Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2007, 10:50 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,837 times

Advertisements

At this point and time I could care less if I was run over by a train. I am moving even if I only have my car and daughter, I have had it with life in general.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:37 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
At this point and time I could care less if I was run over by a train. I am moving even if I only have my car and daughter, I have had it with life in general.
I may have missed it among all the posts, but what is your timeframe for leaving?

Hang in there, Yorkie! I think that once you have moved and are settled in your new home, you will have a new outlook. I agree that you need to seek legal advice, but that is something you can do once you move. But make a commitment to do it within the first couple of weeks. That way you will not only be out of the situation for short-term sanity, but have a long-term game plan.

I am so glad you are leaving, as the erosion of self-esteem that you have weathered is like a cancer. Like wearing shoes that are too tight, once you get on a new pair, your whole outlook will change.

We're all pulling for you.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:42 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Yes, we're pulling for you, but one phone call and one hour with an attorney will provide you with ammunition for a separation move, and may avoid future problems that you can't anticipate.

You're probably feeling over-whelmed, for sure, but try to keep up the fight!

Old 04-28-2007, 05:48 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Yorkie, I'm going to join in with the others, seek an attorney's advise now, before moving. I may be wrong, but I do believe that you need to file for divorce/separation in the county you live in right now, especially with a minor child. I'm not an attorney, and do not know your states laws, but I have worked for a divorce attorney and we had a client in your shoes. The woman had to file in our state, and county even though she lived in another state (she also relocated before seeking legal advise, and she did not have a minor child). This means that you will have to fly back for every hearing. Get the low down now, so you don't make costly mistakes.

Last edited by cassy1; 04-28-2007 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-28-2007, 09:23 AM

31 posts, read 95,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
{snip} I agree that you need to seek legal advice, but that is something you can do once you move. {snip}

no, no... please talk to an attorney BEFORE you move... in some states that may be considered abandonment, and in some states that can have serious repercussions in divorce proceedings. Also, when you take minor children out of state, the other parent *could* potentially open an action to force you back into the state. I know someone in that situation... her DH (and the D does NOT stand for Dear) left her and her six kids for OW, did not send any $$ for support, leaving her penniless and forcing her to move herself and kids in with her parents in another state. When he filed for divorce, he also filed motions to force her to move back in-state with the children. The legal proceedings have been going on for nearly two years now, with no end in sight...

I don't understand the reluctance to seek professional legal advice. Attorneys, in this situation, are worth their weight in gold. Most attorneys will give an hour of time... surely, you can get away for an hour and make a call from your cell phone?

Old 04-28-2007, 12:23 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Okay, I'm sure that you know better than I. Forget what I said, Yorkie! But isn't the husband saying that he is going, too, just will be following them after they get there? If that is the case, and he doesn't come, might he then be seen as abandoning them? A legal question and one to be answered by attorneys. Sorry for my armchair legal offerings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaGecko View Post
no, no... please talk to an attorney BEFORE you move... in some states that may be considered abandonment, and in some states that can have serious repercussions in divorce proceedings. Also, when you take minor children out of state, the other parent *could* potentially open an action to force you back into the state. I know someone in that situation... her DH (and the D does NOT stand for Dear) left her and her six kids for OW, did not send any $$ for support, leaving her penniless and forcing her to move herself and kids in with her parents in another state. When he filed for divorce, he also filed motions to force her to move back in-state with the children. The legal proceedings have been going on for nearly two years now, with no end in sight...

I don't understand the reluctance to seek professional legal advice. Attorneys, in this situation, are worth their weight in gold. Most attorneys will give an hour of time... surely, you can get away for an hour and make a call from your cell phone?

Old 04-28-2007, 12:27 PM

He is in agreement on this, we have even talked about a quickie divorce. I am not worried about my daughter, he has told her to her face he doesn't want her living with him, she needs to stay with me where ever I go.
I am just getting over stressed about getting moved, with still so much to move, and then finding a place. It just seems like time stands still, and at the same time the days fly by.
I am at the point that happiness is all that matters, it is not what you own or what you have, I just need peace in my life and in my heart.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:35 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
JMO- but he sounds like he has a few tricks left up his sleeve- YM- do NOT trust what he says.

Divorce can get ugly when property is involved- he sounds like he wants the house- and is lying in wait for you to get to Colorado. Call it my instinct, but I have read all your posts about him- we are only looking out for your interest. Think of your daughter- do it to protect her future.

S.

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 04-28-2007 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: add

Old 04-28-2007, 01:24 PM

I don't care about the house or anything else for that matter, I will make it by myself once I get out of here. He can have it all as long as I get my life back.
It will be hard at first, but I will pray everyday that God is behind me leading me and helping me through it all. If some of you only knew, then maybe you wouldn't be telling me to wait and get things done here. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2007, 02:02 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
ok, then. but do you have his address I can send my killer dog over there-lol

S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships