Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 10:40 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Are C-D womenfolk locked in a war with the axis of evil on this thread

LaoTzuMindFu - Antlered Chamataka - Gwynedd
No, I think several women agree with some of what you say, including me. I am just not part of the camp that believes fat people all sit around watching soap operas and eating KFC and Twinkies. I think that theory is shallow and stupid.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:51 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No, I think several women agree with some of what you say, including me. I am just not part of the camp that believes fat people all sit around watching soap operas and eating KFC and Twinkies. I think that theory is shallow and stupid.
Well of course they do. We've said it over and over again on many other threads as well. I think Antlered is sipping too much antler water today.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:13 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yeah...and all that belly skin just snapped right back, without a scalpel. Right. I have some land to sell you.
LMAO!

I hate that dreaded belly skin. HATE it I tell ya, but I hate the "simulated" belly button look even more.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:16 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. Some hold e-grudges. You know, they remember a few thread comments from a couple of years ago that they didnt like, so they just think "oh I hate that guy". Its that and sometimes when someone says something that hits so close to home, or its about them, they feel the urge to attack. If you say "Oh, squirrels are so gross, I hate them", the all the squirrels will come out and say "Oh I hate you too, you are just so wrong....".

If someone posted "Oh, I just hate fit guys who look like Alex Rodriguez/Cristinaldo Ronaldo because they are just so in shape and take care of themselves so that they can be happy and healthy and be great examples of how to live healthy happy lives and inspire others and their children along with their beautiful wives who are also quite fit and in shape. I hate those guys". I wont get mad at them, I'l just smile and go on about my day.
OMG, too funny. But....

I did not write my post out of hate so I regret that is how it may have been perceived, if my post is being referred to here. I may not even be on the radar of the axis of evil for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Repair your logic, and I shall unscramble.

And stop this crap
Clearly you have no clue about what we're talking about.

Its rhetorical claptrap.
Sir, I too have a problem with this statement which shows disrespect. If a person doesn't respect me, I give them what they want, no contact with me.

I quoted your post because I do support your desire to not acquaint yourself with those that you do not desire. However, that does not mean that you can remain completely isolated from their actions. I believe you have taken steps in order to surround yourself with people you respect. You are not an idle man who lets things happen to him.

The issue I had with that post was that it seemed to lack compassion.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Yeh it is shallow and stupid because you can gain weight overeating for your activity level on any type of food.

It really seems to me people give up on educating themselves and assume a lot and just go with that instead of continuing efforts to find a working solution.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:12 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post

Sir, I too have a problem with this statement which shows disrespect. If a person doesn't respect me, I give them what they want, no contact with me.

I quoted your post because I do support your desire to not acquaint yourself with those that you do not desire. However, that does not mean that you can remain completely isolated from their actions. I believe you have taken steps in order to surround yourself with people you respect. You are not an idle man who lets things happen to him.

The issue I had with that post was that it seemed to lack compassion.
Greetings crisan,

Compassion is often a matter of taste. Some think its grown too high , too low, or on the wrong side of the mountain that makes it too raisiny . My response is over the lack of compassion for the other person in this mess.
Is it too much to ask that one can have a least the shadow of what they regard as beauty when it is within the power of their mate just as it was? That too carries weight

Old 04-20-2011, 12:19 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,383 times
I gained 20 pounds when my GF had our first children. I can tell she's not happy about my weight and I don't even have a belly! I'm 6'1 and 185 pounds...that's not overweight but I'm not ripped as I used to be.

I'm struggling to keep my weight down but I have less and less time to work out. My friends think she's exaggarating and you know what, they are wrong. She has every right to expect me to remain fit. She came back to her normal weight very quick, why can't I? Truth is...I have no excuse. Sure I have less time, but I could find it if I really tried.

Good news is that I started losing the extra weight lately. I kinda wish she would be more encourage me a little, but I don't blame her. I have high expectations as well and I failed to meet them.

Fat acceptance is BS. There is no reason to have extra weight with all the knowledge we have access to.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:21 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
I guess, as with all things, it comes down to the fact that different things are important to different people. Some people would leave their spouse if they gained weight, some people wouldn't. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:31 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I guess, as with all things, it comes down to the fact that different things are important to different people. Some people would leave their spouse if they gained weight, some people wouldn't. Different strokes for different folks.
I won't

But there's no way my wife's gonna get fat in the future. Given the gym rat I am, I'll work her out and keep the poundage away LMAO

It's all about how one half of the marriage can inspire the other half into making the marriage a great and lasting one.

All these fat wives - I wonder if their husbands ever help them with the problem. I have heard many marriages going down the drain and it wasn't like the husband or the wife was any fit or was healthy...... it's just that one of them, most likely the wife, got so fat that the husband (though he himself is not in great shape and is a chunky monkey himself) suddenly finds her unattractive. And vice versa.

If the husband or the wife is investing time in an activity, then it's natural for the other one to follow suit. Inspire each other and keep the flab away.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:35 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:

Hi JustJulia,

I have been around too many fat people to know that statement is blatantly false. I already mentioned the family picnic. Were I to eat as they, I would be 50lbs over. I am not in Ted Kaczynski's shack using satellite. I see it.

Fat is caused by eating too much of the wrong stuff and not getting enough exercise, yet in the fat acceptance movement, its anything but that.

Look at the absurdity to which it has descended. A woman who is fat is presumed to have hormonal imbalances from the savage beatings and humiliation of a man who must ultimately be to blame. What's the reason for the fat men I see on a Harley?

McDonald's is now hiring explosively, and you think no one is eating it?

As I have expressed, fewer and fewer even know what "normal" is anymore. You moved my epic "my way home", which was inspired yesterday. She was in an SUV smoking, and no doubt complaining about gas prices while I ride something or walk to the train. Whatcha think it is that makes her fat? Perhaps she just thinks I am poor, without a car, and starving. "May I bum a cig, Ma'am?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships