Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times

Advertisements

My ex and I have regular contact since we have children and grandchildren. We're cordial but not overly so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 10:02 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
I dont get in touch with my ex-boyfriends. Especially if i'm happy with someone already.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:54 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Yes. I speak with my ex wife alot. my problem is I cant get our kids to contact her.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundOfSilence View Post
Have you ever got in touch with the ex even though you are happily married? Why? Any thoughts on that. Please share your story.
Well, depends on the intentions and the situations behind the reasons for contacting the ex. IMHO, the only reason that I would contact an ex is IF:

1. I have a child/ children w/ the ex;
2. I have one or more mutual friend(s) w/ the ex that has something terrible in that particular friend's life. For example, if a mutual friend got into a gnarly accident/ someone we mutually know passes away/ so forth, then ONE contact w/ the ex is a civil thing to do;
3. The ex is a decent person, and if any conversation that I would have w/ the ex is NOT something that I'm hiding from my spouse. SO the thing is: go ahead and have contact with the ex, AS LONG AS you are not hiding it from your spouse;
4. The ex is respectful to my marriage and my spouse; and last but not least;
5. The ex is not out to get back together w/ me.

Otherwise, keeping contact with an ex is a waste of time for me.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 AM

838 posts, read 1,876,273 times
I don't have an "ex" as in wife, but I'm in touch with a couple of ex-girlfriends. One of them is one of me and my wife's best friends; we've been friends for 35+ years, and she's married to my oldest & dearest friend.

I've been email buddies with another ex-girl for about 3 years; haven't seen her in almost 30 years. My wife knows we write back & forth; no problems there.

My wife also knows I'd like to get in touch with my First Love. I'd love to find out all about her, who she married, her kids, etc.

Now before I get lectured, it's not all about my ex's; I've also gotten back in touch with several dozen old friends & aquaintances, mainly thru facebook.

Call this nostalgia my version of a mid-life crisis. Could be worse.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:11 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerclassof72 View Post
I don't have an "ex" as in wife, but I'm in touch with a couple of ex-girlfriends. One of them is one of me and my wife's best friends; we've been friends for 35+ years, and she's married to my oldest & dearest friend.

I've been email buddies with another ex-girl for about 3 years; haven't seen her in almost 30 years. My wife knows we write back & forth; no problems there.

My wife also knows I'd like to get in touch with my First Love. I'd love to find out all about her, who she married, her kids, etc.

Now before I get lectured, it's not all about my ex's; I've also gotten back in touch with several dozen old friends & aquaintances, mainly thru facebook.

Call this nostalgia my version of a mid-life crisis. Could be worse.
What a great marriage. Its cool that neither one is jealous of each others' exes. She talks to all her exes and so do you. Good for you.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
That still doesn't explain why anybody was married to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
No. There's a reason they're called exes!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Is she really mean or selfish? That could be the reason why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Yes. I speak with my ex wife alot. my problem is I cant get our kids to contact her.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:07 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
No. There's a reason they're called exes!
Most of my exes (husband and b/f's) I'm grateful for--that they're my ex, I mean. But not all are exes b'c they were jerks. Sometimes it's quite possibly the inexperience of youth and pain of overbearing parents who bully under the guise of caring parent to try to choose your love interests for you. Ah! It felt good to get that out.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
only way i can walk straight is not looking back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships