Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:32 AM

115 posts, read 283,960 times

Advertisements

Ive met quite a few women in my time and I noticed that some of the most gorgeous women by most ppl standards were single. I always would ask why are they single and the usuall reply is they havn't found Mr right. However once I got to know them I noticed they are control freaks with compulsive disorders. or jsut plain old crazy. have any guys had these same experiences?

Old 04-23-2009, 09:34 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Why are so many beautiful women single? Because they're SMART!!!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 09:37 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I agree. Beautiful women don't have to settle for just anything. Better not to marry than to marry wrong.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:40 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Lol, that's what I was going to say...they're smarter than the rest of us...bwahahaha!

Old 04-23-2009, 09:55 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
I think outrageously beautiful women (and men) have lots of options when it comes to mating, marriage, etc. That makes many of them extremely selective .. some neurotically so. I find it kind of sad when I meet a woman who thinks that her looks are going to carry her through life ... because no matter how stunning a woman is, she's not going to be stunning past a certain age. A 25-year-old Hollywood-beautiful girl (with a shallow character and intellect) is in for a big surprise if she thinks the world will always be her oyster... and all she has to do is sit back and count the men who will fish it out of the sea and bring it to her.

I've noticed though that oftentimes beautiful women have beautiful souls too .. and sometimes ugly is to the bone. C'est la vie.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:04 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times
Several years ago I worked at a company where one of the most senior people was in his 70s. A brilliant and kind man who often let me stop by to chat, and who never said no when I needed help regarding work.

He had a photo of a gorgeous blonde getting her hair done. It was his first daughter's wedding day.

I told him, "sir, with all due respect, your daughter is beautiful!" (And I meant it - she was hot)

He told me, "Sprawling, she is a looker, but you'll be surprised. Back in high school she wasn't any uglier, but she couldn't get a boyfriend. No one asked her out. So one day I went up to the boys in the locker room (he was an assistant coach in that high school's varsity football team), and said, 'boys, how come none of you ask her out? Is she ugly or something?'"

He then said, "and those boys all looked at me funny and said, 'coach, it's not that she's ugly. She's just so gorgeous that I don't think she'd even look at me, ya know?'"

Now this is high school. But if even the popular, in-crowd high school football jocks, who by any standard tend to be vascular and manly, were insecure about approaching a nice and pretty girl, it shows that sometimes the prettiest specimens simply go untouched.

I used to be - and sometimes, I confess, still am - this way. It took me an experience with an extremely good-looking female (who had been asked out by a number of guys I'd known) to realize that oftentimes, we men dramatize these women to be superhuman. Granted, I wouldn't ask out a Victoria's Secret model. But this specific girl had a beautiful face and a great body (take my word for it). It just took me some courage to approach her and to treat her like a human being.

After that, I "loosened up" and became more confident with women who were better-looking. Pretty faces? nice figures? long legs? Amazing eyes? You're human. You fart, sweat, stink, smell, and burp like anybody else. Subject to insecurities, fears, pain, hurt, tears, and worries like anybody else. Once a man gets past that and sees a woman as just another human being, just built differently, it gets MUCH easier.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:11 AM

36,524 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Because women are programmed to find a mate and reproduce to keep that mate and apparently women dont work and cant support themselves, so the most beautiful women will only marry rich men and rich men only want hot women but there are only so many rich men to go around, or so I've been told here on CD.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:11 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Because women are programmed to find a mate and reproduce to keep that mate and apparently women dont work and cant support themselves, so the most beautiful women will only marry rich men and rich men only want hot women but there are only so many rich men to go around, or so I've been told here on CD.
I like sarcasm in a woman!

Now let's see a serious answer.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:15 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
Quote:

Kudos to you, my friend!!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:18 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I think outrageously beautiful women (and men) have lots of options when it comes to mating, marriage, etc. That makes many of them extremely selective .. some neurotically so. I find it kind of sad when I meet a woman who thinks that her looks are going to carry her through life ... because no matter how stunning a woman is, she's not going to be stunning past a certain age. A 25-year-old Hollywood-beautiful girl (with a shallow character and intellect) is in for a big surprise if she thinks the world will always be her oyster... and all she has to do is sit back and count the men who will fish it out of the sea and bring it to her.

I've noticed though that oftentimes beautiful women have beautiful souls too .. and sometimes ugly is to the bone. C'est la vie.
Maybe they simply aren't interested in marriage. Maybe they're not relying on their looks to get them through life. There are a lot of people in this world who are just not cut out for marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships