Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 08:59 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,644 times

Advertisements

OK people time to share tips for all the nice guys who find themselves finishing last with girls. What can they do if they don't want to radically alter their personalities or put on a completely fake front to get girls? What little things can they do to add enough of an edge to attract the kind of women they long for in their lives?

I'll start.

cuinlalaland's Top 10 Ways to Attract Girls
#1 - Ignore her when you know she's staring at you.
#2 - If you feel you must respond to her leer, look her right in the eye with a dirty look like you just caught her red-handed, then smile so she knows you're just teasing
#3 - Don't follow her around like a puppy or ever, EVER, do her bidding like a love-sick slave.
#4 - Don't be her shoulder to cry on about the guys she's dating.
#5 - Be friends with everyone.
#6 - Flirt. Tease. Play. Joke.
#7 - Don't worry about what/who you aren't.
#8 - In fact, just don't worry about anything, period. Girls worry all the time about everything. So a guy who's comfortable about where and who he is, is refreshing.
#9 - Lead.
#10 - Be comfortable in the midst of a group of girls.

I left this one last because it's a bit complicated. Most guys are terrified of groups of girls, they want to get girls alone because a) rejection is less painful and b) one girl is already intimidating enough. Problem with this attitude is that single women usually go out with friends AND single women are much less likely to have their guard up when they have the supportive protection of those friends, so you're missing out big time if you can't make yourself part of a group.

The tricky part is that you don't want to be viewed by them as just another friend (or dare I say, "one of the girls"? ) The way to do that is to lead the group. This isn't nearly as difficult as it is to lead a group of guys, for that you need to be THE alpha. But a group of girls will follow the lead of pretty much any guy who's willing to step into the role.

How do you lead a group of girls? By being the social connection between them. You can do this by uniting the group in laughter with your sense of humor. Or you can be the common ground by starting with one or two girls and introducing them to other girls. You can also be the one who suggests fun activities for the group to do.

Why would you want to be the man amongst girls? Because they all respect the alpha of their group and never view him as 'just a friend'. If anything they tend to compete for your attention. And when you're clearly the leader of a group it shows you have an unusual set of social skills and pre-approves you with other girls.

All in all it's a good thing. Just make sure you don't start acting like them and become identified as the gay friend. Be a man, only be a man who's comfortable surrounded by estrogen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 09:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
#1 - Ignore her when you know she's staring at you.
Afraid there's a lil' bit of a prerequisite here - her staring at ya!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
yeah. that's kinda important.......

Old 06-04-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Girls stare at ALL guys...even if it's in horror

Old 06-04-2009, 10:19 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Girls stare at ALL guys...even if it's in horror
Sorta like the car accident I was fixated on when I was driving to work today. Yeah... this one may open up the door to some seriously *interesting* encounters.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:50 PM

78,368 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Not when you are wearing the 3 wolves howling T-shirt!

Old 06-04-2009, 11:07 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,897,872 times
It's funny b.c I think most of what u posted is right & primal. not b/c I necessarily believe in it, but b/c i've seen it in kids. your 10 steps my son follows to a "T". my son just turned 5 in feb, and is in pre-school, but the following pretty much describes his whole daycare career to this point.

My son always has had the girsl in his class jockeying for is attention, the funny part is, he hardly pays them any attention. the irony is, the ones he pays the least attention to are the ones that jockey for his attention the most (even better irony is the girl happens to be the daughter of someone who i never payed much attention to back in high school but found out later in life had a huge crush on me and in retrospect, all the signs were there). he's been so bad that we were at chuck e cheesre at his cousin's b-day, the girl was there. he was death;y scared of chuck e., this girl was at teh party too and was trying to hug him, comfort him, and kept asking what was wrong with him and he still acted like she wasn't there, even though he was in distress.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
the worm turns--- im not opening doors for her and pulling out her chair or any of that stuff any more.
furthermore im riding a bike these days. no more nice guy. a new image.
one moment.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:47 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Hey cuinlalaland, can I hang out with you? j/k

You do seem to get the role a man plays among us women .

Old 06-05-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the worm turns--- im not opening doors for her and pulling out her chair or any of that stuff any more.
furthermore im riding a bike these days. no more nice guy. a new image.
one moment.
LOL I don't think that "vehicle" is going to help with the gay friend image
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships