Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 06:24 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
Boomerang is great. I didn't get to go on the new ones last time we were there. The lines were wayyyy too long!
Boomerang made me sick, I mean sick. (That's how I know I am getting old, haha)! But give me roller coasters any day, I hope I never outgrow those
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 08:38 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
Boomerang is great. I didn't get to go on the new ones last time we were there. The lines were wayyyy too long!
I rode Boomerang for the first time - my first clue that roller coasters and I weren't going to get along anymore. Because I went during the week while school was still in session the longest I waited was 20 min and that was for Ghost rider - my acceptance tha troller coasters and I weren't going to get along anymore. At least not the really wild ones. I must now go to Disneyland and try out the milder ones.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:42 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
I used to collect certain things when I was younger and now I see these things as clutter in my nice house, so a lot of boxes are filled with things eventually destined for ebay.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:51 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Yes....There is.......enjoy every second he is with you!!!!!!

No.
That might be valid advice if he were suffering from cancer or some other terminal illness.
He's not. He's in perfect health. He's highly intelligent.
He is putting his life at risk by being deliberately stupid, self-destructive, and defiant.
I will not be made to feel guilty because I fail to "enjoy every minute" of sharing my home with a rude, aggressive, self-destructive, often hateful and sometimes violent young man who routinely gets arrested or ends up in the hospital because of his illegal escapades.

I love my baby. I miss my baby.
When I saw my son lying in that hospital bed the other week, I thought, "If somebody else had done this to my baby, I would kill that person with my bare hands."
But he did it to himself. There's no one else to blame.

I'm not a masochist.
I cannot and will not "enjoy" the hell my family is going through.
All I can do is have hope that things won't always be like this, that he'll survive this and get better, that there will be happiness in our lives again.

I don't need the guilt trip, nor do I need to be told that my son will be "gone soon". He's not going to die if I have anything to say about it, and he's probably not moving out anytime soon either, unless he ends up with some serious felony conviction that puts him behind bars for an extended period of time.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:30 AM

1,539 posts, read 3,191,282 times
Jane72....
First of all, my heart goes out to you.....second, have you ever watched the show Intervention on A&E? I would HIGHLY recommend you watch this show and see if it helps you at all/offers suggestions...hang in there....

Old 05-31-2009, 04:30 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
No.
That might be valid advice if he were suffering from cancer or some other terminal illness.
He's not. He's in perfect health. He's highly intelligent.
He is putting his life at risk by being deliberately stupid, self-destructive, and defiant.
I will not be made to feel guilty because I fail to "enjoy every minute" of sharing my home with a rude, aggressive, self-destructive, often hateful and sometimes violent young man who routinely gets arrested or ends up in the hospital because of his illegal escapades.

I love my baby. I miss my baby.
When I saw my son lying in that hospital bed the other week, I thought, "If somebody else had done this to my baby, I would kill that person with my bare hands."
But he did it to himself. There's no one else to blame.

I'm not a masochist.
I cannot and will not "enjoy" the hell my family is going through.
All I can do is have hope that things won't always be like this, that he'll survive this and get better, that there will be happiness in our lives again.

I don't need the guilt trip, nor do I need to be told that my son will be "gone soon". He's not going to die if I have anything to say about it, and he's probably not moving out anytime soon either, unless he ends up with some serious felony conviction that puts him behind bars for an extended period of time.

By "gone soon" what was meant was he'll grow up and move out not that he'd die. Eventually, he will move on with his life. I have a step son who was in trouble all the time. He's turning 40 this year and we haven't heard from him in about 5 years. The last time he called it was to ask for bail. His father told him if the only time he was going to call was when he needed money he should stop calling. He meant he should call other times too but he just stopped calling.

This too shall pass.

I'm sorry your son is having such a rough time. I have a daughter who is bitter and angry at 14. I miss my baby too. She used to like me. Now she tells me she hates me. Her issues are due to what her counselor calls "emotional incest". Back when her dad was drinking too much, she was his confidante. She sees me as competition. In a nutshell, she arrested in the Oedipal phase. She'd just as soon her father and I divorced so she could go live with dad. Some days, I'm not so sure that's not a bad idea.

I was going to try and find a job this summer but I'm thinking a better use of my time might be trying to connect wiht her. I had last summer off while I was job hunting and we seemed to do better. Her counselor suggested we do some volunteer activities together (she also failed to develop empathy so she needs to learn to care for others) and the summer got away from me before I could arrange them. I need to make sure we do some this year.

Anyway, just wanted you to know that some of us understand missing your baby because they've grown up into someone you have difficulty relating to.

Good luck.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:45 PM

390 posts, read 905,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I thought we were friends. Actually friends do outgrow each other.....happens a lot.

Don't feel bad ppl, Artsyguy outgrew me before he even got to know me. He even refused my friend request.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:49 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwana_b View Post
Don't feel bad ppl, Artsyguy outgrew me before he even got to know me. He even refused my friend request.
What?? A nice friendly person like yourself??

We're gonna have to get Arty's head checked.

(I know how he hates therapists)

Old 05-31-2009, 06:50 PM

390 posts, read 905,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I used to collect certain things when I was younger and now I see these things as clutter in my nice house, so a lot of boxes are filled with things eventually destined for ebay.
Me too. I was an angel figurine collector for years. Only to sell them later. Most recent years I have collected Marilyn Monroe "everything". I thought I would never lose interest in that. Spent much money. Now, I am preparing them for sale. With the econmy like it is, they will sell for almost nothing. That is not the saddest part, the saddest part is that I no longer care to collect Marilyn or anything new.At one time collecting was fun and interesting to me.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
I found out this weekend I have outgrown my love of long road trips...oh well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships