Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 12:42 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi JustJulia,

I have been around too many fat people to know that statement is blatantly false. I already mentioned the family picnic. Were I to eat as they, I would be 50lbs over. I am not in Ted Kaczynski's shack using satellite. I see it.

Fat is caused by eating too much of the wrong stuff and not getting enough exercise, yet in the fat acceptance movement, its anything but that.

Look at the absurdity to which it has descended. A woman who is fat is presumed to have hormonal imbalances from the savage beatings and humiliation of a man who must ultimately be to blame. What's the reason for the fat men I see on a Harley?

McDonald's is now hiring explosively, and you think no one is eating it?

As I have expressed, fewer and fewer even know what "normal" is anymore. You moved my epic "my way home", which was inspired yesterday. She was in an SUV smoking, and no doubt complaining about gas prices while I ride something or walk to the train. Whatcha think it is that makes her fat? Perhaps she just thinks I am poor, without a car, and starving. "May I bum a cig, Ma'am?"
LMAO hahaha, that's hilarious.

Wonder if it was in the South. In my time in the Carolinas, I was invited to several households and I noticed the women ate more and the men drank all the beer. It was ridiculous amount of food

Old 04-20-2011, 12:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I won't

But there's no way my wife's gonna get fat in the future. Given the gym rat I am, I'll work her out and keep the poundage away LMAO

It's all about how one half of the marriage can inspire the other half into making the marriage a great and lasting one.

All these fat wives - I wonder if their husbands ever help them with the problem. I have heard many marriages going down the drain and it wasn't like the husband or the wife was any fit or was healthy...... it's just that one of them, most likely the wife, got so fat that the husband (though he himself is not in great shape and is a chunky monkey himself) suddenly finds her unattractive. And vice versa.

If the husband or the wife is investing time in an activity, then it's natural for the other one to follow suit. Inspire each other and keep the flab away.
I won't leave my hubby either - and I know he won't leave me. But I'm understanding that not all people feel this way. I can't imagine ever being fat - but my weight does fluctuate a lot. I'm completely neurotic about my weight - but not because of my husband, because of my own distorted self image. My husband is heavier than when we started dating - but he's not fat either. I can't imagine either one of us ever being obese - but if that happens, we'll deal with it. For better or for worse, we love each other. Nobody makes me laugh like he does! But like I said, it seems that we all have our own opinions on this. To each their own!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
LMAO hahaha, that's hilarious.

Wonder if it was in the South. In my time in the Carolinas, I was invited to several households and I noticed the women ate more and the men drank all the beer. It was ridiculous amount of food
And heavy foods - biscuits, fried chicken, etc! It's too much for me. Eating too many fried foods makes me sick to my stomach! My hubby is from the south - and everytime we go down there, I gain a couple pounds! Funny though - all of his friends' wives are average to thin. Go figure!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:54 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,705 times
Quote:
Greetings crisan,

Compassion is often a matter of taste. Some think its grown too high , too low, or on the wrong side of the mountain that makes it too raisiny . My response is over the lack of compassion for the other person in this mess.
Is it too much to ask that one can have a least the shadow of what they regard as beauty when it is within the power of their mate just as it was? That too carries weight
No, to your question. However, when I read threads on how to get a girlfriend/boyfriend the one thing that I see over and over, other than money, is to get in shape. Why a person is not in shape to begin with is rarely the topic of discussion. It is simply a means to "get" somebody, never a lifestyle choice. It is the lifestyle that should be the means to "get" somebody because a lifestyle is something that people buy into. I know that I am leaving out medical, psychological issues and changes in the family.

When I speak of compassion, it has nothing to do with making another person's problem your own. That is what I think you refer to. The skinny spouse is in a mess because the fat spouse is no longer desirable. The fat spouse should make changes out of respect to the lifestyle that brought the two together, not out of compassion. However, the skinny spouse should make changes out of respect to changes that family can bring.

When I have compassion, it means that I realize that in order to do better and to know better, somebody who knew better had to guide me there. I do not repay that person's time, knowledge, and patience by showing other people out the door. I do that when they disrespect me and gaining a little weight is not disrespect.

Last edited by crisan; 04-20-2011 at 02:03 PM..

Old 04-20-2011, 12:55 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
Quote:
Hi JustJulia,

I have been around too many fat people to know that statement is blatantly false. I already mentioned the family picnic. Were I to eat as they, I would be 50lbs over. I am not in Ted Kaczynski's shack using satellite. I see it.

Fat is caused by eating too much of the wrong stuff and not getting enough exercise, yet in the fat acceptance movement, its anything but that.

Look at the absurdity to which it has descended. A woman who is fat is presumed to have hormonal imbalances from the savage beatings and humiliation of a man who must ultimately be to blame. What's the reason for the fat men I see on a Harley?

McDonald's is now hiring explosively, and you think no one is eating it?

As I have expressed, fewer and fewer even know what "normal" is anymore. You moved my epic "my way home", which was inspired yesterday. She was in an SUV smoking, and no doubt complaining about gas prices while I ride something or walk to the train. Whatcha think it is that makes her fat? Perhaps she just thinks I am poor, without a car, and starving. "May I bum a cig, Ma'am?"
Hi Gwynedd,

Denying the fat epidemic would be silly, so of course I am not saying that no one eats McDonald's. I believe that many people have lives that are too busy. They are stressed and take on too many things. I posted earlier that a parent might have to make a choice between gym and a kid's homework. Someone suggested, "Take turns passing the kid between spouses." With the growing number of single-parent households, that's not always feasible. Or a more realistic choice could be to help Kid A with homework for an hour; drive Kid B to karate, wait 40 minutes, then drive Kid B home; or go to the gym. That person's spouse might have similar choices: prepare dinner in one hour while doing laundry and talking to someone on the phone; go to the grocery store because there's no oatmeal and the kids will start eating Lucky Charms for breakfast; or go to the gym.

We are too busy, but I'm sure a person who forages for roots and ferns knows that.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:29 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I believe that many people have lives that are too busy. They are stressed and take on too many things
Sure, that can be a reason but also not putting some effort can be another reason as well. When there’s a will, there is a way.

Quote:
I posted earlier that a parent might have to make a choice between gym and a kid's homework. Someone suggested, "Take turns passing the kid between spouses."
I was referring to couples that live together. As I see with relatives, friends, etc. Where one likes to go early in the morning to the gym and comes back to get ready for work. At night, his wife goes to the gym while he sits down with the children. Sometimes they would alternate those schedules and so on. Both are in their upper 30s – early 40s and are in top shape. You also open their fridge and see they also put some effort to their diets.

Quote:
With the growing number of single-parent households, that's not always feasible. Or a more realistic choice could be to help Kid A with homework for an hour; drive Kid B to karate, wait 40 minutes, then drive Kid B home; or go to the gym
Aren’t there childcare services in most gyms in the USA? Where they have a room for children, kids, etc. to sit down and watch TV, do their homework, or even work out.

Quote:
That person's spouse might have similar choices: prepare dinner in one hour while doing laundry and talking to someone on the phone; go to the grocery store because there's no oatmeal and the kids will start eating Lucky Charms for breakfast; or go to the gym
Going back to my relative’s example. The dinner is prepared while the kids are at school. Laundry is done once or twice a week at the most. Grocery shopping is done once a week. So if laundry and grocery shopping is done, say, on a Monday. It won’t be done until the end of the week. It’s unrealistic to say laundry is done every single day as well as grocery shopping. Really, it’s not that big of a deal as many make it seem. So anyways, if that is done on a Monday, guess what, there will be more free time available from Tuesday all the way to the end of the week.

When someone really wants to do something, they will find a way.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:40 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Hi Gwynedd,

Denying the fat epidemic would be silly, so of course I am not saying that no one eats McDonald's. I believe that many people have lives that are too busy. They are stressed and take on too many things. I posted earlier that a parent might have to make a choice between gym and a kid's homework. Someone suggested, "Take turns passing the kid between spouses." With the growing number of single-parent households, that's not always feasible. Or a more realistic choice could be to help Kid A with homework for an hour; drive Kid B to karate, wait 40 minutes, then drive Kid B home; or go to the gym. That person's spouse might have similar choices: prepare dinner in one hour while doing laundry and talking to someone on the phone; go to the grocery store because there's no oatmeal and the kids will start eating Lucky Charms for breakfast; or go to the gym.

We are too busy, but I'm sure a person who forages for roots and ferns knows that.
My GF works in fitness and since all her employees do, I'm surrounded mainly by people who work in that field.

The "I have no time" is the most common excuse they hear. I've used it myself.

Your comment is true if the idea that losing weight is only done through a gym, which is not true.

There are endless ways to increase your physical activity and the gym is just one. I'd go as far as saying that it is the least effective method, especially if you're a woman. It might help you gain some muscle and shed off a few pounds exercising on cardio machines, but most people exit the gym and go on to overeat. Can you explain why I'm working out more at the gym than I used to but I'm still fatter?

The answer lies at the end of my ustensils. I'm eating more processed food because I got lazy and I don't do various sports as I used to because I simply do not take the time to do them. I could, but I don't.

But even if you are not doing any sport, there is zero excuse to explain why you eat more calories than your body needs.

And nothing excuse people's lack of moving around. Nothing stops them from taking a short walk with the kids after dinner instead of having desert. If your kids can do homework, they should be able to walk at this point. But people prefer to watch TV. I got rid of mine a decade ago and lo and behold, I lost 10 pounds instantly.

What are these 'busy' people doing on weekends? You don't have to go on an expensive skiing trip with the kids to move around. You can just spend a day at the park with a healthy picnic. I am more burned out playing soccer with the neighborhood kids who have endless amounts of energy than I am after a workout at the gym.

You can do a million things that simply make you walk. And chances are that you will take greater care of your kids in the process than just staying indoor and doing whatever keeps you that busy.

People say they can't, but in reality, they just don't want to.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:44 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times
Quote:
I won't

But there's no way my wife's gonna get fat in the future. Given the gym rat I am, I'll work her out and keep the poundage away LMAO

It's all about how one half of the marriage can inspire the other half into making the marriage a great and lasting one.

All these fat wives - I wonder if their husbands ever help them with the problem. I have heard many marriages going down the drain and it wasn't like the husband or the wife was any fit or was healthy...... it's just that one of them, most likely the wife, got so fat that the husband (though he himself is not in great shape and is a chunky monkey himself) suddenly finds her unattractive. And vice versa.

If the husband or the wife is investing time in an activity, then it's natural for the other one to follow suit. Inspire each other and keep the flab away.
AC,

You are right again. The one thing the axis of evil has is an ingredient of savage sweat they cannot resist. It motivates any woman. My wife's friends are all wondering her secrete. I am the sauce they seek.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:49 PM

I think it's easy to look at other people and point out their problems and their shortcomings. It's easy to look at an overweight person and say - you eat too much and don't get enough exercise - fix it! In the same way - it might be easy to look at someone who is unsuccessful in relationships and say - you put too much importance on money - fix it! Or to look at someone who is depressed and say - you need therapy and drugs - fix it! Or to day to an alcoholic - just stop drinking! I don't think things are always as simple as they seem. And I'm certainly not going to tell other people that their problems are all their own fault and easily fixable. I have no idea what it's like to be obese and I have no idea what it's like to try to lose an extreme amount of weight. I don't think I have the right to judge and I certainly don't think that all fat people are lazy and selfish.
Just my opinion.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
AC,

You are right again. The one thing the axis of evil has is an ingredient of savage sweat they cannot resist. It motivates any woman. My wife's friends are all wondering her secrete. I am the sauce they seek.
What exactly does your wife secrete?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships