Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:33 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I think any mother who feels the need to put make-up on a 7 yo needs serious help and so does the child. But I guess no one will interfere and simply be shocked and not understand why the child is out of control and promiscuous when she becomes a teen.

If I knew who the child was I'd call Social Services and let them evaluate the situation. And this goes for all of those beauty queen paegants, as well. Actually those should be outlawed.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 08:51 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
I think any mother who feels the need to put make-up on a 7 yo needs serious help and so does the child. But I guess no one will interfere and simply be shocked and not understand why the child is out of control and promiscuous when she becomes a teen.

If I knew who the child was I'd call Social Services and let them evaluate the situation. And this goes for all of those beauty queen paegants, as well. Actually those should be outlawed.
I totally agree...but I can't say anything, I can't. And no one else will and I really do not think social services would interfer. The child is being well taken care of in every other way...

Old 05-28-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Thanks for saying what I was thinking, Live. A child is only a child for a short while and why not take pictures showing what she actually looks like everyday for future viewing? What happened to candid photos that hold more meaning than those posed -- those that give a truer depiction of that time once upon a year?

She's probably going to spend the rest of her life wearing makeup.
Actually, what I think happened, is, she's always looking at magazines, so, she sees this picture and tries to have her daughter model it....granted the child is beautiful, but, makeup. As I said, all the young girls I work with who saw the pictures rolled they're eyes and said, what the ___ is wrong with her?

Last edited by cremebrulee; 05-28-2009 at 09:21 AM..

Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
What do you think of a mother who feels the need to put rouge and lipstick on her 7 year old to take her picture....who is constantly treating this little girl like the doll she never had..who is raising this little girl to be so conscienscious of her cloth, putting on makeup....lable buying...nothing but the best...and I mean the best. But make up on a 7 year old?
Seems excessive.

There are a couple issues that could come out of this.
1) Excessive emphasis on materialism and that THINGS matter a lot. We see threads about this here relating to marrying for money etc. MOST women I know with such expensive tastes tend to have money problems unless they wind up with an enormous cashflow.
2) Making her self-image \ beauty a central theme in her life (perhaps one of the toughest pressures on girls)
3) Immersing her into the cult of fashion\celebrity\popularity....maybe she can make a Patrick Swayze cancer picture collage out of clippings from the Star and Enquirer?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Seems excessive.

There are a couple issues that could come out of this.
1) Excessive emphasis on materialism and that THINGS matter a lot. We see threads about this here relating to marrying for money etc. MOST women I know with such expensive tastes tend to have money problems unless they wind up with an enormous cashflow.
2) Making her self-image \ beauty a central theme in her life (perhaps one of the toughest pressures on girls)
3) Immersing her into the cult of fashion\celebrity\popularity....maybe she can make a Patrick Swayze cancer picture collage out of clippings from the Star and Enquirer?
You are correct on all three

I do worry, but, it's none of my business, plus if I say something, I won't get any more pictures....

Old 05-28-2009, 09:25 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
You are correct on all three

I do worry, but, it's none of my business, plus if I say something, I won't get any more pictures....
This is the problem you are more concerned about yourself than the child. You would rather watch her life go down the drain so you can have access rather than do what is necessary to save her fron a lifetime of unhappiness.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
CESpeed
Ill tell ya, child services wont do squat and creme will loose contact with this child. Been there done that. I called DHS on my ex dil for way worse. They did nothing to her, she took the kids and left the state and DHS came to my house to investigate me.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:38 AM

596 posts, read 889,779 times
Quote:
This is the problem you are more concerned about yourself than the child. You would rather watch her life go down the drain so you can have access rather than do what is necessary to save her fron a lifetime of unhappiness.
Well, if she doesn't have access to the child, she will not be able to have any impact on her life, so that would be a negative for the child as well. Do you really think that telling her to stop putting makeup on the girl will make her do it? I would assume that you can't change the DIL, but you can help shape the child.

Here is what I would do. I wouldn't directly confront the DIL. I would just make sure that I spend quality time with the granddaughter. Watch movies like "Beauty and the Beast" and "Shrek" and afterward discuss the lesson about how inner beauty is more important. You don't have to undermine the DIL, but you can still have a positive impact on the granddaughter's upbringing.

Just my .02.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I am not even allowed to see her...I've just regained a good rapore with my son, I have said all I can say...it's not my choice, but, if someday she comes to search me out, I will be open and try to help her all I can. But at this point, my DIL is so territorial, she just started allowing her to go on a sleep over....I have been banned from my GD's life, as far as she is concerned, and if it wouldn't be for my son, I wouldn't even talk to her at all...once in a while, I get to talk to her on the phone. You have no idea as to what is going on, and I cannot interfer...or I'll loose my son again...

Old 05-28-2009, 10:43 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,685 times
Quote:
This is not reality and not helpful to the situation itself. I don't think Creme is more concerned about herself. I think she is truly concerned about the values this will instill in her grandchild. Many adult children who are parents do NOT want to hear remarks made by their own parents and absolutely resent it. If Creme has access to the child and visits privately, she doesn't have to counter what the parents are doing as that would be destructive to all parties, but she can show her a different way of life by role modeling and teaching and giving messages to her in a different direction. Many kids are very close to their grandparents with a special bond that many times supercedes that of their bond with their parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships