Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 07:57 AM

8 posts, read 14,649 times

Advertisements

you wanna hear a funny story???.........i loved this guys for 3 years, finally had the courage to tell him. We dated for 5 months, it was perfect. He brakes up with me on Christmas Day and tell's me he's gay. A month later i date another guy, thinking it's better to move on from the past. He breaks up with me on valentines day for my AFJROTC HIGH SCHOOL corps commander (which was a guy) and to prove it he was making out with him in front of me after school that day. And finally that following May i dated another guy. We dated for 2 weeks and he all the sudden springs it on me that he's moving to St. Luis missouri. And doesn't bother to tell me till the day he moved officially. So we dated through the summer then i get a call from him one night telling me he wants to break it off....because he's realized that he is gay and he's been cheating on me with his best friends sisters, brother for a month.......now tell me. Do you feel better about yourself?
Blessed Be
LeDelia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 07:58 AM

Location: Gilbert, Arizona... a suburb of metro Phoenix in the East Valley
154 posts, read 288,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCherry View Post
I know, I know.

I must have castrated men or something equally evil in my past life because practically every 3 out of 5 guys that I find myself attracted to turns out to be gay!

It doesn't help that what I find attractive in guys are usually qualities found in gay men.

I'm doomed LOL.
Hmmm... maybe bi guys are more your speed... best of both worlds, right? He he - not that I'm offering... lol.

No idea what type of men turn you on... bi and gay men come in all forms... masculine, feminine... buff, padded... conservative, liberal... aggressive, sensitive... bigoted, open-minded... selfish, giving... players, monogamous... mechanical, passionate... dominant, submissive... jocks, geeks... chauvinistic, gentlemen... just like any men. Give me some ideas of your 'type' and then maybe I could give you some advice as to what signs to look for, to avoid (or attract) gay men - or bi men, for that matter.

Last edited by TednGilbertAZ; 05-12-2009 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-12-2009, 08:00 AM

50,553 posts, read 64,559,992 times
At least you can have help choosing just the right shade for your drapes.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:08 AM

Location: Gilbert, Arizona... a suburb of metro Phoenix in the East Valley
154 posts, read 288,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
At least you can have help choosing just the right shade for your drapes.
LOL

Good one! Albeit a bit stereotypical.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:10 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,195,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCherry View Post
As of now, I live in a rural town in a somewhat southern state. Enough said haha!!
You need to expand your horizons, hon. It sounds like you have a tendency to like sophisticated, polished guys rather than rugged, rough-hewn types.

I would suggest a couple of things. First, you should probably look at older men. Younger guys are, generally speaking, less mature and more prone to embracing a testosterone-soaked, macho persona. Older men tend to be more comfortable in their masculinity and feel less need to prove anything. They're also more likely to share your tastes.

Secondly, you probably need to change your geography. You need to look in the cool/trendy/upscale areas in a big city or nerby areas (preferably not in the south). You'll find lots of gay guys there, but you'll also find more straight guys who'll fit yourt bill.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:24 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,898,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
You need to expand your horizons, hon. It sounds like you have a tendency to like sophisticated, polished guys rather than rugged, rough-hewn types.

I would suggest a couple of things. First, you should probably look at older men. Younger guys are, generally speaking, less mature and more prone to embracing a testosterone-soaked, macho persona. Older men tend to be more comfortable in their masculinity and feel less need to prove anything. They're also more likely to share your tastes.

Secondly, you probably need to change your geography. You need to look in the cool/trendy/upscale areas in a big city or nerby areas (preferably not in the south). You'll find lots of gay guys there, but you'll also find more straight guys who'll fit yourt bill.

Ditto!!!

I would also suggest you hang on to those gay friends. They are the best!! Take them shopping with you and listen to them because they have perfect taste and yes, they will tell you truthfully if something makes your butt look huge Most gay guys are also excellent listeners and you can unload on them when your female friends just don't get it.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:31 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,472,973 times
You can cut costs on hairdresser bills too......

Old 05-12-2009, 08:54 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,207,842 times
Sounds like perhaps you need to be sexually aggressive when getting started out. So if you turn on the heat and it gets hotter and you bring out an animal instinct and you feel the desire and hunger your probably safe... If your beginning as a meek mild manored female with no aggression well........

Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,881,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That's funny. Hey, for those who wear suits, or a coat and tie, what's your take on a pink dress shirt? Yes? No?
I thought metrosexual meant a heterosexual male who overindulges in the aesthetic stuff (like clothing , skin treatments or similar items). Isn't that the definition?
Or mauve, lavender, fuchia.....god I'm bad at those things.

I shower regularly. Does that qualify?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,881,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDelia Ravengale View Post
you wanna hear a funny story???.........i loved this guys for 3 years, finally had the courage to tell him. We dated for 5 months, it was perfect. He brakes up with me on Christmas Day and tell's me he's gay. A month later i date another guy, thinking it's better to move on from the past. He breaks up with me on valentines day for my AFJROTC HIGH SCHOOL corps commander (which was a guy) and to prove it he was making out with him in front of me after school that day. And finally that following May i dated another guy. We dated for 2 weeks and he all the sudden springs it on me that he's moving to St. Luis missouri. And doesn't bother to tell me till the day he moved officially. So we dated through the summer then i get a call from him one night telling me he wants to break it off....because he's realized that he is gay and he's been cheating on me with his best friends sisters, brother for a month.......now tell me. Do you feel better about yourself?
Blessed Be
LeDelia
Did you introduce them to each other? No point holding a grudge. They were at least honest enough to be candid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships