Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:54 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times

Advertisements

Ever notice that with the women thave have abusive relationships, the abusive relationships are ALWAYS the longest ones they have, and the decent guys they date, are the shortest relationships, and they wind up dumping him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 02:55 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
So which woman are you?

Old 02-01-2010, 03:00 PM

202 posts, read 484,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Ever notice that with the women thave have abusive relationships, the abusive relationships are ALWAYS the longest ones they have, and the decent guys they date, are the shortest relationships, and they wind up dumping him?

Yes. Or a woman gets rid of one abuser, only to hook up with another. I think both personalities tend to seek each other out. These types of women "say" they dont want abusers, but their very makeup invites them in. By this i mean self esteem issues, not being self reliant, or placing certain values on bad traits in men, etc.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:03 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Hold on a moment.

I need to find my miniature violin so I can play you a sad song.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winecountry1 View Post
Yes. Or a woman gets rid of one abuser, only to hook up with another. I think both personalities tend to seek each other out. These types of women "say" they dont want abusers, but their very makeup invites them in. By this i mean self esteem issues, not being self reliant, or placing certain values on bad traits in men, etc.

An abusive guy is a challenge, she will want to "change" him, and this conflict provides the drama she needs to maintain her interest in him. Otherwise she would get bored and miserable and leave a guy. Hence why nice guys fail with women, cannot hold on to them long, because they bore women with the lack of challenge.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:06 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
An abusive guy is a challenge, she will want to "change" him, and this conflict provides the drama she needs to maintain her interest in him. Otherwise she would get bored and miserable and leave a guy. Hence why nice guys fail with women, cannot hold on to them long, because they bore women with the lack of challenge.
Not true at all.

Take it from a woman who's been in an abusive relationship.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Not true at all.

Take it from a woman who's been in an abusive relationship.

So how long was this relationship? If it was a long time, why didn't you leave, and have your abusive relationships been longer or shorter than your non abusive relationships?

Old 02-01-2010, 03:08 PM

272 posts, read 286,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Hold on a moment.

I don't think the OP gives a crap about relationships or how man women he can get in bed.

He is just making an observation.

If you want to feel sorry for women who put themselves in a sitaution to be abuse by a woman beater, then by all means do what you feel is right for you.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:10 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Hold on a moment.

Would that be ... a violinlet?

Old 02-01-2010, 03:10 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
I don't think the OP gives a crap about relationships or how man women he can get in bed.

He is just making an observation.

If you want to feel sorry for women who put themselves in a sitaution to be abuse by a woman beater, then by all means do what you feel is right for you.
I don't feel sorry for women who stick around with abusive men. I think they're lacking a few cells up in their noggin.

However, I also don't feel sorry for people who incessantly WHINE, such as the OP, or people who let their gigantic inferiority complex rule their views, also the OP.

Furthermore, I think men who love to harp about how all the "violent, thuggish" men get girlfriends while nice boys can't even get a date need to stop complaining and be more assertive (and no, by assertive I do not mean "Hey Moderator cut: snip, you and me are going to Moderator cut: snip tonight.)

Last edited by cricket_factor; 02-01-2010 at 04:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships