Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 04:16 PM

727 posts, read 1,891,231 times

Advertisements

I am a black man that wants to start dating outside my race. I find black women attractive and all that but I find that alot of times they are extra confrontational and extra bitchy. I dont mind a strong women or a lit bit of a biotch but I feel like black women are extra with it. Like I don't want to dog my black sisters on here at all. I'm tired of confrontation in my life. Every sister I been with has been DRAMA!!!!!!!! I want a little bit of a new breath of fresh air relationshipwise!! I have discussed this with a few of my friends who happen to be black women and they say I'm wrong or that I'm just curious!! I say that I just want to keep my mind open. I'm a man that doesn't go out and mess with everything in a dress.(I've been in 4 real relationships in my life) I'm looking for something new new! But I should I feel wrong for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 04:24 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Why are you asking if you are wrong? Seems it is up to you what you do with your life at this point, is it not?

Old 01-01-2009, 04:30 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
So are you presuming that anglo, asian, or latina women might be less confrontational? LOL

I can already see the Mods coming.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:30 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
I am a black man that wants to start dating outside my race. I find black women attractive and all that but I find that alot of times they are extra confrontational and extra bitchy. I dont mind a strong women or a lit bit of a biotch but I feel like black women are extra with it. Like I don't want to dog my black sisters on here at all. I'm tired of confrontation in my life. Every sister I been with has been DRAMA!!!!!!!! I want a little bit of a new breath of fresh air relationshipwise!! I have discussed this with a few of my friends who happen to be black women and they say I'm wrong or that I'm just curious!! I say that I just want to keep my mind open. I'm a man that doesn't go out and mess with everything in a dress.(I've been in 4 real relationships in my life) I'm looking for something new new! But I should I feel wrong for this?
GO FOR IT.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:34 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,419 times
If your previous experiences have led you to feel this way then it's not wrong in your case. If you feel it's the right thing for you then go for it. Good luck.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:37 PM

257 posts, read 1,058,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
Here we go again. Why is it that every time a Black man expresses an interest in interracial dating, he has to bash Black women in the process? It's really beyond tired. Not every Black woman is confrontational and bitchy, and not every non-Black woman is passive and submissive. You are in for a world of hurt if you think that.

Deep down inside, many Black mens' reasons for wanting to step outside the race has nothing to do with Black women. They'll talk about "sisters attitudes," but that's bull. The real reason is not politically correct to state aloud. No one is going to say, "I'm a self-hating, colorstruck Negro who uses other races' women to elevate my social status." Not saying this is you, but this is generally what I've found.

Your problem is not Black women. Your problem is why do you continue to attract and stay in relationships with drama-filled people?

I know this sounds harsh, but I think you need to be honest with yourself as a person and why you feel that interracial relationships are the answer. Good luck with whatever you do, it's your life.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:38 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
A little "jungle fever" doesn't hurt anybody.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:43 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,946 times
Do what 'cha like, but maybe your attraction is to the drama filled black chicks. Not all black chicks are like that.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:53 PM

727 posts, read 1,891,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
Here we go again. Why is it that every time a Black man expresses an interest in interracial dating, he has to bash Black women in the process? It's really beyond tired. Not every Black woman is confrontational and bitchy, and not every non-Black woman is passive and submissive. You are in for a world of hurt if you think that.

Deep down inside, many Black mens' reasons for wanting to step outside the race has nothing to do with Black women. They'll talk about "sisters attitudes," but that's bull. The real reason is not politically correct to state aloud. No one is going to say, "I'm a self-hating, colorstruck Negro who uses other races' women to elevate my social status." Not saying this is you, but this is generally what I've found.

Your problem is not Black women. Your problem is why do you continue to attract and stay in relationships with drama-filled people?

I know this sounds harsh, but I think you need to be honest with yourself as a person and why you feel that interracial relationships are the answer. Good luck with whatever you do, it's your life.
I totally get what your saying and the funny thing about this all is I'm the afrocentric dude that looked at these guys and used to think the same thing as you stated. I even onced vowed that I would never date outside my race but things change,people grow up. I don't think that relationships are necessarrily the answer but its something I'm now more open to. And trust I wasn't trying to dog my black women.....I'm basically saying I need a change. I want to alienate myself from drama and ALL my relationships with Black women have been drama....Even relationships with my family!!

Old 01-01-2009, 04:54 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,414 times
if u like it, go for it. No need to tell us or anybody else why you want to do it. No need to apology for it, life is yours, why let other dictate what you can or can't do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships