Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 09:57 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum510 View Post
Everything they are saying is so true. I got involved with a crack head and I didn't know he was an addict either. Spent 8 years with him. He now says he's changed and doing well. If he couldn't change when he was with me then.... why change now. I regret every minute of it. Worst relationship of my entire life and that's pretty bad because I've had some bad ones. Run, run like the wind!

Because addicts can't and don't change for other people. They need to hit bottom and decide they need to change for themselves. Even then it is hard to get and keep clean. But it has nothing to do with you, it has to do with addiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 10:16 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
If a wonderful woman enters a crackhead's life is it possible that the crackhead will find so much warmth, joy and happiness in his friendship with the wonderful woman that he'll easily give up crack without going to rehab cause of the warmth, joy, happiness he was getting from this wonderful woman and it made him find something to live for?

No.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:21 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
If a wonderful woman enters a crackhead's life is it possible that the crackhead will find so much warmth, joy and happiness in his friendship with the wonderful woman that he'll easily give up crack without going to rehab cause of the warmth, joy, happiness he was getting from this wonderful woman and it made him find something to live for?
No chance!!!

It's a disease ( in effect ) and one that would only bring the poor woman down to his level and cause nothing but pain

Old 01-14-2016, 10:46 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
Quote:
No, it is not possible. Look at what happened to Whitney Houston.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:56 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,356,252 times
Quote:
Will a guy do it for an ex? She left him because of his painkiller addiction. Then when that happened, he switched to hardcore drugs like heroin and crack. Whatever he could get get his hands on. After his time in prison, he claims to be a changed man and sobered up from drugs but continues to drink responsibly. And she took him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
First and best comment.
I was with a drug addict for 8 years. 8 years of hope, fear, promises, lies, anger, and death scares.
Then I left him and he was with somebody else. Suddenly he was sober and I thought, wow, maybe it really WAS my fault (He tried to put the blame on me, even though he was addicted before we met).
Then he had the first fight with his new gf and guess what happened
I was with a drug addict for 5yrs. Not romantically but close friends. Once he was out of prison, he went back to his ex-fiancé who is a functioning alcoholic. Only time will tell if he will relaspe back into drugs. Right now, everything is peachy since they have reconciled

Old 01-15-2016, 06:31 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
No, it is not possible. Look at what happened to Whitney Houston.
What about her? Whitney was into drugs before she met Bobby. Bobby was not a crackhead when he met Whitney.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:31 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
This is a bit later. However, this is just what I see. If a man is a crackhead, the last thing he should concern himself with is getting a woman. It should be with getting himself well. I do not recommend any woman getting involved with a crackhead. It is not likely to end well. That man needs to have himself together first.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:38 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Because addicts can't and don't change for other people. They need to hit bottom and decide they need to change for themselves. Even then it is hard to get and keep clean. But it has nothing to do with you, it has to do with addiction.
There are some thing I disagree with you on. I agree with this. I know someone who is a habitual drug user. He has basically ruined his own life and caused problems for others in his family. Drugs, alcohol abuse. I cut him off because he wouldn't change. He wasn't getting better and I felt like he would take me with him.

Getting into a relationship with a crackhead is like trying to tame a wild horse. It won't work out very well.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:18 AM

2 posts, read 1,339 times
My story is a wonderful clean woman tht takes care of her kids holds down a job been out of a relationship for four years an one day meet this guy tht doesn't look like a crackhead an don't come off as one either until a year later things starts to come up missing n da house he blamed everyone but him self I still didn't want to believe it until he didn't come home for 9days an when he came home he wasn't dress nice anymore an he walked funny later found out he had crack feet for walking so long to make a long story short b4 getting n a relationship with someone do a background check like asap

Old 04-20-2016, 06:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,339 times
U can't change a crackhead simple as tht
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships