Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:26 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,196 times

Advertisements

I have 5. 3 are on my back 1 is a large tribal on the back of my left calf...needs some touchup and additions and the other one is another large tribal down the outside of my right calf. Next for me is a 1/2 sleeve....no names ... just art. Gonna be my first colored piece!!!
My son has his kids names on the inside of his wrists...and a bunch more...my youngest daughter has her 2 step daughters names on her back....and 1/2 sleeves...oldest has one on her back and hubby has 3? No names....
We're so trashy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 08:53 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
I'm a tattoo fan, but no names for me.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:20 PM

720 posts, read 1,407,778 times
Never. With my luck as soon as I did it, they'd break up with me or get hit by a MACK truck....so it's best I don't.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:42 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
I am working on the drawings for a tat across my back at shoulder level. "Family First" With my hand print as the tree and my boy's hands as branches. If it so happens I find "The One" I will add her hand.
You're aware that Family First is the name of a conservative, right wing political party?

..::Family First Party::..

Oh and to answer the OP, my Dad has my name tattooed on his left arm, been there since I was born.
Not sure that I'd want to be tattooing names on me.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
I wont ever put someones name on me. But I do have a couple of tatts, one is visible and one isnt. Except maybe in the shower. But Im going to have them change the pic a little, eventually, on that one.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:04 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
No, I wouldn't tattoo a name on myself. Since I'm the type who completely moves on after a break-up, I couldn't handle an ex's name on something so personal. I would've been miserable had I gotten my first husband's name branded on my body. Yeech!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:26 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle toes View Post
the only tats i want are a tattoo of a butt on my butt ... Or a tattoo of a sign that says "parking in rear" on my butt ... Or a tattoo of a sign that says "do not enter" on my butt. (depending on my moods!)
lmao

Old 04-03-2009, 11:33 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,332,495 times
I had an ex get my name tattooed on his arm while we were dating. I warned him not to do it! but he did it anyway. When we broke up, he got a tribal design tattooed over my name, which was just fine with me. However, he took the break-up pretty hard, sometimes stopping by my work and following me out to the parking lot. As he was doing this he said, "I may have tattooed over your name, but it is still there underneath just like you will always be in my heart." It sounds sweet, but he started stalking me shortly thereafter. Creepy!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:46 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,719,775 times
I'd probably never get any name or title or anything tattooed on me. TBH, I'm not a big fan of "text" tattoos either. One of my old friends had his best friend's DOB-DOD tattooed on his arm though, and that kind of thing I don't mind so much (I don't mind number tats so much).

But name tattoos in general are just a very bad idea. I remember watching an episode of LA Ink where some chick wanted to get her boyfriend/fiance's name tattooed on her back and they spent quite a while trying to talk her out of it. I think eventually they convinced her to get a tattoo of something else, but I can't remember.

I also have a friend that tattooed his OWN name on his arm, which isn't as bad as someone else's name, IMO, but it was still pretty ridiculous.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:51 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,196 times
I'll probably get my kids initials incorporated in my next design....and the tattoo I have down the middle of my back signifies my husband and myself. Its two entertwined figures....probably a ft long...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships