Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:23 PM

37,477 posts, read 45,726,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
The thing is, many men in their 50s these day are in GREAT shape. They work out, eat right, dye their hair and may get a little plastic surgery. They don't LOOK like what has normally been the typical 50 year old. If you add that plus the fact that many have plenty of money to spoil these women, why WOULDN'T the women date them?
Man...I wanna live where YOU live!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 10:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Man...I wanna live where YOU live!!!
Nah, you don't! That's the exact type that goes (and can afford to go) for 20 somethings... And the 20 somethings go for them, too.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Nah, you don't! That's the exact type that goes (and can afford to go) for 20 somethings... And the 20 somethings go for them, too.

Well, I could pass on the hair dye....for sure. Truth be told, I kinda like the graying effect.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Well, I could pass on the hair dye....for sure. Truth be told, I kinda like the graying effect.
Oh, I love salt-and-pepper myself, even if it's way more salt than pepper. No, I'm not saying dyed hair and plastic surgery are exactly the things attracting young women. It's just that the really gorgeous men at 50 (particularly if they're also well-off) do not go for women their age (or even close) for the most part, even if they're beautiful as well.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Oh, I love salt-and-pepper myself, even if it's way more salt than pepper. No, I'm not saying dyed hair and plastic surgery are exactly the things attracting young women. It's just that the really gorgeous men at 50 (particularly if they're also well-off) do not go for women their age (or even close) for the most part, even if they're beautiful as well.
Oh I totally agree. I just wouldn't mind a larger population of them to look at.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Oh I totally agree. I just wouldn't mind a larger population of them to look at.
You're lucky 'cause you acquired a taste for young lambs. I can't seem to get into this... at least not yet maybe...

Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
You're lucky 'cause you acquired a taste for young lambs. I can't seem to get into this... at least not yet maybe...
Yeah...wait till you get a little older....you just might be surprised.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah...wait till you get a little older....you just might be surprised.
I just can't see it happening... but we'll see, I guess... As I've said before, I still like what I liked in my 20s; the problem is they haven't changed their tastes, either, while I've grown up.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:27 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,607,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBeee View Post
i thought that age would mature some people...
I used to think that as well. But some people never grow up. People can change, but only if they want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXclimberX View Post
How often does a single good looking guy with money in his 30s go for a woman in her 30s? Almost never. HE will always most likely go for a woman in her 20s.
Speaking as a single male in his 30s, I actually prefer women in their 30s. I don't think I would have much in common with someone in their 20s. But I know a lot of guys in my age group who would opt for the 20something, especially if the 30something had kids or wasn't in perfect shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No way- attractive 30s women can get 20s guys no problem. Thirties isn't a big problem for women. After 40 is when things tend to get skewed.
It depends on what each person is looking for. If the guy is just looking for something short-term, he won't be as concerned about her age. But if he's looking to settle down, have kids, etc., then age definitely becomes an issue.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 AM

4,893 posts, read 14,101,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Physical age doesn't really matter. I'm actually flabbergasted when I see the 30 something MILFS of today, they look so old fashioned to me, I remember my mum in her thirties was still a late teenager, sampling lovers (she was very good-looking) , smoking pot, with not a penny in her pocket , living the hippy/gipsy life of the late Sixties...the "young" women of today seem old by comparison (and their haircut...so conservative OMG...lots of them look like spinsters!)
You must be kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships