Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times

Advertisements

He's here - I just ran into him a few minutes ago in the new racial thread we have going here.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Boney, do you remember the defining moment when you realized it was over, even if not on paper?

Old 04-07-2009, 04:21 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Funny thing is I read a post from Ivory about how successful people with degrees are more important than common laborers and house wives.

So I guess she should bow in my presence... Hahaha. I am roughly 2 weeks away from finishing my third college degree and have turned a childhood of poverty into a business the nets more annually than most make in a lifetime.

Just to clear it up I do not agree with her statement I just find it funny that she only applies it to herself.

Oh yeah.. the 7 years of counseling was on a monthly basis. 84 trips to work out 15 or so years of garbage is pretty fast. 84 hours is barely a week and a slice of my work life.....
I've never said people with degrees are more important than common laborers. Nor are people with money important because they have it. Sometimes, they can be some of the most screwed up of the bunch.

As to housewives, I said I see no value in being one. Times have changed. We don't need one person home to make it work anymore. Our workloads have been reduced to the point we have lots of time and options for what to do with it. It has nothing to do with the value of the person but the value of what they do and that has nothing to do with how much they make. One of the most valuable professions I can think of is garbage collector. Without those men and women on those trucks, we'd be waist deep in our own refuse. They make civilized life possible in cities.

Not that you care one iota for anything I say but I'd suggest you finish counseling before you try to answer the question of whether or not you can have a successful relationship with someone when the relationship started with both of you cheating on your spouses. Until you get to the bottom of why you chose to cheat rather han free yourself, you're likely to repeat the same mistakes.

Good luck.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:23 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
He's here - I just ran into him a few minutes ago in the new racial thread we have going here.
He totally missed the show.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I've never said people with degrees are more important than common laborers. Nor are people with money important because they have it. Sometimes, they can be some of the most screwed up of the bunch.

As to housewives, I said I see no value in being one. Times have changed. We don't need one person home to make it work anymore. Our workloads have been reduced to the point we have lots of time and options for what to do with it. It has nothing to do with the value of the person but the value of what they do and that has nothing to do with how much they make. One of the most valuable professions I can think of is garbage collector. Without those men and women on those trucks, we'd be waist deep in our own refuse. They make civilized life possible in cities.

I was a "home maker" for 16 years before I went to work part-time 10 years ago. I work only part-time so that I can continue to take care of my home - and I don't mean the house. I take care of my man, my kids, my marriage, my friends, my neighbors and my community. Being a homemaker may be something YOU see no personal value in, but BELIEVE ME, I have reaped a huge harvest from what I have sown and would never go back to change a thing.

Last edited by mrstewart; 04-07-2009 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: a little harsh Loves!!

Old 04-07-2009, 04:26 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Boney, do you remember the defining moment when you realized it was over, even if not on paper?

Actually I do. I was sitting on my bed listening to the soon to be ex screaming at the top of her lungs from the shower how she can never figure out why she chose to marry a worthless POS like me. All because we were out of soap. My head fell I cried(which I rarely do) and said why am I allowing myself to be treated this way. I started contacting lawyers and asset protection firms.

By the way this was 3 or 4 months before I met the former mistress. I really became complacent as our relationship developed. It is amazing what you can put up with as long as you know for a few hours a week you can be happy.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:30 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Quote:
Actually I do. I was sitting on my bed listening to the soon to be ex screaming at the top of her lungs from the shower how she can never figure out why she chose to marry a worthless POS like me. All because we were out of soap. My head fell I cried(which I rarely do) and said why am I allowing myself to be treated this way. I started contacting lawyers and asset protection firms.

By the way this was 3 or 4 months before I met the former mistress. I really became complacent as our relationship developed. It is amazing what you can put up with as long as you know for a few hours a week you can be happy.
that is so sad. On another note, can I call you boner?

Old 04-07-2009, 04:31 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,879 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/584448-respect-spin-off-thread-post7786210.html#post7786210

Ivory argue with your own post will ya.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:35 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Until you get to the bottom of why you chose to cheat rather han free yourself, you're likely to repeat the same mistakes.
He got to his bottom, not yours. The sooner you come to terms with that, the happier we will all be.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:39 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:

And you couldn't just go get her a bar of soap???

(Just kidding!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships