Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:57 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,031,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
It may not be "your" strategy, but since you are promoting it, makes sense you should get called on it. It's a strategy founded on the deeply mysoginistic myth that women secretly enjoy being humiliated and treated like dirt, and that a path to a woman's vaggg... heart lies through a series of "playful" put-downs designed to destroy her self-esteem and make her feel dependent on some stranger's "approval". Newsflash: we don't like being treated like this anymore than you do. Think about how you would feel if a woman humiliated you in front of your friends. Would it instantly make you ignore her hairy moles and her portly figure and make you want to obtain her approval? Didn't think so. We are the same way. Being rude and stuck up where most men try to flatter doesn't make you "fresh" or "edgy" -- just makes you an [self-censored]. It's a pretty poor substitute for actual ability to make intelligent and lively conversation.
It wouldn't be out there if it did not work.

The strategy isn't for an average man nor an average woman. The man must be smooth and 100% fool proof and the woman must be an absolute babe. I mean really hot.

You can't apply that technique to an average girl. It wouldn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,381,625 times
Have you tried online dating? It just seems so much easier than trying to pick up girls in public places.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:31 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
So what does it take to meet a girl in a bar? How do you shed the fear and just approach? What do you say to her to break the ice ("Hey, I'm *blank,* What's your name? Where you from?" isn't working)? How do you maintain the confidence to speak to her without appearing nervous or jittery or desperate?

And how do you keep rejection from chipping away at your confidence for the rest of the night?
You have to know how to talk to people (not just necessarily women). First thing you need to do is avoid sentences that begin with personal pronouns like "I", "Me", "mine". Especially avoid beginning with the word "why".

Try to make the first thing she says to you is "Yes". This subconsciously gets her to open up to you and to be more receptive to your conversation.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:47 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,820,739 times
Most of you are beating up on the OP. I guess he asked this question many times before? Still, if he is a decent man meeting a woman shouldn't have to be so difficult for him.

There is a reason 40% of births are illegitimate today. Many of the men that women instantly judge as "losers"were the same exact type of men in earlier eras who made good husbands and fathers and helped hold our civilization together. Today women reward the smooth players, that's why so many of them get "pumped and dumped" on a regular basis.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:48 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
It may not be "your" strategy, but since you are promoting it, makes sense you should get called on it. It's a strategy founded on the deeply mysoginistic myth that women secretly enjoy being humiliated and treated like dirt, and that a path to a woman's vaggg... heart lies through a series of "playful" put-downs designed to destroy her self-esteem and make her feel dependent on some stranger's "approval". Newsflash: we don't like being treated like this anymore than you do. Think about how you would feel if a woman humiliated you in front of your friends. Would it instantly make you ignore her hairy moles and her portly figure and make you want to obtain her approval? Didn't think so. We are the same way. An attractive woman may be jaded by constant flattery, but that doesn't mean she is secretly longing to be treated like crap for a change. Being rude and stuck up where most men try to flatter doesn't make you "fresh" or "edgy" -- just makes you an [self-censored] where most others are losers. Would you rather be an orange or an apple? Doesn't matter, they are both fruit. Asshattery is just as poor a substitute for actual ability to make intelligent and lively conversation as groveling.
i am facinated by these descriptions. they explain in detail the rotten games played by one sex against another--- evil is genderless.
you could have been describing what women have done to me many times. same lousy game different sex. the trouble with giving evil a face is the devil is whoever happens to be standing closest to you.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:53 AM

Also, Redisca...you have a grown woman's point of view. I'm talking about young women like 21 years old. They are totally different than cougars. So the technique that I listed may seem off the wall and obnoxious to someone who is not into the 21 year old club scene but it is perfectly normal for someone who is. I'm not saying I am in that scene because I am not. But that is where that technique should be used and it would be successful. Obviously, the setting is key. It has to be a young, happening club, preferably on the west coast. Vegas or LA would be perfect for it. I don't think it would work as well in North Dakota...LOL...but women are women after all.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:13 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
You say it is hard to go after the attractive girl because she has all these friends around. Wouldn't it make sense to hit on one of her friends in front of her? She would absolutely take interest in you wondering why you weren't fawning over her like most men do. She would wonder about you...think about you...you would be on her mind even if only for a split second when you weren't before. That can be your angle. Work the friend in order to get to her.
Although this could work it could also backfire really bad, why run the risk when it's totally unnecessary? What I mean is...if you want to use this 'strategy' WHY pick a girl solely to use to try to get another girl jealous? 1) That's viciously unfair to the first girl, and sooner or later she will f up your chances with the girl you're after, 2) you could succeed in getting the first girl interested in you and she could turn out to be a psycho! (There are other possible negative results but you get the point).

Instead, simply pick a girl that you think is also cute and who you would be happy getting to know as well. I know really hot girls often have ugly friends, but there's usually at least 1 other girl in the group that's not bad at all. If you do it this way then if the strategy fails to produce jealousy in the girl you're after, but your charms still work on the first girl, you can still have a good time.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:43 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
You have to know how to talk to people (not just necessarily women). First thing you need to do is avoid sentences that begin with personal pronouns like "I", "Me", "mine". Especially avoid beginning with the word "why".

Try to make the first thing she says to you is "Yes". This subconsciously gets her to open up to you and to be more receptive to your conversation.
Car salespeople are taught this technique.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:52 AM

232 posts, read 594,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post

What questions or openers could automatically force her to say "yes"?

Old 05-28-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Although this could work it could also backfire really bad, why run the risk when it's totally unnecessary? What I mean is...if you want to use this 'strategy' WHY pick a girl solely to use to try to get another girl jealous? 1) That's viciously unfair to the first girl, and sooner or later she will f up your chances with the girl you're after, 2) you could succeed in getting the first girl interested in you and she could turn out to be a psycho! (There are other possible negative results but you get the point).

Instead, simply pick a girl that you think is also cute and who you would be happy getting to know as well. I know really hot girls often have ugly friends, but there's usually at least 1 other girl in the group that's not bad at all. If you do it this way then if the strategy fails to produce jealousy in the girl you're after, but your charms still work on the first girl, you can still have a good time.
Again, I don't do these things in bars. I just know of them. The point is not to get into a relationship so #2 doesn't really matter. That technique is used for a sexual encounter only. It's not used to get a date. I'm just a lil ole white boy from middle america...I don't do these things. It's something that is done in Arizona or Cali for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships