Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 05:17 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
You guys are going to love this: A co-worker called an ex and asked if they could just hang out. She went over and they were watching a movie when he started putting on the moves. She thought about stopping him but then she calcuated the timeframe and realized she was probably ovulating and since she wanted to have a child anyway, she let nature take its course. Now she's impatiently waiting for enough time to go by and see if she got what she wanted out of their encounter.I'll bet he'll wished he hadn't pushed things when she gives him the news. ROTFLMAO.
Can you say "CONDOM"?? I raised a boy and from the time he was old enough to look at a girl, we talked about CONDOMS. I told him if he was too "shy" or embarrassed to go in and purchase condoms, then he wasn't old enough to be fooling around. Oh, I am 61, female and think that it is the responsibility of both partners to be protected and Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Arse Off is not the thing to do when you or a friend finds out he has someone pregnant. This young lady was deceitful and the "friend" DUMB for not having condoms around...be smarter next time an ex stops by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 05:38 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
A trojan in the pocket is worth a millions hindsight moments later on.
http://ts4.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=576289703143&id=65932e002c3b0f0a8 c8542867bdc5ce9 (broken link)
Don't need it, I had vasectomy
But I can swear women have a 7th sense and can make out I have been operated,
because since my vasectomy strangely I had a significant drop in partners...

Old 04-09-2009, 06:57 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Well, both people in the scenario are idiots. But here's the thing: Did the woman in this situation say, "It's okay, I'm protected"?

Because I know three different guys (My BIL, a cousin, and an acquaintance) whose girlfriends conveniently stopped taking birth control because they wanted to seal the deal, so to speak. I'm not saying that this is a tactic most women use--far from it. But it's a tactic that some women don't have qualms about resorting to. So even if she claims that all that stuff is taken care of, wear protection unless you just want to pay child support for the next eighteen years.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:00 AM

657 posts, read 1,599,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, both people in the scenario are idiots. But here's the thing: Did the woman in this situation say, "It's okay, I'm protected"?

Because I know three different guys (My BIL, a cousin, and an acquaintance) whose girlfriends conveniently stopped taking birth control because they wanted to seal the deal, so to speak. I'm not saying that this is a tactic most women use--far from it. But it's a tactic that some women don't have qualms about resorting to. So even if she claims that all that stuff is taken care of, wear protection unless you just want to pay child support for the next eighteen years.
or more, a lot of states are making support laws that require support to continue if the child goes to college directly after high school, the oldest i've heard was up to 24 (i'm not even 24 yet!)

Old 04-09-2009, 07:01 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,604,265 times
I don't feel sorry for anyone (male or female) that fails to use protection when they have no interest in having a child. Awww, poor you! When you have casual flings like that you can't trust either party. You can't trust the woman when she says she is on the pill. A condom would have been a good option here. Along with PULLING OUT before you ejaculate

Old 04-09-2009, 07:09 AM

657 posts, read 1,599,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Along with PULLING OUT before you ejaculate
heh.. you know what they call people who use the "pull out" method?

parents. 75% effectiveness (if done correctly EVERY time) is not my idea of reliable.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:15 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,604,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post
heh.. you know what they call people who use the "pull out" method?

parents. 75% effectiveness (if done correctly EVERY time) is not my idea of reliable.
I've been using that method for nine years now

LOL, anyway, I meant using the pulling out method ALONG with also using a condom. Double up the protection. It would be nice if the woman was on the pill to. Triple the protection.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:16 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
You know, all I had to do is cast a smoldering glance at Mrs. CPG and WHAM! Life got so much better after the procedure.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:35 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
or more, a lot of states are making support laws that require support to continue if the child goes to college directly after high school, the oldest i've heard was up to 24 (i'm not even 24 yet!)

My son (fruit of a botched half-hearted "coitus interruptus" from me btw) is 23 , is going to college, and I still pay (and will be paying in the foresseable future) alimony to his mother (that I didn't see since a few years but who never forget to call me to wish me a Happy New Year and ask me not to forget my checks each January!).
The good side is that she is not voracious, she asks me only a token support (200$ a month) but on the other hand, when my son needs something extra like paying the gym or vacations I do give him directly some financial support and of course he comes to eat for free at home. Fortunately he is doing some menial jobs like babysitting or security guard, so he earns his own "beer money"! (he has no rent to pay, he still lives with mama/girlfriends flat weekends).
I would say he has a much better life than I have at his age (and a ton of pals!), all the power to him! after all, he is my son!(and taught his ol'dad some computer tricks , to differentiate between mp3/ipod, etc)

Old 04-09-2009, 07:41 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,753 times
My buddy just went through something like this. He had a vasectomy done a few years ago. The gal he was seeing tells him "I am late." he didn't really respond. Made an appointment the next day to get his count checked, and what do you know. No little swimmers. He tells her about the vasectomy and shows her the results. All of a sudden it was just stress that made her late.

Kids are a big responsibility and should not be had or used as a tool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships