Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:54 PM

4,781 posts, read 2,083,032 times

Advertisements

I have a song for you Yorkie-Mom
Go to You tube and type in: Ready To Fly Richard Marx
Have you heard it?

Old 03-29-2007, 11:58 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,420,189 times
Honey, get yourself a lawyer, and make sure he/she is a mean SOB bulldog of a divorce lawyer. Make sure you do this quietly. Be meek and mild to him. If he has a clue, he will empty the bank accounts. Make sure you have as much as you can in your name. And make yourself lists of the accounts, with account numbers, and any assets such as home, vehicles, land, stocks, retirement accounts etc. Give this info to the lawyer. Keep a copy for yourself. You can put it in a safe deposit box, with any mail going to a PO box you have in your name only. Your lawyer can guide you. This is one time a lawyer will be WELL worth the money. You might also want to visit a spouse abuse counselor, because he is emotionally abusing you. Contact a women's shelter, they can help. Good luck, God bless you. Courage and strength to you.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:59 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,639 times
Asks you if you're paying. What the heck? The more I read about him the more I want to kick him in the teeth among other places. I'm pretty confident that you would be way better off without a piece of poopy diarrhea doo doo ass $hit like him.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:02 AM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,081,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNN View Post
Have you heard it?
That souds like the song that REO SPEEDWAGON had years ago. "Time for me to Fly"

Old 03-30-2007, 12:07 AM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,081,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinFever View Post
That souds like the song that REO SPEEDWAGON had years ago. "Time for me to Fly"
you can hear this song on youtube.com by just typin in time for me to fly by reo speedwagon.Just make sure you kill the bass in it.I just tried that song out and it had alot of bass in it. or it just might be my surround sound is up to high.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:21 AM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,318 times
I am so happy with all the answers you all have given me so far, I guess I needed to hear it from others, since he has tried to brain wash me for 23 years, always trying to sugar coat things when I really get upset, but right back to his old self once I let my guard down.
I am old enough to remember that song, I will have to try and fing the cd once I hit the road and am well on my way. I have to figure out how to get moved.
The a$$ pushed me back into smoking because of all the stress, but once I get rid of the trash I know I will be able to quit then. He does rub it into me the I am the weaker one since I went back to smoking, I just tell him he drove me to it. Now I could use a good drink, even though I am not much of a drinker. Thank you all, you don't know how much this means to me. This is called friendship!!!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 12:31 AM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,318 times
Default Thanks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNN View Post
Have you heard it?
I went and checked it out, I never heard that one, but I would like to pick up one of his cd's, I have always liked his singing in the past.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:39 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
I've got beer at my place! Stop by on your way through!

Old 03-30-2007, 01:48 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,088 times
Good luck and God Bless. Oh and hope ya take him to the cleaners. What a creep

Old 03-30-2007, 03:33 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
yorkie, once you decide, then you've got to move straight ahead, if you are ambivalent, waiver, just a bit, this pitbull with rip you apart, break you down,
i have a suspician, he will do a 180, once he truly knows you are serious, because you can hurt him, financially. most district courthouses, have "divorce packets" for 10-20 dollars, pick one up, look it over, see what you are looking at, also, take an hour with a divorce attorney, this is your best step, before you move out, the lawyer will tell you where you stand, what to do, what not to do. this will neutralize the b.s. your hubby will be screaming at you.
i'd do this before you actually leave the house.
also, and this is critical, dont let your emotions... to move , compromise/jeopardize what may be rightfully yours. i've seen too many times, a wife leaving in a huff,,so glad to get out, and the guy hides most of his assets, and the guy keeps the house, and woman in a lowly apartment, with kid(s) struggling much harder....this is why you NEED to talk to a lawyer before you leave the house!
also, depeneding on state laws, you may be entitled, to half the marital assets, this includes your hubby's 401k/retirement, this is an excellent bartering chip,,,dont neglect this,,,even if he has assets, you dont want, you still may be entitled to half of value,,
also, take an inventory of what financial assets, you both have, even if some are considered "his" usually the wife is surprised, the guy has an extra savings account, or stocks/bonds/mutual funds, etc,(safe deposit box)
you may say now, this ISNT about money, and yes, its not, but if you two separate, you've got to get what you can, otherwise, you will be out in the cold, and he will still have the house.
one last piece of advice, divorce is the legal process of ending a marriage, most of the time, the marriage has been long over, by this time.
again, once you make the decision, what he says anymore is irrelevent,,read that ten times, because if you start reacting to what he says,,he will start controlling you again, and all the blame will be on your head.
its time to play/deal your own cards.
please research whats in front of you first, before you move out, meet with a lawyer,,, very important!!! again, deal your own cards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships