Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:00 AM

65 posts, read 171,268 times

Advertisements

I met him from on line dating website. So we started dating for over 2 months so far, and he said he loves me after we dated for about 1 months.

He is very nice and caring to me, and I feel loved and happy being with him. He also introduced me to his family and always calls and sends messages me. he also thinks I am the one.

So last night he was unhappy that he found me still have my profile on that dating website. (He had taken off his profile after we dated for two or three weeks.) So to make him happy, I deleted my profile.

But now I realize that I am not happy, I still want to keep my options open and want to put my profile back on that website, but at the same time I don't want to lose him or hurt him, I like him a lot. what if I can't find another man who loves me more or is better than him?

what should I do? should I be honest with him and tell him what I think? would he go away and think anything bad about me? or should I exclusively date him for a while and see how it goes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 12:04 AM

382 posts, read 1,351,333 times
Sounds like things are moving fast. Being honest is the most important thing you can do in a relationship. Keeping your feelings in to make him happy will just build resentment. Tell him how you feel and go from there.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:04 AM

so i've heard that guys like chasing, and are hunters. so maybe if i told him that I would like to keep my options open, he might be fine with it??

Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzzard View Post
Sounds like things are moving fast. Being honest is the most important thing you can do in a relationship. Keeping your feelings in to make him happy will just build resentment. Tell him how you feel and go from there.

so how should i tell him in a nice way?? just be straightforward that I don't want to be settled and want to keep my options open?? that doesn't sound nice...

what would you say in this situation if you were me??

Old 04-10-2009, 12:12 AM

37,461 posts, read 45,666,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaha View Post
I met him from on line dating website. So we started dating for over 2 months so far, and he said he loves me after we dated for about 1 months.

He is very nice and caring to me, and I feel loved and happy being with him. He also introduced me to his family and always calls and sends messages me. he also thinks I am the one.

So last night he was unhappy that he found me still have my profile on that dating website. (He had taken off his profile after we dated for two or three weeks.) So to make him happy, I deleted my profile.

But now I realize that I am not happy, I still want to keep my options open and want to put my profile back on that website, but at the same time I don't want to lose him or hurt him, I like him a lot. what if I can't find another man who loves me more or is better than him?

what should I do? should I be honest with him and tell him what I think? would he go away and think anything bad about me? or should I exclusively date him for a while and see how it goes?
Are you sleeping with him? If so, you're being dishonest with him as well as with everyone else on the dating site.

If you are not content to be exclusive with him, tell him so. It's completely dishonest to do anything else. And as far as this comment:

"at the same time I don't want to lose him or hurt him, I like him a lot. what if I can't find another man who loves me more or is better than him?"

You sound too young to be dating. Totally immature.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:19 AM

382 posts, read 1,351,333 times
I think I would tell him how I felt about him but that I would like to have an open relationship for right now (dating others, no sex/kissing). My brother did this with a woman, eventually dated her exclusively, and then they moved in together. Of course a couple years later they split, but you just never really know.

If he respects you he may agree. He also may not like it and/or do something unexpected. It's always a risk in a relationship, but it's better to be upfront than keep it all in.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:54 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,933,239 times
Wow! Nothing like having your cake and eating it too.

Tell him the truth. Tell him you really like him, but that you aren't ready for a committment. Tell him you want to see him AND see other people. If you lose him ... oh well.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:59 AM

80 posts, read 277,487 times
Break up & call him when you get into High School.....

Old 04-10-2009, 04:57 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,372,585 times
Just tell him that its too soon to see where you and him are heading and that you want to keep your options open till he has convinced you that hes the one.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:02 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,590,032 times
If your not happy...move on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships