Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:38 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
I read about half of this thread, but For the soul mate believers...

What about guys and girls for that matter who want to be with multiple people such as Hugh Hefner ? Do they have just one soul mate? Multiple soul mates? Or are they just "mutants" and exempt from the whole soul mate experience?
I would just figure that they don't believe in the concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 02:44 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Nope. Don't believe there is one magical person that is just right for me. It's just a concept to sell romance and make people feel warm and fuzzy. Like religion.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:55 AM

295 posts, read 667,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Nope. Don't believe there is one magical person that is just right for me. It's just a concept to sell romance and make people feel warm and fuzzy. Like religion.
LOL.

No. I don't believe in it either. I believe there are people more compatible than others. But, no, I don't think there is someone made for you.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,711 times
I believe that the definition lies within. What is True Love? If you think you had a Soulmate and you trully let her or him slip by, you would know that it made such an impact in your Heart that you will never forget that feeling because no one will ever make you feel that way. That feeling of emptiness when they are not around you, The feeling of Lust that was eternal and Happiness that made you feel like you can conquer or acomplish anything. Maybe there is more than one person out there that can triger those feeling again, but it comes very rare. I hope that everyone can experience those feelings, because it gives Love a whole different meaning.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:13 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
I believe people come into your life for a reason - not necessarily the one you intend.

Your soul mate may not be ment to be your lifelong companion, but rather teach you one of the biggest lessons in your life about yourself.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:24 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Nope. I don't beleive in soulmates. I stick by Eddie Murphy's theory of "find someone as f'ed up as you are and settle down"

Old 01-25-2010, 03:27 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,581 times
Not sure if someone has already mentioned this but...

What sort of soul mate are you talking about? I've studied this topic for years (don't ask me why, it's a long story).

From the way you describe it it sounds like you mean "twin flames". In that sense, yes, I do believe. I also believe that it's impossible to meet that person in every life time. Sometimes we're just not meant to meet them.

I also believe in soul mates, as in people you're meant to meet and have a connection with no matter how long or short, each one has a purpose. I've met several soul mates. I'm generally not a people person but I try. There have been only a handful of people who I've met and got the "I know you," feeling from the instant I meet them. These people have become my best friends. Soul mates can be lovers, friends or family. It's just that deeper connection.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:40 PM

174 posts, read 230,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris Nights View Post
I believe that the definition lies within. What is True Love? If you think you had a Soulmate and you trully let her or him slip by, you would know that it made such an impact in your Heart that you will never forget that feeling because no one will ever make you feel that way. That feeling of emptiness when they are not around you, The feeling of Lust that was eternal and Happiness that made you feel like you can conquer or acomplish anything. Maybe there is more than one person out there that can triger those feeling again, but it comes very rare. I hope that everyone can experience those feelings, because it gives Love a whole different meaning.
I agree.
I believe that I've met my soul mate. There's just this connection that's unexplained. I hadn't spoken nor contacted him for a few months and something happened to him this summer and I just knew. It was freaky. There were other instances too.

Anyway, he has made a big impact in my life and I love him dearly. We're not together, timing isn't right, but I have no regrets at all having known him. It's doubtful that I would ever feel this way again with anyone else.

Freaky I say, but I'm okay with it. I'm one of the lucky ones.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:12 PM

622 posts, read 1,279,885 times
Its funny how out of 7 billion people everyones "soulmate" just happens to live close.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:13 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Thumbs up Rofl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
Its funny how out of 7 billion people everyones "soulmate" just happens to live close.
That was priceless! Here's a rep for ya!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships