Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Am I worth Dating?
Women - yes, you're worth dating! 8 19.51%
Women - you're only a "possibility!" 3 7.32%
Women - forget it! You're a loser homeboy! 17 41.46%
Guys - You gotta beleive in yourself and YES! 4 9.76%
Guys - You're a loser homeboy! 4 9.76%
Guys - Women won't like you because you dress up in St John! 4 9.76%
Both - I'm uncertain about my vote! 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:03 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,740,681 times

Advertisements

I'm feeling low confidence because I'm 35 weeks unemployed and living at home with mom rent free and my only income is unemployment extension benefits. But I believe in myself for having a great college degree [BSME] from the 6th best college in the nation for Mechanical Engineering at the Univ of IL at Urbana - Champaign! And my last job working at NASA looks good on my resume but maybe my felony is killing my job chances?

So what do you ladies think? Am I worth dating on the prospect I might have a good future job or am I worthless / not worth dating?

Well, for a guy... a guy always has to believe in himself or else all is lost! Even a loser can score Britney Spears!

Just put aside the fact that I look great in St John for awhile!

Vote on the Poll People! And post some comments too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 09:24 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I'm feeling low confidence because I'm 35 weeks unemployed and living at home with mom rent free and my only income is unemployment extension benefits. But I believe in myself for having a great college degree [BSME] from the 6th best college in the nation for Mechanical Engineering at the Univ of IL at Urbana - Champaign! And my last job working at NASA looks good on my resume but maybe my felony is killing my job chances?

So what do you ladies think? Am I worth dating on the prospect I might have a good future job or am I worthless / not worth dating?

Well, for a guy... a guy always has to believe in himself or else all is lost! Even a loser can score Britney Spears!

Just put aside the fact that I look great in St John for awhile!

Vote on the Poll People! And post some comments too!
I think the first questions would be what was the felony and what is St John?

Old 04-16-2009, 09:26 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
The only reason I say possibility is because I don't know what the felony is. Hopefully, if enough time has gone by, you can get your record expunged so you can take advantage of your degree. Unfortunately, in this economy, beggars can't be choosers. Take the first job you can that will bring in an income until you can find the job you want. It won't be easy, but it's too easy to get down on yourself sitting home all day.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:28 PM

My worst employer - Synchro Start - spied on me after work and generally made me feel I was being spied on and harassed everywhere... So I punched a guy at McDonald's thinking he was a spy / harasser and he turned out to be an innocent Sr Citizen and they gave me a felony for that!

St John is high end style clothes that hot chicks wear! St. John

Old 04-16-2009, 09:31 PM

You punched a guy, an old man, for thinking he was a spy? Sorry guy, that reeks of potential abuser material. I change my vote to un-datable.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:34 PM

720 posts, read 1,407,778 times
LOL I have no comment on this post!!!! At least this poster made me laugh.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
You punched a guy, an old man, for thinking he was a spy? Sorry guy, that reeks of potential abuser material. I change my vote to un-datable.
I didn't see an old man and premeditate punching him. It was just a refles action of turning around in such anger and extreme frustration for being harrassed by my last employer... Like they made fun of me in front of the whole company during their Xmas party and photoshopped some fake pics to make / accuse me of being a hooker to destroy my reputation. Then my German Boss calls me stupid in front of everyone. - So yeah, after all that I was a "generally angry young man!" Especially for being framed as a hooker which I am not! And I am being destroyed by this frameup...

Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
I think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
My question would be, who are we talking about? Would you like to date guys, or girls?

Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 PM

I can understand your frustration with your company and if they did what you said, then you have legal action against them, but I fail to understand how that can justify punching an old man in McDonald's. What did he do to warrant such a reaction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships