Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 02:16 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,830 times

Advertisements

so i went to that cocktail party/event thing tonight for jewish singles. they had a free speed dating thing so myself and the 2 people i cam with decided to do it.

but wait let me backtrack. 5 minutes before we did this, i met my friend's friend who introduced me to her friend- some guy. then we went to speed dating.

that guy was one of the speed daters. he instantly said to me do you go to xxxxx college and study xxxxxx and are you a teacher? i said yeah how did you know. he told me to guess and i thought he just heard me say that to someone else (the tables were all close together). turns out i spoke to him once on jdate. he remembered my screename on there and half the things i said. we spoke on there over a month ago.

i found the whole thing creepy, yet i am strangely turned on and aroused by that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 02:21 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,904,686 times

Old 08-06-2009, 02:26 AM

252 posts, read 661,055 times
Depends on how you want to take it. Do you remember the conversation at all? If you hit it off well, maybe he just found you really interesting. Or he might just have a good memory for detail (I've creeped out many people by remembering things that they told me without them remembering they told). Or it could be a mix of both. On the other hand, he might have no life and his biggest thrill is getting to talk to girls on the internet. Maybe you should ask that friend of a friend about him, or get his email and find out more about him until you decide if he's worth dating or putting on your block list.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:29 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maude Kipz View Post
Depends on how you want to take it. Do you remember the conversation at all? If you hit it off well, maybe he just found you really interesting. Or he might just have a good memory for detail (I've creeped out many people by remembering things that they told me without them remembering they told). Or it could be a mix of both. On the other hand, he might have no life and his biggest thrill is getting to talk to girls on the internet. Maybe you should ask that friend of a friend about him, or get his email and find out more about him until you decide if he's worth dating or putting on your block list.
i do not remember what i said to that guy online awhile back. i do remember talking to him (i just searched jdate a second ago), but dont remember ANYTHING i said to him. i was shocked by his memory. i couldnt believe how much he remembered about me especially my screename on there.

the rest of the night i feel he was staring at me but maybe i just was out of it.

its funny that now i am only interested in him due to his memory lol.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:32 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,904,686 times
Ok, now you've expanded a little, I'm finding it creepy.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:43 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,489,494 times
How can a guy win? You find it creepy that he remembered you and you would probably be somewhat insulted if he didnt.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:48 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
How can a guy win? You find it creepy that he remembered you and you would probably be somewhat insulted if he didnt.
Thanks for an early morning chuckle!

Old 08-06-2009, 05:53 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
I think the creepiest part of the story is the speed dating thing. Another product of the 21st century...quantity over quality, flash over substance. Did you actually find that you could weed out potential boyfriends in such a fashion? Not trying to be condescending, I'm curious.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:26 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,330,462 times
I do not see myself at such dating situations, they are what's creepy IMO
I know someone with an amazing memory and it's unreal how much people like that remember and the details...; I suppose if you're not used to it, it can be intimidating.
Always watch what you say online, someone may remember it!
He's likely to be just someone in the crowd, nothing to worry about, unless you told secrets people can exploit. Wait and watch and see what happens.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:39 AM

966 posts, read 2,446,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
so i went to that cocktail party/event thing tonight for jewish singles. they had a free speed dating thing so myself and the 2 people i cam with decided to do it.

but wait let me backtrack. 5 minutes before we did this, i met my friend's friend who introduced me to her friend- some guy. then we went to speed dating.

that guy was one of the speed daters. he instantly said to me do you go to xxxxx college and study xxxxxx and are you a teacher? i said yeah how did you know. he told me to guess and i thought he just heard me say that to someone else (the tables were all close together). turns out i spoke to him once on jdate. he remembered my screename on there and half the things i said. we spoke on there over a month ago.

i found the whole thing creepy, yet i am strangely turned on and aroused by that.
Unless you were reading something creepy in his tone of voice, I don't find this creepy at all. Could just be me, but I find it wonderful that he even remembered you, and so specifically. That would be a turn-on for me, especially in these times when so many people seem to think dating partners are randomly exchangeable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships