Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:25 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times

Advertisements

In every relationship one person cares more than the other. If you find yourself the person who cares more, you just have to be very careful not be used or taken for granted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,719,775 times
If I was older then I could see myself settling like that. Especially if it meant that I'd be well taken care of and loved. I'm not really much of a lover, so I might not miss the passion too much, but I might feel guilty. So long as we're both happy for the most part.

I think I'd rather spend the rest of my life with someone I loved though. I hope I can be so lucky to have my cake and eat it too.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:53 PM

390 posts, read 904,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
In every relationship one person cares more than the other. If you find yourself the person who cares more, you just have to be very careful not be used or taken for granted.
Yes, exactly. Good thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:30 AM

9 posts, read 14,186 times
My husband is the one who loves more.

He is wonderful, caring, supportive and intelligent. I am the love of his life, but for me he's not "the one".
We have a great marriage, a great life and family.

It works for us for now, but I do long for something more sometimes.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:32 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
if one loves more than the other, the lesser begins
to act like a drug pusher dealing with an addict
very soon
btw guys makes superb addicts

Old 04-16-2009, 08:41 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,743 times
Well, it's been the case with my so , I've been w her for 17 years, but now I'm fed up, I miss the passion. When I told her I wanted to split, you know what her reaction was ? "oh my my you must be ill, take a rest, don't talk nonsense, you know you can't leave me". I could have been playin' fiddle...that's what I call passive resistance. Anyway, would I have the heart to throw them out, without a job, without a home, at 60 ? of course not.
I'm damned.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:05 PM

50 posts, read 134,150 times
I loved more and am so unhappy. My husband is a decent man but incapable of any closeness or affection. I was dumb and young when we married and thought if I loved him enough he would change.
Biggest mistake of my life.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:14 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
It could possibly grow on you.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:18 PM

50 posts, read 134,150 times
You are not damned. One thing I have learned is that each and everyone of us is responisble for OUR own happiness. Life is so horribly short. If you want to leave do so. Be kind, be fair but stick to your guns. She is a grown woman and will have to learn to take care of herself. I am sure you have some monies and stocks or a home that will be divided and she will have to get a job and make do. But at 60 you are a young man and you need to find happiness as I do. It's scary and yes you may lose some friends, but they are not living your life. When the doors close to your home and it's just the two of you for company and you are unhappy well it's time to move on. Hell 60 is the new 40. Best of luck to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Well, it's been the case with my so , I've been w her for 17 years, but now I'm fed up, I miss the passion. When I told her I wanted to split, you know what her reaction was ? "oh my my you must be ill, take a rest, don't talk nonsense, you know you can't leave me". I could have been playin' fiddle...that's what I call passive resistance. Anyway, would I have the heart to throw them out, without a job, without a home, at 60 ? of course not.
I'm damned.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:22 PM

141 posts, read 284,844 times
Depends on how much the person loves me more than I love him. If it's just a tiny bit, that's fine. But if it's a lot, hell, no!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships