Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 04:22 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I guess I always looked at my dad and grandfather as ideal examples of men.

They always kkep their cool and remain in full control of sutuations.

I've seen guys bump into my dad and his response is "are you ok?". I think that's cool . He kept his cool but takes the high road.

I am a people watcher and I see so many guys get bumped into and all of a sudden here comes the "mean mug" as if their entire world was just destroyed because someone bumped into them. Or they act like you just irritated the holy Shjt out of them.

I'm like gee-whiz, these guys always seem to have girlfriends at least they are always walking with the opposite sex. Although it does not mean it's there girlfriends.

Usually brother and sisters don't walk holding hands unless it's........

West Virgina....

Anyway, why do so many cry baby guys have girlfriends?
Wait, being aggressive isn't the same thing as being a cry baby. And for some reason they're drawn to aggressive men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 04:36 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Everything equal, nobody should be treated differently because of sex, or how they look, dress, or act at all. Which is complete bull. Still happens, people just aren't as honest about it anymore.
Is that your opinion or your take on what society believes? Just trying to be clear.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:51 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Is that your opinion or your take on what society believes? Just trying to be clear.
That's my opinion on one of the major reasons behind what he's trying to say about why so many men don't particularly act like grown-ups.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:18 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
I think it's mostly 2 things - first, there are a lot of crybabies out there, second, a lot of women don't want a real man, they want...a guy who we would have called a sissy where I grew up.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:58 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
M3.....do you drive a BMW?

As I look more and more I am starting to think there are many women that prefer a sissy moreso than a man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I think it's mostly 2 things - first, there are a lot of crybabies out there, second, a lot of women don't want a real man, they want...a guy who we would have called a sissy where I grew up.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:03 PM

283 posts, read 738,580 times
No, I think there are more "girls" that want sissy men, not real "women". Once you pass the age of 28 or so, women realize that men who spend more time getting primped in the morning than they do are annoying and not at all attractive.

And, FTR, I am a woman and I too think that society as a whole is feminizing men. Could be a lack of father figures. Interesting theory.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:06 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
M3.....do you drive a BMW?

As I look more and more I am starting to think there are many women that prefer a sissy moreso than a man.
Well, a good-condition 1988 M3 "infests" my garage, condition is good enough that I don't want to daily drive it. It runs and drives but I don't want to park it in the sun at work, nor under trees where it would be shaded but would get "tree sap" (in fact it's bug excrement, but I digress..) So I break it out on the weekends for fun drives on mostly empty backroads.

Daily driver is *usually* a 1982 VW Scirocco, the guy I bought it from literally resurrected it from a junkyard, "rat rod" black primer finish, but runs damn near perfectly (thanks to me!). Bought the car for $1000 with a freshly rebuilt engine, new brakes all round, new (but seriously crap) tires all round.

Alternative dd's are 1987 Camry and 1992 Subaru Legacy.

Getting back on topic, my wife is from Ukraine, the slavic gals do like a "real man", they are not at all submissive or meek, but they have no confusion in their heads that they are hetro females, so for an SO, they want a *MAN*, not some sort of metrosexual, end of story.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:14 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,903,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Well, a good-condition 1988 M3 "infests" my garage, condition is good enough that I don't want to daily drive it. It runs and drives but I don't want to park it in the sun at work, nor under trees where it would be shaded but would get "tree sap" (in fact it's bug excrement, but I digress..) So I break it out on the weekends for fun drives on mostly empty backroads.

Daily driver is *usually* a 1982 VW Scirocco, the guy I bought it from literally resurrected it from a junkyard, "rat rod" black primer finish, but runs damn near perfectly (thanks to me!). Bought the car for $1000 with a freshly rebuilt engine, new brakes all round, new (but seriously crap) tires all round.

Alternative dd's are 1987 Camry and 1992 Subaru Legacy.

Getting back on topic, my wife is from Ukraine, the slavic gals do like a "real man", they are not at all submissive or meek, but they have no confusion in their heads that they are hetro females, so for an SO, they want a *MAN*, not some sort of metrosexual, end of story.
What is your definition of metrosexual? I considered it merely a man who takes care of himself physically, you know, nice clothing, gym goer, nice hair cut, etc. I consider it a physical thing, not a personality thing related to meekness, crybabying, etc. And for the record, yes I am Ukrainian and have no problem with metros, in fact every Russian/Ukrainian I know is very into looking good and their appearance.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:36 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
I'm probably going to get raked over the coals for this, but I think a lot of it has to do with the feminist movement. While the femininst movement had the noble goal of "equality for both sexes", I think a lot of women translated that into being the same as men. When men are raised by women with this attitude, it is only a matter of time before the gender lines get blurred.

Men and women compliment each other and we are equally important in our own ways, but we are not the same.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:45 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,757 times
Because some women like "sensitive" guys and aggressive guys. I once dated a guy who whined and complained about everything. If a passerby bumped into him accidentally he'd put the mean face on and complain about it later. Really, he was a whiny little ***** and it got old quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships