Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 06:36 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

What do you think of a mother who feels the need to put rouge and lipstick on her 7 year old to take her picture....who is constantly treating this little girl like the doll she never had..who is raising this little girl to be so conscienscious of her cloth, putting on makeup....lable buying...nothing but the best...and I mean the best. But make up on a 7 year old?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 06:42 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,827,524 times
I think there are too many people who seriously need parenting classes.

I assume you are refering to your dil and granddaughter. Im thankful I have grandsons. My ex dil would be worse than that. I imagine she would already have a daughters hair frosted, nipples pierced, cell phone stuck to her ear and thong butt showing.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:54 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times
I don't know, cremebrulee -- what's the context? Does this woman put make-up on her daughter every time her picture is taken, or was this a one-time deal? I remember how my mother made up my hair in a 60's beehive and put some shadow on my eyelids and some mascara on my lashes when I was about 6, as a joke. I don't think this was a big deal. I expect a couple of CD gentlemen will jump in at this point and babble something to the effect that this was precisely the moment when my fragile psyche was damaged beyond repair and turned me into an unsentimental, sarcastic feminist with a sad passion for complete sentences -- but hey, somehow I still managed to get an education, date throughout high school, college and a part of law school, get married and stay happily married for nearly a decade now. I'd say, any excess is damaging -- an excess of superficiality and an excess of puritanism.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:58 AM

2,751 posts, read 5,361,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
I don't know, cremebrulee -- what's the context? Does this woman put make-up on her daughter every time her picture is taken, or was this a one-time deal? I remember how my mother made up my hair in a 60's beehive and put some shadow on my eyelids and some mascara on my lashes when I was about 6, as a joke. I don't think this was a big deal. I expect a couple of CD gentlemen will jump in at this point and babble something to the effect that this was precisely the moment when my fragile psyche was damaged beyond repair and turned me into an unsentimental, sarcastic feminist with a sad passion for complete sentences -- but hey, somehow I still managed to get an education, date throughout high school, college and a part of law school, get married and stay happily married for nearly a decade now. I'd say, any excess is damaging -- an excess of superficiality and an excess of puritanism.
Now it all makes sense!!!

Hey, we should all have turned out as well as you. Male or female.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:28 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times
Thank you, ExPit.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:29 AM

27,335 posts, read 27,387,014 times
At 7 years old, there is no need. A child has natural beauty without all that. Why would you want to make her look older, because thats exactly what you are doing.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:32 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post

Hmm, I took this as sarcasm.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:51 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
I definitely do not agree with putting makeup on a 7 year old or dolling them up in any way. An aside: my grandfather went INSANE when he saw my mom in makeup one Halloween (she was 13). It was the first time she had ever put it on. That tells you something of the cultural context in which she grew up (and passed down to me).

Old 05-28-2009, 07:51 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post

no, it's not a one time deal or anything like your situation...it's all the time...

Old 05-28-2009, 07:52 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Who would do something like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships