Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:02 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,177,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
It must suck being a girl and having to watch your beverage like a hawk all the time....
Caution and prudence are always a good idea, but one should not overestimate the relatively low risk of the occurrence of adverse events. Be smart and use good judgment, but don't be paranoid and let fear run your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 12:18 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Pen

Don't be afraid to go outside your grade. There was only one girl in my high school I would have actually married. She was a sophomore my senior year. Absolutely beautiful, virtous, opinionated, smarter than me, goofy, sweet, and had depth. Cheer captian, Acadec member, student council, future prom queen, but I saw her for much more than all the worthless titles and activities she participated in. I loved her mom too. I spent a lot of time with her my senior year being her library aid. Strong woman. I think that's what drew me to her daughter. We hit it off pretty good and became friends. Things didn't work out, but I had a night I'll never forget. She managed to make the world stop turning when she took me by the hand and led me out to that pier. The heart don't forget things like that.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:14 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
closed for mod review

Old 06-07-2009, 05:34 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
pengirl40, not to worry, give it a few years and I'll bet you'll have more guys on your doorstep than you want, keep in mind that quys mature slower than girls, so look at it this way, Do you want a high school quy with the maturity level of a 13 yr old?

Old 06-08-2009, 12:13 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengirl40 View Post
Okay, so I know that the title is incredibly whiny and conducive to eye rolling but I would really appreciate it to get some outsider advice to my scenario.

I'm a seventeen year old girl who attends high school in a relatively small rural southern (in the Carolinas) town. It's very "country" and etc. but not completely isolated (even though there are parts and people that are).

I wasn't raised here and I decided to start high school here because I had a very close friend who I wanted to go to school with. I was raised in private schools and this high school was my first public school ever.

To the main point of this thread, guys just don't like me. I've tried to make light of the situation but eventually I gave up and tossed it aside because I couldn't really think of why.

Girls say I'm pretty and I think I'm attractive but the majority of the guys don't pay much attention to me. Sometimes I wonder if it's because of my diverse background (I'm Asian and French, both of which are fairly rare in this town and a non-existent combination with the exception of me). I'm friendly (but not flirty since I suck at flirting lol) and a little on the mature side when it comes to my peers (this isn't my own idea, but from the opinion of others). The guys that I do attract fall into one of the following categories:

1. Sleazy - they hit on any living, breathing girl that gets within 100 feet of them.
2. Older - they're in their 30's and 40's. Why????

It doesn't bother me so much that none of the guys at my school pay attention to me since I'm not interested in any of them in that context but even guys from other schools that I'd love to get to know more pretty much act as if I'm invisible. It seems guys only notice the skinny, cookie-cutter pretty Barbie-like girls.

So, in short, why don't guys like me?

If you need to see pictures to make sure I'm not really a troll that's missing teeth and wondering why guys aren't hanging all over her, then send me a private message. But I am not posting my pictures on an internet forum.
To me you sound like a very awesome girl. The thing is guys in high school are so immature. Not to mention that girls are also immature in high school. That is why maybe you are attracting older guys. Have you always hung out with older people? If yes, then this is your answer. Don't rush it. You are still young and will encounter a lot of guys throughout your years. Wait till you go to college. You should find some nice guys that will like you.

Maybe you should try speed dating. Which is that you have to pay like $30 to go and have a seat and you will talk like to five guys or so. Other females are there too. You may want to look here at this website for more info Speed Dating :: Speedy Date (http://www.no1-dating.com/speed-dating.html - broken link)

Old 06-08-2009, 12:17 AM

468 posts, read 1,220,527 times
" I'm friendly (but not flirty since I suck at flirting lol)" ==> Hello?? Question answered. Obviously you are too reserved. Imitate some girls who seem good at flirting (maybe some cheerleaders) and see what happens.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
The guys who ignore you NOW will be looking at you and asking you out MUCH LATER when you're grown and the knuckleheads from your school already had their share of knocked-up girlfriends, kids, and easy girls. Well, basically, guys will be looking at you when you get 19 on up. Happened to me. It's like they wished they had gone out with someone who is well grounded like you are not with some air-head chick. Trust me.

You DEFINITELY don't want the WRONG type of attention in high school. I've seen pregnant girls left and right all my 4 years in there because they slept with boys who paid attention to them telling them stuff their parents didn't tell them. You want to be one of them? I don't think so.

B-B-B-B-B-B-B- Books Before Boys Because Boys Bring Babies. Remember that.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:22 PM

28 posts, read 67,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSmartHippies View Post
" I'm friendly (but not flirty since I suck at flirting lol)" ==> Hello?? Question answered. Obviously you are too reserved. Imitate some girls who seem good at flirting (maybe some cheerleaders) and see what happens.
There is a lot of truth to this. Guys often tell me or my friends that they don't know how to "talk" to me or that they feel that if they flirt with me or ask me to do something I'll look at them like their crazy.

The irony is that I AM a cheerleader and a pretty good one too lol.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:49 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengirl40 View Post
2. I'm a very confident person EXCEPT when it comes to any guy that I might have a snippet of an attraction to. If there's zero attraction, then I'm good to go. If there's just a little, I can't help but become a little cold because I don't really know what to do or say.
This may be your problem. You likely are coming across as not being interested. You should make a effort to treat guys you're interested in like the ones you're not, to see if it changes your situation.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:57 PM

137 posts, read 474,720 times
Pen, you sound sweet. And you seem to know what to do...wait for a while until the right guy/ guys come along. Life is not what you think it is in HS. The best part of your life is in the years that follow. College and your career will help you meet amazing people and you will be better for having them in your life. At your age, guys are far behind girls in maturity and often think sex equals a relationship. You don't need that right now. Remember Saberai's comment about B's?
On a personal note, my intelligent and beautiful daughter is now in college and was quite ignored in HS. She is absolutely beautiful, smart and a very independent person. Boys have never defined her and I admire her goal--a career traveling the world and helping others. Find your goal and all else will follow, even the boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships