Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long is too Long?
Under 10 minutes 4 17.39%
10-20 Minutes 5 21.74%
20-30 Minutes 6 26.09%
30+ Minutes 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:32 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,033 times

Advertisements

First off get your head out of the gutter I am talking about length of time for having sex. I was reading some other threads and noticed a lot of women saying after awhile they just want it to be over b/c it starts to hurt. So how long should the experience last?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 10:35 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
i don't think there is an objectively right time.

it depends on how long each partner is satisfied for.

this is why 5 minute quickies and 3 hour sessions can equally be fun.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:46 AM

168 posts, read 531,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
So how long should the experience last?

Speaking as a woman, it's not the sexual experience that becomes boring and painful. It's the unending sawing back and forth waiting for the man to "do his thing" that becomes painful and boring. Sometimes when a man has had too much to drink or is on certain meds it seems to take forever and that's when it becomes painful and boring for the woman.

The way you phrase your question is interesting though in that it sounds like to you, sex = the actual act of intercourse, and I think a lot of men think that way, but the actual sexual experience for a woman also includes a lot of foreplay, which for many women is just as exciting if not more exciting than the actual act of intercourse in and of itself.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:58 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws917 View Post
The way you phrase your question is interesting though in that it sounds like to you, sex = the actual act of intercourse, and I think a lot of men think that way, but the actual sexual experience for a woman also includes a lot of foreplay, which for many women is just as exciting if not more exciting than the actual act of intercourse in and of itself.
A lot of men feel this way too. The question needs to be clarified. Does it include foreplay?

Old 06-03-2009, 11:00 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws917 View Post
Speaking as a woman, it's not the sexual experience that becomes boring and painful. It's the unending sawing back and forth waiting for the man to "do his thing" that becomes painful and boring. Sometimes when a man has had too much to drink or is on certain meds it seems to take forever and that's when it becomes painful and boring for the woman.

Get out of town!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 AM

168 posts, read 531,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by at1withnature View Post
get out of town!
rofl!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:12 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
My wife doesn't enjoy long sessions so I try to keep them under 12 min.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:22 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,895,302 times
I couldn't vote b/c it's relative. I've had sex for 20 hours b4 (with a 3 hr nap in the middle), there is also been times where 10-30 minutes was too long (see men faking it thread.)

Old 06-03-2009, 12:34 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,962,416 times
Uh, generally when my legs start shaking uncontrollably or I black out for more than a few seconds at a time, it's time to take a break. That generally happens at about two hours. After a break for juice or something else sugary, I'm good to go for a good while longer. (hypoglycemia is no fun)

The longest I've gone straight was 8 hours, and yeah, by the end of that I was ready to die. I could have kept going, if all my muscles hadn't given out.

Two hours is about norm for me though.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:56 PM

857 posts, read 1,422,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
A lot of men feel this way too. The question needs to be clarified. Does it include foreplay?
Sorry, I should have made myself clear. I'm not including foreplay. I'm talking about intercourse only. Not foreplay, cuddling after, or multiple sessions. Just 1 session defined as going until the guy releases his rocket sauce (or you tell him to get off of you )

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
Two hours is about norm for me though.
2 hours?!? All in one go? Thats impressive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships