Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 10:29 PM

27,336 posts, read 27,387,014 times

Advertisements

Heck, in my experience even when I was married and did wear wedding ring, occasionally would still get hit up. Rings dont mean anything to some....and dont make very good deterrences. I dont wear rings and even if I were married now, still wouldnt wear one, in my line of work. If someone really wants to hit on you, theyre gonna do it regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 11:21 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Used to avoid women like that but with so much cheating going on I still try to play my game lol. It works sometimes.

For lots of women they marry a good provider but he sucks in the bed room so they cheat to satisfy their sexual needs. For them, it is better than getting a divorce. Remember, just because they are married doesn't mean they are happy. That is where I come in to fill the void .
Ring don't block the hole, huh? What's good for the goose is good for the gander too. Ring would imply marriage and it's good that some still honor it. Some don't perhaps, and I think they pay for it. Otherwise, why not just live together and not have the ring?

I know a lot of women these days who don't need a provider persay. They stand on their own two feet financially and enjoy their career... AND do women stuff as well... (things other than providing).

But yeah, men sure do notice that. One way or another. There's all kinds of people out there. But hey, could be worse. When it comes to law, you can't prosecute morality. Not here in the States anyway. Thank God for that. Saudi Arabia comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
To answer the original posters question, it seems to be more of a turnon to a man to see a woman with a ring on. More of a challenge I guess.
There again, the goose/gander comment.

I feel a joke comin' on... Dude goes to his buddy and says, "So, If I do your lady, would that make us related?" Dude's buddy says, "No. It'd make us even."

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-12-2009 at 11:31 PM..

Old 04-13-2009, 06:59 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Heck, in my experience even when I was married and did wear wedding ring, occasionally would still get hit up. Rings dont mean anything to some....and dont make very good deterrences. I dont wear rings and even if I were married now, still wouldnt wear one, in my line of work. If someone really wants to hit on you, theyre gonna do it regardless.
Not everybody is like that Livewire. If I see somebody with a ring, and I don't care how friendly she is, I'll keep my distance. I look at it this way, if I were married, how would I feel if somebody made advances on my wife?

Old 04-13-2009, 07:11 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Its the 2nd thing i look at. Right after i check out her butt!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:23 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Yes. I usually err on the side of caution. If the ring doesn't look like a wedding/engagement ring but she still has something on that finger, I exclude her.

Was introduced to a new group of people recently. I very subtly and quickly scanned every one of the women's hands. None had a ring. One woman was attractive and seemed to have a very bubbly personality. Instant attraction! Then some dude walks in and she says, "and there's my husband! About time you got here honey."

I went from to in mach 3.0.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yeah. I also pay attention to her dress, shoes, and whatever else there is about her. You call a lot about a person in not much time at all if you're astute enough.
And what can you tell?

I ask seriously. I'm not the best judge of character and astuteness is not one of my strengths.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Not everybody is like that Livewire. If I see somebody with a ring, and I don't care how friendly she is, I'll keep my distance. I look at it this way, if I were married, how would I feel if somebody made advances on my wife?
Good point, and generally people should back off. But not everyone will, some dont care if the person is married, or how their spouse would feel.......this doesnt apply to only women. Thats just the way some people are.
Theres really nothing wrong with looking, or admiring a person, married or not. Its when it goes beyond that.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Good point, and generally people should back off. But not everyone will, some dont care if the person is married, or how their spouse would feel.......this doesnt apply to only women. Thats just the way some people are.
Theres really nothing wrong with looking, or admiring a person, married or not. Its when it goes beyond that.
I tried to get a cute lady's phone number once. I visited her where she worked. So I asked her, "do you have a bf?"

She said, "I have a husband." But she had never worn a ring.

I was embarrassed, apologized, and left. At least she was nice about it.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:42 AM

Lol...well now you know, not all wear rings either, so it can end up throwing someone off!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Lol...well now you know, not all wear rings either, so it can end up throwing someone off!
Yep.

Another woman I asked out, also very attractive, and also at her place of work... she did have a ring but it was not on that finger and it was clear to me she wasn't married. Well so I thought. So I ask her out and learn that she was not married, but had a boyfriend.

Ring or no ring, sometimes you don't know. But as I said, when the ring is there and the rock is shining bright, I turn more than just my gaze away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships