Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:22 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Ba bom! Nope!

Can't say confidence is one of two main things I'd be thinking of, I'd rate kindness much higher and I'd prefer an ability to listen and resolve problems together over deferring all problem solving to him.
If a man has confidence and an ability to solve problems, he'd will be kind and he will listen and resolve problems together in the first place.

Ba bom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 11:55 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
If a man has confidence and an ability to solve problems, he'd will be kind and he will listen and resolve problems together in the first place.

Ba bom!
Is this about what women want or what you want?

I just said what I want and already you're telling me I'm wrong.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:33 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
One of the best comments I've seen on this site. So true. Nearly all guys over 35 know this and have become very wary as a result.

Meanwhile, women think they are actually desperate. Very delusional.
Thanks.

It's very true. Instead of me just trying to anticipate what they want or what they are thinking, I don't play the game. I'm myself, I do my own thing, they can come along or not. I don't really care. I have what I have on offer and I am open about it, take it or leave it. I'm not doing customized packages tailored to a womans daily changing wants. That's like a cat chasing it's tail.

I think women try to throw the desperate brush around because of their own insecurities and the realization that all their games don't work on some people. I won't be flipped to be a whipped nutless pathetic whimpering mess that has to "ask" for permission to do things.

Personally myself I can do with or without dates or girlfriends. I have a very active life with a cool job with plenty of travel. By the end of this week I will have spent two days on a race track, one day on mountain bike trails, one day kayaking and one day in the garden planting stuff. Then next week I've got a 2 day motorsport event, followed by another two weeks on race tracks and off road driving trails, plus a few mini vacations to see some sights in and around that. Women can float in and out of that, either way I really don't give a damn.

I'm having too much fun to be desperate and certainly can't be bothered chewing my fingernails wondering what Ms. hotpants wants today?

Old 05-29-2009, 12:46 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Women are individuals and so our wants vary from woman to woman.
You can't figure all women out, you can only get to know each one on a case-by-case basis.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:38 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Women want 4 types of guys:

1. The old rich guy : spends money on her and doesn't expect sex.
2. The nice guy: Eventually going to marry her and take care of her kids. This guys has to, "prove" she is worth something to her.
3. The player: The guy who is great in the bed. This guy gets a front of the line pass to her bed. NSA.
4. The gay friend: Listens to her non-sense and what she did with the player and what the old guy bought for her. As well as the nice dinner the nice guy paid for her.
Your list is out of order Killer. The type of man a woman wants is a progression: #3, when we are young early 20's we want the guy thats good in bed; #4, late 20s were tired of the player type and want sensitivity: #2, 30's we are ready to settle down and have a family; then #1, mid 40's+ we realize #2 men arent all that and the sex sucks so we marry for money

Old 05-29-2009, 09:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sounds about right. Only that some of us don't like talking all the time.
Or chick flicks.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:22 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
They want connectedness, but true connectedness, not pandering. Brown-nosing without being truly connected will get you walked on.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:25 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Obviously, every woman is different.

But one thing I have noticed amongst pretty much all women:

They want to be paid attention to. They want to be listened to. They want someone to know their likes and dislikes. Someone to understand their body language.

Just pay attention.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:23 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Thanks.

It's very true. Instead of me just trying to anticipate what they want or what they are thinking, I don't play the game. I'm myself, I do my own thing, they can come along or not. I don't really care. I have what I have on offer and I am open about it, take it or leave it. I'm not doing customized packages tailored to a womans daily changing wants. That's like a cat chasing it's tail.

I think women try to throw the desperate brush around because of their own insecurities and the realization that all their games don't work on some people. I won't be flipped to be a whipped nutless pathetic whimpering mess that has to "ask" for permission to do things.

Personally myself I can do with or without dates or girlfriends. I have a very active life with a cool job with plenty of travel. By the end of this week I will have spent two days on a race track, one day on mountain bike trails, one day kayaking and one day in the garden planting stuff. Then next week I've got a 2 day motorsport event, followed by another two weeks on race tracks and off road driving trails, plus a few mini vacations to see some sights in and around that. Women can float in and out of that, either way I really don't give a damn.

I'm having too much fun to be desperate and certainly can't be bothered chewing my fingernails wondering what Ms. hotpants wants today?
I got to this point about 20 years ago. From my recent experience, it became obvious that things never REALLY change. However, certain things change in the general population of men and women gradually lower their standards. Too gradually.

What the CD men need to do is get a COMPLETE list of all possible attributes of interest to women. Then they can self assess and post it on their profile.

I'd also rate each one so they can see objectively, how good their prospects are. It would likely cause many more to reach an accommodation with their lives much earlier.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:08 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I got to this point about 20 years ago. From my recent experience, it became obvious that things never REALLY change. However, certain things change in the general population of men and women gradually lower their standards. Too gradually.

What the CD men need to do is get a COMPLETE list of all possible attributes of interest to women. Then they can self assess and post it on their profile.

I'd also rate each one so they can see objectively, how good their prospects are. It would likely cause many more to reach an accommodation with their lives much earlier.
Nah too much work!

I find now that the less you do is sometimes more. I've had better luck with women now just doing my thing and not being on the prowl, looking, searching, asking out etc. I think just going about my business as I do works better, takes all the pressure off on me and with the women I think are not on the defensive as they would be if I was putting the moves down.

I'm happy with myself, and my friends and my life. Could I have more of this or that, sure. Who doesn't want more? Am I always looking to get better or improve? Sure, everyday. However I don't base my happyness on how many dates I get or who I am going out with. If I have a date fine, if I don't fine.

I can say 10 years ago though I wasn't content unless I was going out with someone or dating. My happyness rode up and down like a stock chart dependent on how the dating was going. Not good and I stepped off that roller coaster a while ago.

I think people with all these "wants" are on the wrong track with the wrong approach. You can't order up life like a taco at Taco Bell. And for a lot of people they don't even know what they want much less trying to figure what someone else wants.

People with "wants" I believe are people that lack so much themselves they seek it in other people. Not to mention they have unrealistic expectations of what others can provide for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships