Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:10 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
A reason to break up. Yeah, fickle, I know, but I'm sorry. I like REALLY REALLY enjoy those 2 things and I'm just not going to waste my time with someone who doesn't know how to do them properly... And, I don't have the time or patience to be teaching, either...
Okay, then you didn't answer the question. I'm not asking about what makes you want to break up with someone. I'm asking what makes you want to puke when you think about kissing someone you thought was extremely hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 12:12 PM

19,623 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
By eww I'm guessing you mean that something about them grosses you out? If that's the case, I guess if she developed a hygiene problem due to neglect or not caring. I once dated this girl who was petite and very attractive. She had a very upbeat outgoing personality and was fun to be around. Until she went to the bathroom and then called me over, screaming "Oh my god, come see this!". So I hustle over there preparing myself for the worst...a spider? a mouse? blood? Nope. She wanted to show me her stool. She boasted about how tremendous it was and could I believe that something that large could have came from her. She went on and on about it as though she just created a masterpiece. She did this to me twice. I know, fool me once shame on you..., but that and a few other eccentricities that came to the surface really put me off.
Was she into Bono? (South Park fans will get that one.)

But yes, I would have to say being really open with the bodily functions is a big gross out. I don't mind toilet humor on tv or hearing stories about other people but not in my relationship thankyou.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:12 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Another good one. Thank you Karla.
You are quite welcome.
That's one of those things when you first start dating you don't know. Then when you start to wake up with them, and spend days together, the unpleasant truth hits. I've never seen him use floss. My god, he doesn't even own any. It's a horrible revelation.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:23 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,572 times
Quote:
Okay, then you didn't answer the question. I'm not asking about what makes you want to break up with someone. I'm asking what makes you want to puke when you think about kissing someone you thought was extremely hot.
Smelly feet

Smelly testiculars?

Old 06-02-2009, 12:33 PM

179 posts, read 610,918 times
Quote:
Thank you AppleCherry. That's the kind of answer I'm looking for. And I can understand your "the way he eats" thing too. Have any of the things you posted in your replies happened to you before?

No. I usually notice that type of stuff in people fairly early on and my attraction fizzles out very quickly.

The eating thing applies to everyone. I can't focus on people eating. I mean I'm not going to freak out or anything but I keep my attention away from someone biting into a piece of food.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:46 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Really? I can understand weight gain, but farting...?
Jeez, everybody farts.
If that's going to be a "deal-breaker", enjoy your life alone (preferably with a cork up your butt, lest you inadvertently offend yourself).
In a survey, this was the number 3 reason that men stayed single. They don't want to offend women.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:49 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
You find someone ferociously attractive. You spend a lot of time together. You are very affectionate. Maybe you even sleep together. Then after awhile you reaction to him or her is "eww."

What could happen to make you switch feelings like that?
1. She gets fat.

2. She gets overly religious (like the Trading Mommy crazy lady).

3. Her attitude/personality changes (nothing worse than a negative or constant complaining woman).

4. She takes up smoking.

5. She starts talking about her "biological clock" or wanting to get married.

6. You meet her family and they are all fat. This means she has the fat gene and will soon swell up like the rest of them.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:51 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Yeah bad breath is no good, but sometimes it can be solved. Unlike if the person is a smoker. another main for me....don't like being around negative people, she can be as hot as anything but if she has a negative/cinacle outlook on alot of things
And they seldom realize it. I know a guy who has never given up on the possibility of becoming "a 3 time loser" but its the proverbial "his breath would knock a buzzard off a $hit wagon at ten paces".

Smoking is one issue but avoiding dentists is a big one. Those cavities really stink! Get them to put you out, if you are afraid of drills.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:52 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Default What would make a guy or girl go from yummy to eww?

Discovering that he was a closeminded idiot, being a cigarette smoker, pothead, druggie or alcoholic. Being a mean and unkind person. Poor hygeine or being a slob.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:54 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Again, please stick with the question that I asked. What you said will make you want to dump them, but it's not going to make you think that they are gross.
Actually it does. At least for me anyways. If I discover this person who's beautiful on the outside is an awful person on the inside, I feel disgusted with myself that I slept with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships