Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 03:07 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times

Advertisements

It is true that girls in their mid 20's have plenty of guys to choose from but guys that age don't have many females that age to choose from because older guys with money came in and plucked a few of them from the nest as soon as they turned 21 or so.

You have to ask yourself where do women go? They're everywhere! I am pursuing a 2nd degree currently and I would be lying if I said that the majority of my dates didn't come from people at college. Others I met while exercising on a nature trail. I strongly encourage you to join a group that specializes something you are interested in. That way you and all the girls in this group will share a similar interest right off the bat (like a museum group for example).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 07:32 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,781,244 times
Get some money or a cool uniform, I got both. Women in their 20's are vain.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:32 PM

5 posts, read 15,037 times
If you're looking for just a date, and someone as a casual hookup, I imagine that's easy, altho that's not my forte, heh. But some practical suggestions:

1. As others mentioned, volunteer someplace. Like Habitat for Humanity, City Harvest, etc. I knew girls who worked at those places.

2. Chat with strangers in bookstores. No seriously, man just do it. Life is short, and then you die. Whatcha got to lose?

3. Join a social sports league. The majority of the ppl in the league I used to play at were girls for some reason...

4. Go to church. Now I can tell you're not religious, but this leads me to my most important point...

Develop a good heart. Yes, that's right. Develop a sense of compassion, kindness, and focus on wholesome acts... people call it 'fake it till you make it', but they got it all wrong. By developing a good heart, you make your life so much easier in attracting the opposite sex. Why? Because when you ask a girl out, you're not thinking about lust, or getting inside her pants.. you're thinking about treating her with love, listening to her, getting to know her inside-out, being there for her, etc....

So think about that for a second. Before you take any of our suggestions on where to meet girls... develop a good inner self first.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
I am the same age and live in a small town where most people get married straight out of high school. The dating scene here is very very drab, and about all you will find in the churches are women who don't believe in secular entertainment like music and movies, and I couldn't live like that. I am wondering the same thing as the OP. Doesnt help that I am very shy. I am not gettig younger and I feel like by 25 you should be starting to settle down a bit.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:01 PM

81 posts, read 194,448 times
focus on developing your interests and social life. Enjoy the single life, and network while you still have the freedom. It goes without saying that along the way you should be attempting to meet women, but don't make this a priority. Its not to say throw in the towel and give up like so many self defetists would tell you to do and wait for "The One" , but rather improve other aspects of your life in the process. When you have your **** together, it will show during your social life.

My friends whom engage in regular healthy social activities for themselves appear to be the ones who have more options with women. My room mate enjoys the out doors, as well as salsa dancing classes. He is naturally outgoing and always engaged in socail circles where he meets women. I play sports and also have a ton of social circles ( but am currently with a gf right now ). On the other hand, one of my friends has let his health degrade, and considers drinking a hobby and he doesn't get any attention from women.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:53 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,895,302 times
honestly, you can mmet women anywhere, from the grocery store to the book store

Old 06-01-2009, 12:43 PM

857 posts, read 1,422,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
Also, for someone who doesn't want the stigma of a "pickup artist douchebag", how do you approach an attractive female when you are out?
the pickup artist douchebag is a myth. All men hit on women, so I guess we are all pickup artists in a way. The difference is what you say after breaking the ice. Look at it this way, do you remember the first thing you said to anyone you eventually dated?? I don't, because it didnt matter. its just something to start a conversation.

Just be yourself, it will connect with someone eventually. But you have to play the odds. Chances that the one girl you eventaully work up the courage to talk to at a bar is a good match, 1:100. Chances that 1 of the 50 women you talk to at random in bars,cafes,bookstores,parks, streets, 50:100.. the more you talk to the better your odds. so get out there, at its worst its good practice

Old 06-10-2009, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 9,319 times
Ok, let's think about this. You're only interested in really masculine pursuits and you don't take care of your looks.EXACTLY WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE TO OFFER A WOMAN???Sorry, but we 20-something gals can get all the sex we want. So you have to offer more than your male genitalia to get us interested. And motorcycles + flab does not equal romance. You just might have to change who you are in order to become attractive to women because your current self sure isn't working. And as a woman, I can tell you that a guy who is interested in improving himself is very, very sexy. Take classes that can expand your horizens and your dating pool. Dance classes are great, there are never enough men in there. Same with cooking and baking classes, or even beer-making classes which is a more manly thing to do. You can meet some really cool people in a bruery class actually.Anyways, moral of the story is: girls require effort.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:03 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznHisoka View Post

2. Chat with strangers in bookstores. No seriously, man just do it. Life is short, and then you die. Whatcha got to lose?
Everything if you're an atheist. Pascal's Wager my friend, Pascal's Wager...

Old 06-10-2009, 08:46 PM

64 posts, read 185,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
You have to ask yourself where do women go? They're everywhere! I am pursuing a 2nd degree currently and I would be lying if I said that the majority of my dates didn't come from people at college. Others I met while exercising on a nature trail. I strongly encourage you to join a group that specializes something you are interested in. That way you and all the girls in this group will share a similar interest right off the bat (like a museum group for example).
Do you go to school full time or part time while working?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships