Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:53 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Ok, let's admit it:

1. Who on here has committed snooping on your current (or then) girlfriend, boyfriend, or spouse?

2. If you have, did you find anything alarming, or was it "fruitless"?
Have not snooped on my current boyfriend. In the past it's always rang true if there's the feeling that there's a need to snoop, there is.

I found what I was looking for and didn't have the brains to kick the x's to the curb. Now, I know better, I kick myself to the curb!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 10:38 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,552 times
With my ex I had no reason to ever snoop because he was an idiot and always let things slip out. I've never snooped on my current SO either. I've never had any reason to either. I trust him completely. The only thing I have any concern about is his ex who keeps texting him and somehow got his new cell number and he claims he doesn't know how (I assume it was through a mutual friend though). He always tells me when she texts him or tries to call him and usually shares with me the content of her texts/voicemails.

I trust my SO. I don't trust his ex. Luckily she lives a few states away.
So no, I've never snooped on him. Out of curiosity though, I once picked up his cell phone when he was asleep and left it in the living room, with the intent on sifting through old texts (to see if he'd gotten anything from the ex that he didn't share). I didn't even get so far as to turn the keypad lock off before I set the phone down again because it seemed so foolish and stupid and I was only going to do it out of boredom anyways. I felt really guilty for doing it too.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:09 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,832 times
I don't snoop. I look. I don't care. I know Im not going to find anything fun.
Perfect line in a HOUSE, MD rerun last night. "I don't care, I just want to know"
Last time I "snooped" was when we suspected our then 16 yr old daughter was doing drugs. We were right...wasn't really snooping since it was my house and I bought everything in her room FWIW she's 6.5 yrs clean.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:31 PM

213 posts, read 416,702 times
I snoop on my spouse all the time. Once I found out he was emailing other chicks online and I got really pissed, but now I'm at the point in my marriage where I wish he would give me a good excuse to leave.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:28 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
I'm not a snooper. I'm unusually private myself, so I try to give my SO the same courtesy that I want for myself.

I have once, in the distant past, investigated a guy I was dating. When we met, he told me he was XX years old. Further down the line (months) he told me he was YY years old. I thought it was strange that a static fact could change or be forgotten, so I hopped on google, did some research, and found he was significantly older than what he told me.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:22 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
Default Snooping on your spouse/ BF/ GF

Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post
of course! catch someone doing wrong.. have them readily admit their wrongdoing and tell you they're ready to be done with it, and the natural assumption is that he's probably lying?

no wonder people can't stay married. it doesnt matter WHAT someone says, once they've screwed up once, they're on death row permanently.

as for the topic, No.. I don't snoop, ever. My exwife used to snoop on my all the time.. I was held accountable for everything from an email she was unfamiliar with, to a celphone number on my WORK phone that she didn't recognize.. If i didn't remember who it was (sorry.. can't say i memorized all the numbers ) the only way to satisfy her was to call it in front of her, and let her hear a male voice on the other end.. god help me if i ever had to do business with a woman.

for tht matter.. if i HAD snooped, maybe i would have discovered her moving on long before she actually told me she was leaving. I still won't snoop.. some things i just don't care to know.
I was in a situation like that with my ex-wife. The reason she was snooping was because she was having an ongoing affair with my brother-in-law. I never snooped on her and found out about the affair because of her guilty feelings, she ended up telling me about it. I wouldn't put up one minute with someone snooping, I would end the relationship with them.

If I were in a situation where I thought I had to snoop, I'd be seeing an attorney, and I wouldn't give it a second though, I'd just do it.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:26 PM

645 posts, read 1,452,045 times
People who snoop around on their s/o are guilty guilty guilty of something.lol

Old 05-10-2010, 07:55 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Ok, let's admit it:

1. Who on here has committed snooping on your current (or then) girlfriend, boyfriend, or spouse?

2. If you have, did you find anything alarming, or was it "fruitless"?
Some men and women wouldn't have to snoop if they hired me. In the years I have been in the business I have seen all kinds of stuff. Some of which is men and women hiding in the basement with a towel wrapped around them or putting on their clothes very quickly when my boots start squeaking the stairs! I have also seen men run out the back door before. Some even hide in a closet or in the garage. Also you go to their house one day and so and so is there. When you go back at a later time their spouse is there. "Rugged, meet my wife or my husband"! Then they give you the evil eye like, "you better shut up"! I hate that part of my job!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:57 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Snooping has a dividing line, its how stalkers started before escalating to total obsession, its mentally unhealthy.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:57 PM

213 posts, read 416,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Some men and women wouldn't have to snoop if they hired me. In the years I have been in the business I have seen all kinds of stuff. Some of which is men and women hiding in the basement with a towel wrapped around them or putting on their clothes very quickly when my boots start squeaking the stairs! I have also seen men run out the back door before. Some even hide in a closet or in the garage. Also you go to their house one day and so and so is there. When you go back at a later time their spouse is there. "Rugged, meet my wife or my husband"! Then they give you the evil eye like, "you better shut up"! I hate that part of my job!
and what exactly do you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships