Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:41 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I can see where it can perceived as selfish. But you really can't make or expect someone to feel something they don't. And if they don't, they really shouldn't be pressured to. The thing to do at that point is address why.
I think the why in question is he/she is exhausted and has to get up early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 02:24 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,962,416 times
If it he wants it, he always gets something. But to him, a backrub or head scratches is just as good, if not better.

He never says no to me, but I can tell when he's not feeling it (headache or tired or whatnot) and I'll refuse. Why would I want to if he's not going to enjoy to his fullest? That's how he feels when I'm not up to it too.

We make sure there is always intimacy, but if one of us isn't feeling up to it, I don't think it's selfish at all to decline.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:26 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Is a person selfish for turning down their SO when advancements are made for sex?
Of course not. But if it happens twice in a row then it becomes selfish.

Also, one shouldnt have to "ask". If you know your SO well, you can get them turned on no matter how they feel. I do it to my wife sometimes but she's usually always ready for sex.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:35 PM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
It depends.

I can't ever recall turning down an SO or vice versa....probably because we'd have to be obviously tired or sick and then the other would be courteous enough not to ask.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:48 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Ok so here comes the age old question of self responsibility. I am more than willing to help my partner through or with anything. I am not a mind reader and will not be able to anticipate her every need.

So your answer is it is the guys fault for not trying to figure out why she doesnt have the desire to romp about.

I am not going to push poke and prod to try and have sex. I will toss out a few signals if they are not picked up oh well. Better luck next time.

If I found my partner wanting something sexual or not, that I was not providing, I think it is on me to do something about it.
The problem as I see it with other couples is that the man wants sex on a regular basis. But the women also want sex, but it's part of the whole romantic love package.

Even in your posts, men are always talking about sex and the lack of it. And your approach is purely sexual also. Like wanting her to initiate the sex by grabbing your junk. I'm just suggesting that if you approach your woman more affectionately with some hugging and playful romantic flirting as a prelude to making love, you'd get better results.

It's really a turnoff to a s/o when a man is indicating that he's interested in sex and needs help with fulfilling his needs. Just saying that you are wanting sex is not really appealing. Then we feel like just a handy orifice. But if you tell your partner that she is beautiful and that she turns you on, that's a much better approach.

But if she is actually very tired and stressed from a long day of work, then it's the man that's being selfish by adding his physical needs to her lost list of daily chores and activities.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:50 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

But if she is actually very tired and stressed from a long day of work, then it's the man that's being selfish by adding his physical needs to her lost list of daily chores and activities.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:55 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
If the woman thinks of sex as a "CHORE" then that is another turnoff. Also a sign to start looking for a new girlfriend/SO.

I dont care how physically, emotionally, mentally tired I am, I will never ever ever look at sex as being a "chore".

Old 04-24-2009, 02:57 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Well if it is being selfish, then the partner wanting the sex is also being selfish for not finding out why their partner is too tired to have sex. Men are problem solvers, and they should see if there is any way to improve the situation for their partner. It could be stress from all sorts of non-relationship factors like work, school and/or raising their family. Sometimes, I don't think that the tired person realizes why they aren't in the mood for sex anymore since they are in the middle of their busy crazy life.

Anyway, a guy never forgets when it's time to have sex since your parts are all on the outside. lol
Honestly.

I don't believe this.

You cannot pin this on the partner that is trying. That's not fair.

To be honest...I think the woman ALWAYS should show feather fluff for the man. I mean, they are usually the ones that are tired, stressed or on the monthly cycle.

I cannot believe there are any men that would say they turned down sex for being tired or stressed. When I am tired I tell her she can ride me all night long if she wants. That turns her on even more. I NEVER turn her away.

I have been turned down and that ticks me off because I am all geared up for it and then there is this let down. So I just assume not start the launch sequence clock.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:02 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
I don't see how someone can enjoy sex when their partner isn't into it -- unless you view your partner as merely a life support system for an orifice.
Either we're both into it or it ain't happening. I, certainly, don't want a partner who is just going through the motions.

If your partner is not interested, you need to find out why and fix it. If she's too tired, help around the house more, go to bed earlier, etc, etc, etc...

Old 04-24-2009, 03:09 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
If the woman thinks of sex as a "CHORE" then that is another turnoff. Also a sign to start looking for a new girlfriend/SO.

I dont care how physically, emotionally, mentally tired I am, I will never ever ever look at sex as being a "chore".
Having SEX is a chore and that's why prostitutes charge for their services. Making love with someone you love is NOT.

Clearly you and I would be highly incompatible as a couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships