Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 01:45 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Resdisca if you stay a friend to the person then you are one special person because I have NEVER met anybody that does that.

Every guy I have known is have some sex, cut all ties, and then run and avoid like the black plague.
I've met plenty of people who do that. Just out of curiosity, where do you live -- medieval Spain? Of course, I always had a knack for filtering out guys who had been brainwashed by the patriarchy. They are good neither for boyfriends, nor for FWB's, nor even for friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 01:48 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
LOL yes I live in medieval Spain and I'm stepping back into my time machine as I type this message.

Are you being 'for real' when you say "They are good neither for boyfriends, nor for FWB's, nor even for friends."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
I've met plenty of people who do that. Just out of curiosity, where do you live -- medieval Spain? Of course, I always had a knack for filtering out guys who had been brainwashed by the patriarchy. They are good neither for boyfriends, nor for FWB's, nor even for friends.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Are you being 'for real' when you say "They are good neither for boyfriends, nor for FWB's, nor even for friends."
Yes, patriarchal men (and women) have lots of major issues that I never wanted to deal with. That was inarticulately phrased, though. I never wanted anything to do with men like that on any level, that's what I meant.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:10 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Ugh I've had similar experiences to FWB and they were all bad and very hurtful experiences.

I still think it's a stupid and greedy thing to do.
That sucks, Artsy. But would you think that way if your experiences were good?

Quote:
I'm starting to have some understanding because you and some of the other posters might have a very high sex drive.
People with high sex drives get married, they date and they have FWB's. Those who are open to FWB relationships are not necessarily sex addicts humping on every person they see.

Quote:
Be a real man and date. Get into a real relationship is what I say.
Then you'd be griping that he/she played you when they bailed because they weren't looking for a committed relationship to begin with. What do those people do? Sit home and do nothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
How fulfilling can being nothing more a human sex toy be? To have no value to a person except as an instrument for sexual gratification. When you think about FWB is just another form of prostitution.
Where is it written that people are being used and have no value?

I loved the two men I had these relationships with and still do, just not in the way that would fuel a committed relationship. No one felt used or cheap. There was enough attraction, comfort and maturity there for it to work. There are people in conventional relationships that dream of having that.

Quote:
Maybe somebody feels guilt after they have casual sex because they now feel cheap, exposed, and trashy?
Maybe they've been sucked in by the rantings of a closed minded, puritanical (and hypocritical) society.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:13 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
GREAT POSTS REDISCA. Out of reps.
Ditto. All out here too....lol.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:17 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
Friends with benefits over, what now

Get over it.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:51 PM

Patriarchal means the male is head of the family what the heck does that have to do with men that want sex and then cut the ties and avoid like plague? hello. Patriarchal is the wrong word here.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Yes, patriarchal men (and women) have lots of major issues that I never wanted to deal with. That was inarticulately phrased, though. I never wanted anything to do with men like that on any level, that's what I meant.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:53 PM

I doubt that. Some people have internal values and 'moral compasses'.

I have had a good sexual experience and he promised to stay friends with me. He didn't, he chose to avoid me like the plague, and boy was I pist off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
T

Maybe they've been sucked in by the rantings of a closed minded, puritanical (and hypocritical) society.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Patriarchal means the male is head of the family what the heck does that have to do with men that want sex and then cut the ties and avoid like plague? hello.
I'm sure you know patriarchy entails more than that -- namely, the sexual objectification, subjugation, and shaming of women. That's why in a traditional patriarchal culture, young men are encourage to seduce women and then shame them for having been seduced.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I doubt that. Some people have internal values and 'moral compasses'.
Really? So shame over sex is biological, then? Hmm. Any objective scientific evidence to back that up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships