Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 07:01 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

Just wondering when you first laid eyes on a new co-orker who you felt was attractive, how were you acting around him in the office?

Only asking because I'm getting some positive vibes from this girl who sits across from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 07:03 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Receiving good vibes is a good sign.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Receiving good vibes is a good sign.

Yeah she was asking me today what is my favorite sports team, and joined in with me to poke fun at one of her co-workers-lol We got into this long social conversation about Cable Companies and Other things. I'm not used to getting this kind of attention so early on a new job from someone I'm attracted to.-lol I guess evamping my personality and no longer shy so maybe has played into her being comfortable around me to chat it up so quickly.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:18 PM

It sounds like you are going to fit in just fine. As far as knowing if she is interested....give it some time.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:35 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yeah she was asking me today what is my favorite sports team, and joined in with me to poke fun at one of her co-workers-lol We got into this long social conversation about Cable Companies and Other things. I'm not used to getting this kind of attention so early on a new job from someone I'm attracted to.-lol I guess evamping my personality and no longer shy so maybe has played into her being comfortable around me to chat it up so quickly.
Ummm.... maybe she's only trying to get to know you. It's less romantic interest, and more just wanting to know about her new co-worker that's sitting across from her. I'd say be friendly back, but let her be the one to lead the way on how your working relationship develops. And asking her out to lunch is fine, but let her be the first to suggest any after work activities together.

Every time I have to deal with a new co-worker, male or female, I ask them about their interests and other details about their lives. That way, when working together, we can talk about non-work things too. I like to get along with my co-workers.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Ummm.... maybe she's only trying to get to know you. It's less romantic interest, and more just wanting to know about her new co-worker that's sitting across from her. I'd say be friendly back, but let her be the one to lead the way on how your working relationship develops. And asking her out to lunch is fine, but let her be the first to suggest any after work activities together.

Every time I have to deal with a new co-worker, male or female, I ask them about their interests and other details about their lives. That way, when working together, we can talk about non-work things too. I like to get along with my co-workers.

I thought she was kind of hinting we should go to a place for lunch together but maybe I was wrong from the interaction below.

Me: where is that new place you went to for lunch today I want to go there for dinner on the way home

Her: why would you go there for dinner when you can just go there for lunch tomorrow

lol. I don't know, I will see what happens and continue to be my pleasant and friendly self

Old 05-29-2009, 07:43 PM

I agree with miu. Give it some time. Good luck!

Old 05-29-2009, 09:07 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I thought she was kind of hinting we should go to a place for lunch together but maybe I was wrong from the interaction below.

Me: where is that new place you went to for lunch today I want to go there for dinner on the way home

Her: why would you go there for dinner when you can just go there for lunch tomorrow

lol. I don't know, I will see what happens and continue to be my pleasant and friendly self
So... she went to lunch without you. That doesn't seem to me that she likes your company that much yet. If she really liked you, she would have invited you to join her. So who did she go to lunch with?

You just started this job and after months of not working. Don't blow it by coming on too strong with the pretty girls there. Act professional and focus on being a good worker first. Dating a co-worker should be very low on your list of priorities right now. Don't get hit with a sexual harassment charge. Keep your flirting to your CL women unless you know for sure that your job is really working out and your managers like your performance.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:09 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,899 times
Dont encourage him! He's cheating on me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships