Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 04:00 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Sorry, not a psych major
But you know how bad his counseling was. Along with everything else about him and his life.

How tiring it must be for you to have to decide from moment to moment which side of your face to talk from.

Back off already.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:01 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
He's not asking us to take sides - you are confusing his thread with some of yours - he's asking if relationships that start as affairs ever make it long term. Do you have an opinion about THAT you'd like to share? (I feel sure you do )
Actually, I answered that question. I simply asked, when he disclosed he's been in counseling for 7 years, whether the affair started before or after the counseling started and expressed surprise that it was after. That does not sound like counseling that is working to me. Usually, you base the decision on how well counseling is working on results. If he thinks those were good results, I guess our definitions of good results from counseling are different.

Seriously, if he's still in counseling and being in counseling didn't help him make better decisions, he needs to take a long time by himself with a good counselor to get things straightened out. My guess would be that the relationship would not work right now. This is one of those, if you love something let it go moments in life. Both of them need time to grow up and figure out who they really are.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:02 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
But you know how bad his counseling was. Along with everything else about him and his life.

How tiring it must be for you to have to decide from moment to moment which side of your face to talk from.

Back off already.
I can only base things on what he says.

Why don't you back off?

Old 04-07-2009, 04:02 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I just sincerely sense this relationship was more than just a casual fling to forget your bad marriage. The way you have described your feelings for her as your best friend, the compatibility, it has such potential when the time is right.
Fo Sho. I guess my question is better put to a crystal ball. Timing being what it is I wonder if timing ruined the chance for us to be happy. It is really a sad thing to have to push someone away that makes me so happy.

Most of you have echoed my feelings( even the ones saying it wont work) all too well.

In the end it comes down to time and healing from two broken relationships. Ivory does have a point in asking what it is in me, and my choices of relationships. That really is part of my heart telling me to give it time. I damn sure don't want to end up in another failed marriage.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I can only base things on what he says.

Why don't you back off?
Why? Boney happens to like me. So NYEH.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Fo Sho. I guess my question is better put to a crystal ball. Timing being what it is I wonder if timing ruined the chance for us to be happy. It is really a sad thing to have to push someone away that makes me so happy.

Most of you have echoed my feelings( even the ones saying it wont work) all too well.

In the end it comes down to time and healing from two broken relationships. Ivory does have a point in asking what it is in me, and my choices of relationships. That really is part of my heart telling me to give it time. I damn sure don't want to end up in another failed marriage.
I suspect you will make the right decision. You have a good head on your shoulders. A good soul, I think.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:09 PM

Hehehehe Yes I do. She has been there to hand a piece of that chocolate over in a time of need.

Hahaha so NYEH. I swear I can hear her say it...

Really I do appreciate those of you who have risked the wrath of others to post an opinion contrary to popular belief.

Toxic people tend to breed toxic situations. We were doing pretty good there for a while.

Can anyone raise their hand and point out for the rest of the class where it went downhill?

Old 04-07-2009, 04:10 PM

No don't. It wont help. It was just a joke.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:12 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
No don't. It wont help. It was just a joke.
hahahaha - wasn't about to go there!! But we all saw it happen...

I like the way Hillman answered your question way back on page 2:

I sure hope so.My wife left Her Ex on Friday,I left my Ex moved in with her the next Friday.

Been together 27 years.

She accidently found out her Ex is living just across the river from us.

hillman

Old 04-07-2009, 04:15 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Hehehehe Yes I do. She has been there to hand a piece of that chocolate over in a time of need.

Hahaha so NYEH. I swear I can hear her say it...

Really I do appreciate those of you who have risked the wrath of others to post an opinion contrary to popular belief.

Toxic people tend to breed toxic situations. We were doing pretty good there for a while.

Can anyone raise their hand and point out for the rest of the class where it went downhill?
Why god, why?

Where's artsy when you need him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships