Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 05:11 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times

Advertisements

Okay, when does this vacation thing start. Guess I'll need a few bucks, lets see adventure land, and the keys, yes I think that will work. I'll still pick up the bus, not a problem. By the way Rance, my hubby calls me the navigator, and I've never gotten us lost (he has but that is another story).

Glad to hear YM is finally on her way back. Hopefully there were some fun filled times for her and her daughter.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:27 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
rofl you guys crack me up . I have got to stop going to bed so early all the "cool kids" stay up late.

I am glad YM is on her way home safely.

ok do any of you remember the roaming dinners they use to have ? drinks at one house, appitizers at the next and so on ......
we could sort of do rances trip like that
starting in Jax we could then load up both the bus and the people at each stop
neeener neener I get the "shotgun" cause I am getting on first
the one talent I can offer other than the DJing ( BTW I have the "Rocky Horror" album )
Is I know the exact number of people you can fit in the bathroom on a bus at one time.
I find ways to entertain when I get bored, and I was very bored one time on a bus trip from Washington DC to Phila.

karla

p.s. vpcats - you should celebrate your birthday early and go on the curise to alaska

Old 06-14-2007, 12:50 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
At this particular juncture...I will be off for 2 weeks from Decmeber 5th to the 17th. Now this could change come October. But I should have it hammered in stone by November. Karla...are there any motorhome rental places in your area. PM me or something.

P.S. Can I bring a guest? She wants to ride the roller coasters and hike the everglades and see gators as bad as I do.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:09 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
At this particular juncture...I will be off for 2 weeks from Decmeber 5th to the 17th. Now this could change come October. But I should have it hammered in stone by November. Karla...are there any motorhome rental places in your area. PM me or something.

P.S. Can I bring a guest? She wants to ride the roller coasters and hike the everglades and see gators as bad as I do.
Copy!

Yes! But you all make sure you bring your medical insurance cards too!

Old 06-14-2007, 04:41 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
hey all, can we start a new thread so we can get back on topic please? I've enjoyed the ramblings and would love to join your caravan...maybe in another thread though. Sorry to be a party pooper.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:00 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
ok hoos
I will start one

karla

Old 06-14-2007, 07:09 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
It isn't easy to shake a 23-year old relationship. Or at least I can't imagine doing it without pangs of doubt, guilt, confusion and anticipated freedom . Haven't we all known and certainly read of the indecision in seeking a separation and/or a divorce here and IRL?

Yorkie Mom must be having all those pangs, asking all those questions and with a partner who wants to hang on, it ain't going to be easy, unless one is firm in one's own conviction that it is the right decision at the right time.

Just my (un)educated guess, is all!
Well said, ontheroad. Life is complicated, people are complicated, situations are complicated. And no one even knows what's really happening, only that her husband came along on the scouting trip. Jumping to conclusions and making assumptions and even worse, making thinly veiled accusations that she's a liar out to get attention, is unfair to Yorkie_Mom. I thought she's not only a moderator here, she's been a friend to everyone. I'm sure she'll be very sad reading this thread.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:48 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,158,550 times
Not back yet????

Hoosier, she was suppose to call you back, did she ????

Well at least we know she is O.K.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:42 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
As verbally abusive as her husband sounded, it seemed to have gone both ways. Incidents she shared about his family and that her family will have nothing to do with her make me think that this isn't so simple as a relationship that needs to be over. Sometimes our pain can become our obession. It comes to define us. And it is very convenient to hold someone other than ourselves accountable for our unhappiness.

From my subjective perspective, if he didn't hold a gun to her head and jump in the car with her, then she is comfortable where she is with him. Many publicly and privately encouraged her to get counseling. Many publicly and privately expressed concern for the unhealthy relationship she was carrying on with her daughter.

I wish her the best, as she has been nice and caring to many on here, me included. But sometimes, even in VL, to continue to support someone, when it appears that they are not doing any of the work, is not being helpful and supportive, it is enabling them to prolong the sickness. As long as there are crutches for some to use, they will never go about getting themselves healed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
Well said, ontheroad. Life is complicated, people are complicated, situations are complicated. And no one even knows what's really happening, only that her husband came along on the scouting trip. Jumping to conclusions and making assumptions and even worse, making thinly veiled accusations that she's a liar out to get attention, is unfair to Yorkie_Mom. I thought she's not only a moderator here, she's been a friend to everyone. I'm sure she'll be very sad reading this thread.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:23 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,269,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
I really think it's time to end this sad thread. At least temporarily. If Yorkie_Mom decides to come back here, I hope she will explain everything. If she doesn't, it's even more unfair to accuse someone who can't defend themselves. Let's move on, please. For those who feel hurt, I have this consolation: you are all good, helpful people. Let's not spoil it now, please. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships