Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 12:15 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCherry View Post
He told me that my profile had caught his eye and to go look at his profile and drop a line if I was interested. And he told me to take care.

It was actually a very nice message LOL. But he's older than my dad!!!!! Ah, that creeps me out a little!!

There's some hot 30 year olds on there... Maybe I should drop one of them a line lol.
See, I just can't get into the old guy thing. I just would be repulsed at being with someone so much older than me...money or no money. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 12:27 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
See, I just can't get into the old guy thing. I just would be repulsed at being with someone so much older than me...money or no money. Ugh.
I met a man about 3 years ago who was one of the sexiest men I have ever met. He was in his 50's. That's not "old". Still he looked older, but he dressed well, worked out all the time, has 3 bikes and rides often, travels a lot, and smelled sooooooo good. *drool*.

I also met a man who said he was in his late 50's but was actually 71.
Same thing, very well dressed, well groomed, well mannered and sexier than the dickens. I have to admit that once he told me his actual age, I was a little taken put off. It didn't go very far, maybe two or 3 dates and it kind of lost its luster.

I actually prefer them older. Someone my age would likely be too young for me at 39.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
What is messed up is that it says half the guys are married.If you want to mess around like that fine,but do it as a single guy.Although some of the wives are probably doing the pool guy anyway,marriage of convienance not love.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
considering I prefer successful men. .
I take this as code of "I prefere rich men who will pamper me"

Not passing judgement we all have our terms of need.Just a question though.If society fell apart tommorrow where there was no more financial world where money was only useful for fire material,what kind of man would you go for then?

The question is for twinkle toes and applecherry also.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I take this as code of "I prefere rich men who will pamper me"
You're not the first and you won't be the last, I'm sure. I prefer successful men because the have their act together for the most part. They have a lot to protect so they will likely make better decisions over all. I've already done the "I'm with him for LOVE." charity gig. I'll pass. And I can pamper myself.

Quote:
Not passing judgement we all have our terms of need.
I don't need it. I want it.

Quote:
Just a question though.If society fell apart tommorrow where there was no more financial world where money was only useful for fire material,what kind of man would you go for then?
I fully expect the man I am with to be able to gather firewood and fish for dinner. I do it for fun.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
You're not the first and you won't be the last, I'm sure. I prefer successful men because the have their act together for the most part. They have a lot to protect so they will likely make better decisions over all. I've already done the "I'm with him for LOVE." charity gig. I'll pass. And I can pamper myself.

I don't need it. I want it.

I fully expect the man I am with to be able to gather firewood and fish for dinner. I do it for fun.

If they have alot to protect then may I ask would you sign a prenup?

Old 04-16-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
If they have alot to protect then may I ask would you sign a prenup?
I'd sign a pre-nup, sure. But not one that didn't protect me as well. I can guarantee I'm not going to be one of those women who walks away with just the clothes on my back.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I'd sign a pre-nup, sure. But not one that didn't protect me as well. I can guarantee I'm not going to be one of those women who walks away with just the clothes on my back.
But you wouldn't walk away with just that,after all you say you can pamper yourself and gather wood and fish for yourself so obviously you would not go without.However a successful man with alot to loose would have a prenup stating what was his before marriage remains his and what was yours is yours.

In other words just throwing out numbers he was a multi millionaire before you married him,you had 100k going into the marriage,it stays that way after divorce,

Is that a adequate prenup?

Old 04-16-2009, 04:14 PM

49 posts, read 200,348 times
Amazing read- I love modern-day anthropological stuff like this. Thanks for the link.

For the Lola and B.K. story, I didn't know whether to feel sorry for both of them, or punch them both in the face. I felt really bad for Lola's boyfriend above all.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
But you wouldn't walk away with just that,after all you say you can pamper yourself and gather wood and fish for yourself so obviously you would not go without.However a successful man with alot to loose would have a prenup stating what was his before marriage remains his and what was yours is yours.

In other words just throwing out numbers he was a multi millionaire before you married him,you had 100k going into the marriage,it stays that way after divorce,

Is that a adequate prenup?
I can pamper myself, yes, I work and can support myself. I am not a gold-digger and I know there are women who marry for money. I'm not one of them. I have already had it and walked away because it isn't (and never will be) enough to make me settle.

So, am I going to take half of his lifetime earnings? No. But I don't subscribe to the notion that I leave with what I came in with. I was his wife for however long, whatever we accumulate while we are together is ours. It is not just "ours" until something goes wrong then it's all his. I'm not borrowing from my own husband. I am not the only one gaining from the marriage, he has a lot to gain as well. It may not be money, but is that the bottom line? I can find someone to wine and dine me and lavish me with gifts and not have to be accountable to him every day.

I wouldn't go into a marriage preparing for a divorce. But I am understanding enough to know the risks that come with fortune. So I would sign a pre-nup, that protected us both. But I wouldn't marry a man who told me that I'd have to leave with what I came with. That is NOT a man, to me.

Last edited by PassTheChocolate; 04-16-2009 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships