Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 11:38 AM

2 posts, read 1,908 times

Advertisements

i am dealing with a situation very simarly but i'm actually sleeping with one of my friends. the initial attraction and wanting to be with him more than friends began when we started hanging out a lot in a new city, and could not stop-addicted to each other. i started thinking of him in a physical way where as he thought of me in a physical way the whole time. for him it's the romantic nature towards me that he lacks. he calls me babe. we go on dates and kiss n public and take photos together. we had an amazing night this week and in the morning i couldn't help he had a certain sadness to him. usually super happy guy. he didn't want to tell me at first because he was going to look like an *******. he told me he is in love with someone who is "moving away" to be away from him, because she can't stop coming over. honestly, i know it's messed up but like this girl above, he had told me he didn't want a romantic involvement yet is doing all the things that make me view it that way. total mind ****. what to do? he is taking me to circus olei on tuesday. i think he told me as a wake up call. what do you guys think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 11:53 AM

50,772 posts, read 36,474,703 times
I dated a guy for 3 years on and off who told me right off the bat he didn't want a relationship...then proceeded to bombard me with calls, texts, wanting to see me, and (again on and off for 3 years) blew hot and cold, often seeming like he was changing his mind....but whenever I'd get upset, he'd say "I told you I didn't want a relationship". In the end he dumped me to go back with his ex who he had never gotten totally over. Turned out the times he blew "hot" with me were when they weren't talking or he was mad at her, and the times he went cold, was when he was talking to her a lot again. Now when a guy tells me something like "I don't want a relationship", I believe him. He did want a relationship though, just not with me despite how strongly he came on.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:25 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Girl...move on.

Did you seriously consider getting drunk and having sex with this man would make him like you? Sex is no way to win a person over. It always fades if there is no emotional content.....

Old 04-13-2014, 01:36 PM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
You have to find the Girlfriend Reset Button.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-13-2014, 03:02 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
This thread was started 5 years ago. However, to help him get over her; get under him.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
This thread was started 5 years ago. However, to help him get over her; get under him.
That doesn't work.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:05 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Move on. Tesla says it best.

Tesla-Games People Play - YouTube

Old 04-14-2014, 08:07 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That doesn't work.
Psssssssst. It was sarcasm.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Psssssssst. It was sarcasm.
Ooohhh!

Old 04-14-2014, 01:29 PM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeMarie View Post
I've known this guy for a few months and we quickly became friends. From the outset he has been open and clear that he's not over his ex yet and isn't interested in anything more than friends right now. The thing is, the more we do together, the more we talk, the more we get to know each other, the more I want a relationship with this man.

So any advice? I mean, the biggest holdup is that he isn't over his ex, and he might even be holding onto hope of getting back together with her. I know I should just be patient, but I'm finding it harder and harder to do so.

I've thought about getting him drunk and taking advantage of him then, but don't want it to backfire. Aside from that,I don't know what to do.

Help!
He is that hot?

Anyway, I would NEVER get in a relationship with a person who is not over an ex yet. My ego won't let me. I don't have the time to waste on a confused dude like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships