Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 11:58 PM

468 posts, read 1,219,046 times

Advertisements

It wasn't a joke. Women want to be told what to do (from a guy they admire).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 11:59 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,309,746 times
she doesn't know. just keep giving she will tell you when to stop.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:00 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,887,249 times
hahaha! LMAO!!!

I must remember to get MM to read this thread. Clearly he's doing it all wrong!

Old 06-04-2009, 12:05 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,646,342 times
Well as an example look at the age old "Where are we going for dinner?" question.

I can tell from experience women HATE men who don't have an answer.

Women like men with a plan and they do like leadership.

I don't think they want to be micromanaged or bossed around but I do think they need and want direction with an occasional consultation of their opinion.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:05 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,080,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSmartHippies View Post
It wasn't a joke. Women want to be told what to do (from a guy they admire).
I know it wasn't a joke. Now with the addition in the parentheses I might reconsider my sarcasm... The original version sounded odd coming from you.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:11 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,309,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well as an example look at the age old "Where are we going for dinner?" question.

I don't think they want to be micromanaged or bossed around but I do think they need and want direction with an occasional consultation of their opinion.
yes masterfully insist upon doing what they want but make it look like it was your idea. mind reading is a plus.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:

hmmm

Usually goes like this. Either one of us will be hungry and will say to the other "what do you feel like for dinner?" or "are you hungry?" Then there's a discussion about where we'd like to eat and what and then we go do it.
Don't confuse leadership and direction with an appreciation of decisiveness.

I don't want to be lead, I don't need a team leader, and I don't want to be the leader either, I prefer a partner.

Nobody is the boss of me and nobody is the boss of him. We are a team. An equal team.

It's my life and I'm not planning at any point to abdicate my decisions to him where I'm occasionally consulted.

Would you do that? If you're not prepared to do it, then don't expect it from anybody else.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:04 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
hmmm

Usually goes like this. Either one of us will be hungry and will say to the other "what do you feel like for dinner?" or "are you hungry?" Then there's a discussion about where we'd like to eat and what and then we go do it.
Don't confuse leadership and direction with an appreciation of decisiveness.

I don't want to be lead, I don't need a team leader, and I don't want to be the leader either, I prefer a partner.

Nobody is the boss of me and nobody is the boss of him. We are a team. An equal team.

It's my life and I'm not planning at any point to abdicate my decisions to him where I'm occasionally consulted.

Would you do that? If you're not prepared to do it, then don't expect it from anybody else.
Are you Australian?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Are you Australian?
relevance?

Old 06-04-2009, 11:13 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,092,857 times
Quote:

So women think men are smarter and better decision makers??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships