U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,745,721 times

Advertisements

This is for those that have cheated, had affairs, or have thought about it. Alot of women, think us men are psychics, but like it was mentioned on my other post,men half of the time dont know why their woman cheated! What can we do or improve on, to keep you from running out, to men, its all about pride, that where it hurts the worst when a woman cheats!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 12:25 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,567,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
This is for those that have cheated, had affairs, or have thought about it. Alot of women, think us men are psychics, but like it was mentioned on my other post,men half of the time dont know why their woman cheated! What can we do or improve on, to keep you from running out, to men, its all about pride, that where it hurts the worst when a woman cheats!!!
Well, ACTUALLY, when a woman cheats, it's not about what the MAN should do to prevent her from cheating. The REAL answer comes from what the WOMAN, herself, must COMMUNICATE to her husband in order to prevent herself from cheating.

Like you said, if you guys, half of the time, don't know why their women cheated, then how on Earth would you know what you're doing wrong if your women don't TELL you what needs to be fixed?

Old 04-03-2009, 12:48 PM

5,612 posts, read 14,384,236 times
Most women cheat because they fell neglected or taken for granted. If you don't want your woman to fall into the arms of another man, PAY ATTENTION TO HER. It is not enough to work hard and pay the bills. You have to do all the things you did in the beginning to win her in the first place. The problem is men think once they've married a woman, that they can relax and not work at the relationship anymore. Your SO still needs to know (and will continue to need to know) that you love her and that she's important to you. Don't you want to feel attractive and important to the person you love?

Old 04-03-2009, 01:20 PM

9,230 posts, read 15,575,217 times
A good woman is pretty easy to please. Treat her with respect and she's a happy camper. Thing is, respect encompasses so many things that it's like pulling teeth for some. And there are people out there who will cheat just because they can.

I have been in relationships where I felt my needs were not being met. I did my part in communicating that when I began feeling the pull towards other men. I made it abundantly clear that is what I was feeling. Except mine wasn't a threat to cheat, it was a warning that I was on my way out. Once I feel an attraction to other men, to the point of wanting to act on it, there is a very small window of opportunity to save the relationship. From there on, it's up to them.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:25 PM

1,776 posts, read 3,821,895 times
Like Mary J Blige says on her song "If You Love Me"

You gotta remember the way that you got me
Cause that's the way you'll remember the way to keep me

I think those words kind of sum up what most committed women are saying in actions and words.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:49 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,745,721 times
wow mary j blige, "the queen of hip hop soul" can always break down and articulate what a real woman is feeling!

Old 04-03-2009, 03:42 PM

25,388 posts, read 33,434,347 times
There is nothing you can do to stop someone else from doing what they want to do. If cheating were about the relationship a cheater is in, they'd work on that relationship rather than cheat. Cheating is about the cheater getting what they want and that really has nothing to do with their SO. It's a flaw in the cheater.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:44 PM

13,780 posts, read 25,115,017 times
What are simple ways a man could keep a woman from cheating??? Hmmmmm, let's see...he could refrain from silly questions that make us want to bash our heads into a concrete wall

Old 04-03-2009, 03:47 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 19,022,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
The ones who don't know are the ones whose wives will probably tell you don't listen. Some men, you can tell straight out that you're lonely or feel neglected and if something doesn't change soon, something's gonna change soon--but they either don't hear it, don't believe it or just plain don't get it. Wake up and listen. Treat her how you'd like to be treated. That's how you can possibly prevent it.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:56 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,583,017 times
I don't fit into your qualifications, as I've never cheated, never wanted to, etc.

But I always remember my Grandma saying, "Have an affair with your wife (or husband) or someone else will."

Just 'cuz you're married doesn't mean you quit dating your S/O!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships