Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 08:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheredoIlive? View Post
Fat people go through hell.

I am fat, dont care if this message board knows. I am diagnosed with problems that cause obesity. I eat just like you too. {yeah I know Im not believed} All I got to do is go to grocery store to watch all the thin people buying a cartload of crap.

You can diet your butt off, and lose 150 fricking lbs and still be treated like dirt if you are not "thin" enough. Ive lost 70 in 2 years, but I am still treated like dirt, because I havent hit the magic number!

I feel sorry for your sister. Why do you call her UGLY? Just because she is fat?

You know what is scary about this society to me, everyone is becoming CLONES. I can barely tell the difference between actresses on TV anymore, they look so much alike.

and who decided sinewy necks, and seeing every bone, was beautiful anyway?
ahahahaha I agree, ever since I had my son, I got heavier and depression can do it to you too. I lost my dad to a heartattack, got pregnant with a man that changed his personality when it was time for responsibility. There could be factors into being heavy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 08:27 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,441,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
Both my husband and I post under the name weekend traveler, because they will only allow one account per computer (IP Address)

Jane and (Jerry)
How strange that you both ask the same types of questions and use the same grammar and punctuation! I swore it was the same person!!!

Old 06-09-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheredoIlive? View Post
Question for the thin folks here, have any of you ever considered that FAT peoples bodies work differently?

That they either feel more hunger then a normal thin person. [There are legitimate eating disorders, but Ive had thin friends tell me they can go all day without eating and think nothing of it]

or they dont burn the food off as well?

I know thin people that eat tons of junk and still dont get fat. I have a person at church, lady, who eats three plates of food {Maybe she doesnt eat for the next two days I dont know...} and is very very thin.
Its called high metabolisim

Old 06-09-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
LMAO at this topic.
Why? you think its funny that this sister is mean?

Old 06-09-2009, 08:35 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,145,586 times
Quote:
One of my sisters is extremely overweight. She is close to 300 pounds and in all honesty she is just plain ugly. When she is out in public I notice that people tend to stare, giggle and are just plain rude to her. It must be terrible to be her because I can just feel the hostility.

I notice that when I am with her some of the negative vibes that are directed at her because of her weight and general appearance is also directed at me. It is almost like people are saying, "what are you doing with her"

So, are you embarrassed to be seen with people who are fat, frumpy and ugly?

NO I am not embarrassed to be seen with fat, frumpy or ugly people if I care about them, consider them my friend or choose to have them in my life who cares what POMPOUS, IGNORANT, MEAN, SELFISH, EVIL PEOPLE have to say about them

Some people in this world better look at themselves FIRST before daring to make fun of anyone else . Those are people who are SELF CONSCIOUS about themselves and need to comment on other's....

Old 06-09-2009, 08:35 PM

[quote=macjr82;9165045]Fat people can be healthy, fat people can be happy, fat people can even be sexy. I understand people gaining weight, but I don't understand unhappy fat people. Nobody woke up fat, before u were 300, u were 275, before 275, you were 250.

Most people I know who got fat at some point checked out on life, stopped caring about theirselves, stopped caring about the people around them. There's nothing wrong with being fat, some people love that body type, some "hot people" love that body type, but I don't get self loathing fat people. Are fat people that wish they were skinny.

I used to be fat, over 200lbs and I'm a short dude between 66 and 67 inches (the older I get it closer to the 66). I was happy and confident w/ myself even then. The only reason i lost the weight was b/c I wanted to join the Marines. I know someone who was over 300lbs prior to joining.

Blame my mother, blame the Marine Corps,blame me being a virgo, blame Nike but I was raised with the philosophy to just do it. I believe anybody can do anything, it's just a matter of if they have the WILL to do it. If you don't like being fat cut calories (not too much, or your metabolism will slow) or do 30 min of STRENOUS exercise today. If u don't have "time" save up some money for an operation. If you can do that, then just get over it, but please please please don't use it as a crutch or a reason for self pity.

speaking of self pity, just b/c you're overweight, that doesn't mean you don't have to take care of yourself. that doesn't negate you from putting on makeup and fashionable clothes. sweats aren't the only thing that come in XXXXXL. Go to a Lane Bryant or Ashley Stewart or something.[/q

Your last comment had me laughing my ass off. Sweats aren't the only clothes you can wear....lol....yeah buy plus they have some nice clothes.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Because I can only imagine how abrasive your personality must be in person if you feel comfortable saying things like this about your own sister.
How old are you weekend traveler?

Old 06-09-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
My brother weighs 230 pounds but he is not obese because he is 6 foot 5.
Guess she's not hanging out with him, hes a fatty. lol im soooo kidding

Old 06-09-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
Amen, mishigas73
yeppers your right

Old 06-09-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
I find the responses to my original post just hilarious. Here is a summary of what was said so far in my perspective:

I am a terrible sister for not fighting the people who see my 300 pound plus sister and laughing at her for her waddle, fluffy face and weight

I should magically give her social skills because she is my sister

Everyone here would never judge someone by their weight and appearance even if it were extreme

I am a judgmental, shallow fool even though it is someone else who is laughing at my sister.

People magically know how I treat my sister behind closed doors.

Amazing!
Are you surprised?! Are you shocked of the outcome?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships