Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:38 PM

874 posts, read 3,678,727 times

Advertisements

I'm here listening to nighttime radio..and the question for the night is.."Ladies, what would you do, if you were in a relationship with a man, say about a year..youre head over heels over this man..he's become your best friend, just the perfect "someone", great career, financially stable, no children, sex is sensational, conversation..you've just never clicked with another man this way before, husband material!!...................
BUT he has confessed to you that he's bisexual!! What is a woman to do?? What would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 10:44 PM

371 posts, read 894,273 times
Does him being bi negate all the other things? He sounds like a great guy to me.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:47 PM

9 posts, read 43,823 times
Some people believe that you are either straight or homosexual and that bi-sexuality doesn't really exist. In other words, some say they are bi-sexual because they aren't comfortable enough to admit to others or themselves that they are homosexual. I'm not sure where I personally fall on this issue, but I have many male homosexual friends that feel this way. I suppose I would trust their instincts and leave. I've seen some of those TV stories where they are married to the perfect man for 20 years until one day they find out he's attracted to other men. Can you imagine how horrible that would be?

Old 09-03-2008, 10:59 PM

288 posts, read 656,057 times
If it's been a year and he hasn't made mention of this til now? Hmmm, I agree with Broderhol, I'm not sure where I stand on this issue, either. If he's bisexual wouldnt he get the urge to go back and forth? If this is the case, his SO would need to keep herself protected. Tough Call....

Old 09-04-2008, 04:52 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Bi-sexual? I've known a number of male bi-sexuals and have read/heard about the study that says they're probably homosexual. It's worth taking into consideration and talking about with your partner.

But to kick him to the curb just because. Oh wait, this is a hypothetical question based on something you heard on the radio?

Nevermind.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:30 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
I think there are 2 questions the op must ask herself.
1- Do I want an "open" relationship?
2- Do I want to be in a relationship where I "must" always use protection during sex? Seems like it would be quite risky not to.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
I'm here listening to nighttime radio..and the question for the night is.."Ladies, what would you do, if you were in a relationship with a man, say about a year..youre head over heels over this man..he's become your best friend, just the perfect "someone", great career, financially stable, no children, sex is sensational, conversation..you've just never clicked with another man this way before, husband material!!...................
BUT he has confessed to you that he's bisexual!! What is a woman to do?? What would you do?
hahahahah.....ohhh man.....well, then he's not marriage material IMO....however awesome opp. for a 3some with TWO hot guys

Old 09-04-2008, 08:54 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
The only thing I'd care about is the potential that he's actually gay, and is using the bisexual card to cling to a more socially accepted identity.

And that, only to the extent that it concerns me as a partner. I suppose if he really was gay I'd just gain another shopping friend. Other than that, if he's truly bisexual, I can honestly say from experience that I don't care.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:01 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
My number one problem would be the lack of trust. If he doesn't trust me enough to tell me earlier than a year into the relationship that he's bi-sexual,what else is he hiding? Then comes the issue of would we he be able to be in a monogamous relationship or would we have to be in an "open" relationship? Has he been with men during the time we've been dating?

I couldn't do it just because of the trust issues.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:23 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
My number one problem would be the lack of trust. If he doesn't trust me enough to tell me earlier than a year into the relationship that he's bi-sexual,what else is he hiding? Then comes the issue of would we he be able to be in a monogamous relationship or would we have to be in an "open" relationship? Has he been with men during the time we've been dating?

I couldn't do it just because of the trust issues.
This is a great point! Why did it take a year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships