Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 03:19 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
You seem overly sensitive to cold looks from women. You noticed that about that last woman you dated. Why is that? Did your mom give you stern looks as a child?
Not overly sensitive but I am a perceptive and observing type of man. I pick up on these things and usually I'm not wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 04:39 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
Ok, so it's dumb to be anally overanalyzing, agree. But it's not good bein completely careless either, right? Where do you put the boundary between "overanalyzing" and "careless?"
It is somewhere in the middle. Definitely I am someone that is not careless about who I go out with and certainly have good street smarts and a good read on people. But on the other hand, I view an evening out as just that, an evening out. I don't read all these expectations into an evening out as some people seem to do.

And if the woman has a lot of expectations of me then that is their problem.

The problem I have with us Americans is we get things done. Which is actually fine in many cases but the downside is we don't stop to smell the roses so to speak. Instead of going out for a nice evening we are cycling hundreds of questions through our brain or verbalizing them, reading all these expectations into something, thinking five years down the road, trying to "accomplish the mission" rather then focusing on the moment in time.

Sure I think it is appropriate to ask yourself whether you would want to take it further or whether you want to be in between their legs or not, but I'd not pressurize yourself with all this other crap. Live life, enjoy the moment, have a nice evening and that is that. When the sun comes up the next day that is tomorrow and you can worry about that then.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:05 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
If she pulls your pigtails, she's interested!

Old 04-13-2009, 11:51 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
If I like a guy, I go cavewoman on him. I just cup a cheek and give it a friendly grasp, or I'll reach around from behind and tweak his nips. If I really like him, then I may go for broke - aka the crotch grab. Works like a charm.

By the way, I am totally kidding. Well, not really. Yes, yes, of course - I am totally kidding. Or not.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:05 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
I know more what the signs of NO interest are.

WOmen, what are your signs of interest? I don't even mean sex. I mean, subtle hints you drop that you:

- are having a good time
- would like 2 see him again
- are open to sex that night

I had a date last Friday. Dinner, drinks at bar 1, drinks at bar 2, late night snack at a bar/restaurant. But no sex. Conversation went well, but we ended up talking about a few non-relationship topics (the girl was smart and down to Earth and had strong opinions on a few issues).

Over drinks, relationships were talked about too. Great atmosphere. But I felt this woman was nice and I am not the type who screws around. And there was no chemistry of that type. So... no moves were made. I took her home, politely said good night, and thusly ended the evening.
Based upon my experiences...
-She touches you. Things like touching your arm while making a point, brushing against you while you walk to the car.
-If you are sitting at a bar-type table that is round without a definitive side, does she sit "closely" to you
-You notice that she is subtley "checking you out"
-Smiles at you with her eyes

In cases where this happened and I'm not a 1st date type guy....it wasn't a ton more dates before both parties began fully expressing their happiness with the other.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:20 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Based upon my experiences...
-She touches you. Things like touching your arm while making a point, brushing against you while you walk to the car.
-If you are sitting at a bar-type table that is round without a definitive side, does she sit "closely" to you
-You notice that she is subtley "checking you out"
-Smiles at you with her eyes

In cases where this happened and I'm not a 1st date type guy....it wasn't a ton more dates before both parties began fully expressing their happiness with the other.
My husband is the only man I slept with on the first date and your list pretty much describes my mannerisms.

Normally I'm very reserved, but I naturally found myself touching him on his arms, chest and thighs. I remember on our first date sitting alongside him at a bar and having my leg up against his.

Ahhh memories!

Old 04-14-2009, 07:27 PM

434 posts, read 933,684 times
only if a man knows how to get me interested first

Old 04-14-2009, 08:02 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
ha ha is that what you do?

I like guys better because you can "tell" when they are interested. They usually have a pop tent and stare deep into your eyes. I love that deep eyes look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
If she pulls your pigtails, she's interested!

Old 04-14-2009, 08:06 PM

I'm surprised any woman gave you that opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Every time I had sex with a woman right away, it never turned into a relationship.

When I say right away, I mean like that night.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:11 PM

That sounds like very mature and respectful behavior for your age group. Oh wait, no it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
If I don't like someone, it is clear & obvious. I will be flippant & make faces & even bluntly say I am not interested. Of course, some guys think this is playing "hard to get" & like that I am "feisty" .

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships