Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:37 PM

232 posts, read 594,168 times

Advertisements

So it seems like the only place where women congregate in large numbers is pubs and bars.

I usually go to this corner bar only when I feel like having a drink while reading and studying, but a couple of times this past week, I've been hanging out at various places in hopes of catching an eye or two.

But for some reason, it just seems so intimidating approaching strange girls in bars. For one thing, they say girls can be more libidinous after a drink or two, but they can be just that more rude and dismissive towards guys. I still can't shake that incident a few weeks back where a girl approached me, invited me to sit with her, and then made fun of me and completely humiliated me infront of her friends when I asked for her number. Plus, there were those couple of girls at the club who just took one look, didn't respond and looked away when I said "hi, how are you doing."

Second of all, you never see an attractive girl alone at the bar; she's always chatting with a bunch of friends so it's that much harder to break in and get her attention.

Lastly, there seems to be so much competition from other guys.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to refuse dance lessons for the clubs like some of you suggested. For one thing, I really can't afford dance lessons right now. Secondly, I feel awkward dancing and three, I'm pretty sure learning to dance wouldn't help because 1) a girl's not going to dance with you if she won't even talk to you and 2) most of what passes for "dancing" nowadays is just dry-humping-while-standing.

So what does it take to meet a girl in a bar? How do you shed the fear and just approach? What do you say to her to break the ice ("Hey, I'm *blank,* What's your name? Where you from?" isn't working)? How do you maintain the confidence to speak to her without appearing nervous or jittery or desperate?

And how do you keep rejection from chipping away at your confidence for the rest of the night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 11:40 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Didn't killer already give you some advice on how to pick up a girl for the night?
Really. How many times you gonna ask this?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
So it seems like the only place where women congregate in large numbers is pubs and bars.

I usually go to this corner bar only when I feel like having a drink while reading and studying, but a couple of times this past week, I've been hanging out at various places in hopes of catching an eye or two.

But for some reason, it just seems so intimidating approaching strange girls in bars. For one thing, they say girls can be more libidinous after a drink or two, but they can be just that more rude and dismissive towards guys. I still can't shake that incident a few weeks back where a girl approached me, invited me to sit with her, and then made fun of me and completely humiliated me infront of her friends when I asked for her number. Plus, there were those couple of girls at the club who just took one look, didn't respond and looked away when I said "hi, how are you doing."

Second of all, you never see an attractive girl alone at the bar; she's always chatting with a bunch of friends so it's that much harder to break in and get her attention.

Lastly, there seems to be so much competition from other guys.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to refuse dance lessons for the clubs like some of you suggested. For one thing, I really can't afford dance lessons right now. Secondly, I feel awkward dancing and three, I'm pretty sure learning to dance wouldn't help because 1) a girl's not going to dance with you if she won't even talk to you and 2) most of what passes for "dancing" nowadays is just dry-humping-while-standing.

So what does it take to meet a girl in a bar? How do you shed the fear and just approach? What do you say to her to break the ice ("Hey, I'm *blank,* What's your name? Where you from?" isn't working)? How do you maintain the confidence to speak to her without appearing nervous or jittery or desperate?

And how do you keep rejection from chipping away at your confidence for the rest of the night?
rejection is not chipping away at you, she is. its called castration, its deliberate. she intended to harm you.
lets take another road. some community centers give free dance lessons. dance is a great idea. women like to do it and women under 40 are devoid of dance training. women like to dance. they are willing to behave to get asked. this would be a very good move. stop trying to pick them up its not working.
you are getting beat up by some mean women. one more thing, start going to non alcoholic dances in the community stop stop going to bars. you already know 3 things about girls in bars. they like to drink, they like to be around people that drink and they like to hang out in bars.
men think that if they go to a bar and meet a woman who is drinking they will be easy. bad idea.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:48 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Didn't killer already give you some advice on how to pick up a girl for the night?
At this point I think he should just go up to every pretty girl he sees and say: "I want a f-buddy and you look perfect, can I give you my number?"

Either it'll work famously, or he'll get some sense slapped into him

Old 05-27-2009, 11:52 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
At this point I think he should just go up to every pretty girl he sees and say: "I want a f-buddy and you look perfect, can I give you my number?"

I think you're on to something.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:59 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post

He's 5'3". No woman would really wind up. They might kill him!

Old 05-28-2009, 12:01 AM

2,588 posts, read 5,430,890 times
It's where I met my last 5 husbands, including the one with "teef."

Old 05-28-2009, 12:19 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,863,909 times
First off, you have to go into a bar/club with the ego that you just don't give a ****. If a girl blows you off, just laugh it off and leave. Remember, girls are on this planet to give you endless pleasure and entertainment. Besides, your number one goal is to find women who are interested in you and make it happen. If she is blowing you off, she isn't interested and any further contact is a complete and total waste of time. Move on. Also there are some women in there who have absolutely no intention of meeting people, what they are looking for is free drinks and attention. Once they get that, they don't want any further attention. Don't bother with these girls.

Your main mission is to go in there give your number to chicks who are interested or to take a girl home to bang. The only other reasons you should go is if you are just ****ing around to work on your game.

Personally I would consider the bar/club scene to be more intense since lots of guys use these venues to pick up chicks. Hence, the women are generally more picky especially if you don't go in with a spot proof game plan. Try practicing your approach in places other than bars/clubs. Just make your approach casual and fun.

After I got out of my last serious relationship I started practicing my pick up moves, ironically, where I worked. I used to work in a theme park, so I was in contact with alot of girls, especially younger females. My pick up lines were always the same lol, "hey so what do you think of xyz roller coaster?"..."Oh really, you seem like the wild type."..."Hey I got to go, you seem like an interesting person. Add me on facebook or call me sometime...*writes name on paper and gives it to her*" I did this with nearly every female I could, just to practice.

After awhile the social phobia wears off on you and you can chat girls up like that easily.

Oh yea and it takes practice. You'll mess up often but after awhile you'll be able to pull alot of things off easy.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:22 AM

232 posts, read 594,168 times
I keep asking this over and over again, and I'm not getting an answer.

How do you open?

What do you say besides going into "interview mode" as someone put it?

What words do I physically make with my mouth when meeting a girl for the first time?

Old 05-28-2009, 12:32 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
What words do I physically make with my mouth when meeting a girl for the first time?
If there really are guys that are this clueless, I think it's time I get into the PUA seminar business.

Cyan at the mall (a great place to meet tons of hot girls):
Cyan: Excuse me, can I get your opinion on something?
Hot Girl: Ah, yeah sure, what?
Cyan: Do these jeans make my ass look fat?
Hot Girl: Hahaha!
Cyan: Hey! Are you staring at my ass? FOCUS! (snap fingers) The jeans, remember? (smile)
Hot Girl: (embarrassed) Oh right... ah no, you look great.
Cyan: Thank you, you too. My name's Cyan.
Hot Girl: Mine's Hot Girl, nice to meet you.
Cyan: Listen, I'd love to go on teasing you all day, but I'm meeting some friends. Here's my number in case you ever need a guy's opinion on your ass...I mean jeans!

Last edited by cuinlalaland; 05-28-2009 at 12:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships