Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:28 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,187,381 times

Advertisements

Ladys what can you tell ab out a man, by the kind of car he chooses to drive? Is he a neat freak, country boy, etc etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 10:38 AM

77,700 posts, read 59,834,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Ladys what can you tell ab out a man, by the kind of car he chooses to drive? Is he a neat freak, country boy, etc etc....
Well, since one date got a little freaked out by the blood and bits of clothing on my front fender...I now know to make sure to keep it washed.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,912,302 times
Well, around here we see a lot of people with flashy rides. I have two schools of thought - depending on who it is. Small, flashy sportscar - he's either very wealthy or has a very small 'you-know-what' ... or both. We call them "Big Machers".

Old 04-14-2009, 10:57 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,936,484 times
It isn't the car itself that matters. It's the condition in which he keeps it.

As far as the make of the car is concerned, it's really a non-issue, with a definitive bias against the extravagant vehicle. As an example, I remember is the headline I once saw for a Porsche 911 ad: "Small Penis? Have I Got The Car For You!"

Old 04-14-2009, 11:06 AM

42,618 posts, read 86,571,713 times
First of all, you can tell less about financial status than you think---and more about financial responsibility. People who are actually well off drive conservative, practical cars. People who are financially irresponsible drive showy sporty cars.

Unless the car is very new, go around and look at the tires. If all four tires are exactly the same (brand, size, style, treadwear, etc.), then the car owner is attentive to the details of sound maintenance. He keeps his tires balanced, rotated, and inflated properly, and when he needs new tires, buys all four at once. (If you're every buying a used car, use this to judge the car's past care.) He will maintain his home and his family and his affairs with the same attention to detail.

A man will expect his wife to look like his car. If he wants his car to be a perpetually waxed and polished showpiece, you had better have a good sense of style fashion yourself, because he will not tolerate you with a hair out of place.

If he is politically left, his car will be simple reliable transportation---his car will be a useful tool, not a fun toy. It will probably be a Japanese import, and probably bought second-hand. If he is politically right, he will drive an American make, and it will be important for him to have a new one frequently.

Machismo can easily be detected in his vehicle. If he has a pickup truck and has never had anything in the bed except a bag of groceries, he's macho.

If he drives a sporty model, the dealers see him coming, and know there is one born every minute. If you marry him, feel free to waste all the money you want on frivolous purchases, he'll see nothing wrong with that.

If his car is not in good repair, but runs, he has a "good enough" attitude and takes life as it is handed out. This can be a good thing, because he will also not be demanding of his wife and will not expect perfection from her, and overlook her weaknesses if everything else is going OK. And not be in a hurry to trade her in on a better model.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:06 AM

3,428 posts, read 6,284,706 times
Financial status has nothing to do with the car you drive. Read The Millionaire Next Door and you will find out that that most millionaires drive F-150's. Most people that need to have cars like BMW's, Porsches, Lamborghinis are either extremely narcissistic or have an incredible inferiority complex. Most normal people drive normal cars

Old 04-14-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Financial status has nothing to do with the car you drive. Read The Millionaire Next Door and you will find out that that most millionaires drive F-150's. Most people that need to have cars like BMW's, Porsches, Lamborghinis are either extremely narcissistic or have an incredible inferiority complex. Most normal people drive normal cars
Yep. My former next-door neighbor, a really nice guy who had always struggled, managed to score a large project for his contracting firm. The first thing Willie did after getting his first installment check was to buy a Mercedes for his wife and a Porsche for himself. Meanwhile, we drove a ten-year-old Mazda and an 11-year-old Infiniti. For we drive cars until the wheels fall off, or until the monthly maintenance is higher than a new car payment.

Willie was having a beer with me after zipping me around in the new Porsche and asked me what I thought of it. I liked it fine, I replied. He then asked, well, when are you getting rid of that Mazda? To which I replied, I'd just rather salt my money away.

Two years later, Willie's business went south, and both cars were repossessed. It was really sickening to watch that Mercedes get towed away on a Sunday night, tailpipe dragging on the street. They left town a month later.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:18 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,427,634 times
I agree with Jtur88 and Repubocrat. If I see someone with a flashy expensive car then it shows me that they are not practical and therefore are not for me.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 AM

77,700 posts, read 59,834,099 times
*ahem* to the previous posters....I have a sensible car (Toyota Highlander) and a fun car (Z06 Corvette 2007) that I bought SOLELY for myself as a treat and not to impress anyone. Growing up somewhat nerdy I developed a thick skin and a healthy Fudge-you attitude towards people that seem not to like my choices, I do what I want.

Other than that one purchase...I'm very financially conservative, sometimes life is just too short. (Jtur, I got mine as a left-over model year and paid not a whole lot more than what used ones were going for...and I didn't finance it. meh.)

As for weenie size, sexual performance blah blah blah...I can only laugh.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
*ahem* to the previous posters....I have a sensible car (Toyota Highlander) and a fun car (Z06 Corvette 2007) that I bought SOLELY for myself as a treat and not to impress anyone. Growing up somewhat nerdy I developed a thick skin and a healthy Fudge-you attitude towards people that seem not to like my choices, I do what I want.

Other than that one purchase...I'm very financially conservative, sometimes life is just too short. (Jtur, I got mine as a left-over model year and paid not a whole lot more than what used ones were going for...and I didn't finance it. meh.)

As for weenie size, sexual performance blah blah blah...I can only laugh.
You mean you laugh at your sexual performance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships