Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:29 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times

Advertisements

Those rings look expensive, Zales and your initials inside.

1-Does anyone actually wear theirs?
2-If not, why buy them?
3-Would you ever pass yours over to someone close to you--namely a love interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 06:56 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Those rings look expensive, Zales and your initials inside.

1-Does anyone actually wear theirs?
2-If not, why buy them?
3-Would you ever pass yours over to someone close to you--namely a love interest.
I used to but I think my step son pawned it. I'm such a dolt. I know he took several pieces of jewelry from me and it never dawned on me to check the pawn shop down the street. I'll bet that's where they ended up.

My mom gave my sister her class ring. I would have given my to one of my kids but it's been missing for years.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:58 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
I really liked my high school ring, but I lost it at a party less than 3 months after I bought it. I'd love to get another one. Maybe from college.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:02 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Pawned it? They're worth that much?

Old 04-25-2009, 07:03 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Some are quite expensive. Especially if it has a diamond.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:09 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
I never did wear mine. It went to my steady gf the day I got it. Decades later a new gf discovered it and latched onto it. When we broke up she asked if she could keep it. Not wanting any more tears, I said yes. Hopefully she's pawned it by now.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:15 PM

Ok, now for another question--the real reason behind this thread. My love obsession of 30+ years ago, whom I found and started talking to again 3 weeks ago, just sent me the class ring of his I used to wear. He said no one's worn it but me--and him, of course. I know nothing about class rings but I guess I should be honored huh? I did think it was sweet. It's got a sapphire stone. I'm gonna keep it forever. I was shocked to open the package and find it.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:17 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Ok, now for another question--the real reason behind this thread. My love obsession of 30+ years ago, whom I found and started talking to again 3 weeks ago, just sent me the class ring of his I used to wear. He said no one's worn it but me--and him, of course. I know nothing about class rings but I guess I should be honored huh? I did think it was sweet. It's got a sapphire stone. I'm gonna keep it forever. I was shocked to open the package and find it.
OH!!! This is an exciting turn of events....what's his status??

Old 04-25-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
OH!!! This is an exciting turn of events....what's his status??
He's married. But he says he never wants to lose touch with me again. I feel the same. We both cried the first time we talked again. We've talked everyday since.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:20 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,211,214 times
Quote:

That is so SWEET! Yes, you should feel honored! To think that after all this time he would not only remember, but want you to have it again! That is amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships