Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,006,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneee View Post
Half the medical professionals I've been to have asked, "Is there anything else I can do for you?" before leaving the room. I don't think that's any indication that they have the hots for me! I think they just had the same teacher for Bedside Manner 101.
I would totally agree if this is what he always said, starting way back when. But he never did -- it's brand new, and he said it after we were talking and laughing, like he was looking for some reason to stay in the room. It wasn't an offhand, out the door thing.

LOL, I've been analyzing everything to death lately and I've tried to dismiss it all. But I really can't, even objectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
Wow, good for you. There is a propriety concern for him more than you since this is his job, his professional reputation we're talking about. But I just think from what you say you are both grown ups with no ugly agenda. The fact that he grew on you is a good sign. To me it means that it's not just a physical attraction, and the fact that you didn't notice his interest at first could mean that his interest grew over time, which is good for the same reason. There's nothing wrong with a strong physical pull, but even for some of us guys, a strong emotional, intellectual pull makes it better. I just think you have to put yourself in the right situation with this guy. His actions don't ring of the overly timid. You give him the right opportunity he will act on it. Even in 2009, I think it's more natural for the man to do the asking, the woman the luring.
Yep, we're both grownups and there's no agenda I can think of. He did just grow on me, under the radar, and I was surprised when I recognized it. The draw is that he's just so NORMAL and REAL, if that makes any sense. It's refreshing and makes me want to learn more. And it's flattering to see his eyes light up when he looks at me.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:19 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,362,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Yep, we're both grownups and there's no agenda I can think of. He did just grow on me, under the radar, and I was surprised when I recognized it. The draw is that he's just so NORMAL and REAL, if that makes any sense. It's refreshing and makes me want to learn more. And it's flattering to see his eyes light up when he looks at me.
Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean by normal and real being almost a rarity these days. His eyes light up when he sees you?! That is so great, he seems like a genuine guy who sees no reason to hide his feelings. You sound excited and I'm happy for you. I mean, for all the people that are telling you to beware, I see their point. But look at it from this guy's perspective. You've been going into his office for quite some time. You are growing on him. He's in a tough spot because he's really drawn to you, but doesn't know how to take it out of the office and up to the next level of intimacy. What's he to do? If he asks you out right in the office he could lose his job. If he follows you out to the car, he could really spook you and it could be worse. It's not like he just spotted you in a bar and fell in love at first sight. You two know each other to an extent already, but you are growing on him and him on you.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean by normal and real being almost a rarity these days. His eyes light up when he sees you?! That is so great, he seems like a genuine guy who sees no reason to hide his feelings. You sound excited and I'm happy for you. I mean, for all the people that are telling you to beware, I see their point. But look at it from this guy's perspective. You've been going into his office for quite some time. You are growing on him. He's in a tough spot because he's really drawn to you, but doesn't know how to take it out of the office and up to the next level of intimacy. What's he to do? If he asks you out right in the office he could lose his job. If he follows you out to the car, he could really spook you and it could be worse. It's not like he just spotted you in a bar and fell in love at first sight. You two know each other to an extent already, but you are growing on him and him on you.
Yeah, it's a tough spot and I've wanted to be sure there truly was something there before I overtly respond. I'm just hoping I haven't waited too long and he's tired of sending signals. It's difficult because I usually don't see him more than once a month! I really don't want to scope him out, find out where he hangs out and show up, that sort of thing. That's just not me and seems aggressive.

As for the warnings, yeah, I expected I'd get some but decided to post anyway. I've spent the last month considering everything and weighing all of the options. I'm at the point now where I just need to know definitively if there's any interest. Not knowing -- and possibly passing by something potentially wonderful -- is worse than anything else could be, IMO. I am very sensitive to his situation and would never put that at any sort of risk.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:13 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,850,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I would totally agree if this is what he always said, starting way back when. But he never did -- it's brand new, and he said it after we were talking and laughing, like he was looking for some reason to stay in the room. It wasn't an offhand, out the door thing.

LOL, I've been analyzing everything to death lately and I've tried to dismiss it all. But I really can't, even objectively.
many businesses and even medical offices are trying to beef up thier service now a days. So they "anything else" question might be a new normal for the office. or could be that he was talk to about not being helpful with other patients.

Just as much as you want there to be something in his actions you should side on caution. Lets face it any man who will flirt with a patient while on duty/working really doesn't seem like a great guy. If anything ever did become of it what would stop him from "flirting" with next pretty little patient. Look at the actions and location and not the rush of emotions. Sure its fun and flattering but is it really logical to put the 'moves' on a patient?

if you are thinking it over quite a bit then it is for a reason. you know it isn't right even though it was quite fun. If it was 'right' you would know it right away and so would he. Leave it at fun. Don't push it or it will turn out bad.

sometimes that 'feeling' is just that a feeling in the moment... over time it changes and isn't a 'feeling' any longer.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
many businesses and even medical offices are trying to beef up thier service now a days. So they "anything else" question might be a new normal for the office. or could be that he was talk to about not being helpful with other patients.

Just as much as you want there to be something in his actions you should side on caution. Lets face it any man who will flirt with a patient while on duty/working really doesn't seem like a great guy. If anything ever did become of it what would stop him from "flirting" with next pretty little patient. Look at the actions and location and not the rush of emotions. Sure its fun and flattering but is it really logical to put the 'moves' on a patient?

if you are thinking it over quite a bit then it is for a reason. you know it isn't right even though it was quite fun. If it was 'right' you would know it right away and so would he. Leave it at fun. Don't push it or it will turn out bad.

sometimes that 'feeling' is just that a feeling in the moment... over time it changes and isn't a 'feeling' any longer.
Um, no, I'm thinking it over because I basically lack confidence. I haven't dated in quite a while because of health issues.

What "isn't right" about simply asking a man if he'd like to go have a coffee? Methinks you're trying to make some sort of morality play out of something quite innocuous.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:01 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,425,556 times
Default When he says "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Say " Yeah, Do Me!" and see if he blushes or what.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:22 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,242,543 times
Hey Teatime,

Have your exchanges with this guy only been lingering looks and prolonged pulse taking, or do you guys have brief verbal exchanges? Have you had enough conversations to know if there is a common ground or common interests?---becuase it sort of sounds like a teenage type crush. It's easier to make a move if you have a conversation or interests that you'd like to explore. "Gee, I'm really enjoying this talk, interested in what you're saying, find this fascinating" whatever....."maybe we can continue this discussion?" You know?

Old 04-17-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Say " Yeah, Do Me!" and see if he blushes or what.
ROFLMAO! Well, I know I'd be blushing at that, if I could even get the words out!

Old 04-17-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Hey Teatime,

Have your exchanges with this guy only been lingering looks and prolonged pulse taking, or do you guys have brief verbal exchanges? Have you had enough conversations to know if there is a common ground or common interests?---becuase it sort of sounds like a teenage type crush. It's easier to make a move if you have a conversation or interests that you'd like to explore. "Gee, I'm really enjoying this talk, interested in what you're saying, find this fascinating" whatever....."maybe we can continue this discussion?" You know?
We've talked about a ton of things, actually -- music, travel, books, religion, and, yeah, we do have a lot in common. Good thought!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships