continue your relationship with your GF, I'd stay out of bars and clubs, and away from that atmosphere. Go fishing, ride a bike, play ball, whatever, and keep yourself entertained until she gets home. Or try phone sex with her. That's always fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 10:54 AM

838 posts, read 1,875,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its easy positive affirmations.
i am glad i married a rosie o'donnell lookalike, tis my duty to love her.
i am grateful she uses the credit card so much, its helping the economy
im delighted we dont have sex this is elevating my spiritual sense.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:36 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
I really want to get a perspective from the male side, since let's face it we are just wired differently from women. We are a lot more physical, and lustful. For us dealing with this kind of temptation is a lot harder. I'm in a situation right now where I really don't want to cheat on my girlfriend. She's been away at the moment due to family obligations (she's in another country), and it's been really hard to not have the sex. It's complicated and I'd rather not get into it but I won't be able to see her for at least another month.

I almost gave in yesterday. I went out over the weekend with a friend and I met this girl and we had a long conversation. She also happens to be in a relationship but admitted that she's bored and wants to have sex with other guys. We admitted we were attracted to each other and she wants to see me again. She pretty much laid the cards on the table. It's there for the taking.

I couldn't sleep all night thinking about it. I really don't want to cheat on my girlfriend but physically it is really hard to resist the temptation. I want to marry her. Please help.

P.S. Female posters can post too. But I would really appreciate some advice from men who have successfully dealt with this. My stomach is in knots.
Dude. I will be blunt and will not sugar coat this o.k.

This is 2009!!!

Web cams, cell phones with video, pictures and such...

Dude? How bout some web cam sex?

Cell phone sex? Pictures?

Come on man. I think you don't truly love this girl. I think like Rance said that if you loved her you wouldn't care about the time. You would be faithful. It is best that you check yourself.

This is something that is probably good since you are NOT married to her. You would have to think about this long and hard. I mean, you are hanging out with someone you want to nail for the reason of a lack of sex. We all have that urge but you have to remember so does she. What is she doing? How is she holding up? Is she up for a little sex play on the phone?

She doesn't sound to me like your best friend. I could be wrong but you are already looking elsewhere for a solution to a problem and believe me it won't change after you say "I DO."

Cut her loose and let her find someone loyal and faithful to her no matter what. If she is in a coma for a couple months I can see...she isn't awake to know your needs but she is a phone call away. You should be able to tell her your body aches for her and that you need her so badly. She can make the noises and such to satisfy you if she is a real friend. This will be a good testimony to you both. If she gets upset at your lack of control than she wouldn't make a good wife anyways. We all have to take care of each other's needs.

I always said if I was in a hospital for any reason for a long period of time, I would pull that curtain shut and make sure my wife was taken care of in that department even if it mean't just my hands. I would hope she would do the same.

Hope this helps...Now give her a call!!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Well, I have to say kudos to you for not acting on your impulses, and having the conscience to realize what you were doing is wrong.
I do have to say though that the part about men being wired differently is a bunch of ****. Women think about it too, it's not just a man thing. It seems many like to use that as an excuse as to why they couldn't control themselves. I hear that "poor me, I'm a victim of my hormones, you know I couldn't control myself" way too much. It's just been social conditioning that women don't have the same urges, when in fact that is wrong. Anyway, sorry about the rant, but that always irritates me. Ok, I'm done now.
You are wise to be wary of karma. It usually does come back to bit you in the ***. If I was you, and you want to continue your relationship with your GF, I'd stay out of bars and clubs, and away from that atmosphere. Go fishing, ride a bike, play ball, whatever, and keep yourself entertained until she gets home. Or try phone sex with her. That's always fun.
Hey there...

Hold on a second...!

When was the last time you had a wet dream??

See us guys have a build up of love juices that are waiting to burst. Over time it continues to make more and more so we have signals sent to our brain that tells us it's time! It's time! IT'S TIME!!!! When you ignore it, well, you wake up like a glazed donut.

So...you tell me... what do you wake up like???

Don't get me wrong! I love knowing you have that "I just want to nail a guy" type of mentality instead of needing all the candles and crap. However! We are wired differently. Sorry...We are.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:12 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie_downs View Post
WHAT? soooo you don't think it's bad to think of another woman in a sexually desirable way?! you people dont understand that when you're doing that you're already cheating! you should at least TRY and keep those thoughts pure for your wife.

"But I say to you that anyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."
Now Leslie, women do the same thing. Brad Pit isn't the star that he's become because men love him, nor because only single women love him. I've heard my wife comment about a few movie idols, "Whoa, I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers!" I don't believe she would really go to bed with them, but I know she thinks they're hot. Same thing with any guy who speaks with an Australian accent. She has to fan herself. No, it doesn't bother me. At least not much.

I'll meet women now and then and just think, oofta! Hot! But I wouldn't seriously consider doing anything physical them. Remember Jimmy Carter's Playboy interview? "I've looked at a lot of women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times." What a joke.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:55 PM

102 posts, read 255,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerclassof72 View Post
See my previous post about thoughts.

Also, "Judge not lest ye be judged"
i was judging the behavior, not the person exhibiting it.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:00 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Hey there...

Hold on a second...!

When was the last time you had a wet dream??

See us guys have a build up of love juices that are waiting to burst. Over time it continues to make more and more so we have signals sent to our brain that tells us it's time! It's time! IT'S TIME!!!! When you ignore it, well, you wake up like a glazed donut.

So...you tell me... what do you wake up like??? .
Umm women can come in their sleep too you know. Do men really think they are the only ones this stuff happens to? Really?

Old 04-01-2009, 02:39 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
NooYowkur81, ask yourself this question - If your girlfriend cheated on you, how would you feel?

That's why I've never cheated on anybody before.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 PM

900 posts, read 1,701,674 times
take a cold shower!

Old 04-01-2009, 10:27 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
I really want to get a perspective from the male side, since let's face it we are just wired differently from women. We are a lot more physical, and lustful. For us dealing with this kind of temptation is a lot harder.
Unless I'm worse at math than I initially thought, there are equal amounts of women and men messing around, suggesting neither gender has the monopoly on sexuality. Don't buy into it.

How do you resist cheating? I dunno, how do you resist doing anything you don't want to do? Common sense and self control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships