Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:54 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,625,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
As I said, more ridiculous by the post...
Some people just believe everything they hear without daring to question if it's true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 12:17 PM

78,132 posts, read 60,365,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It is, and he needn't do so. "Nurturing" men are nancy boys. And possibly pedophiles.
I'm curious where you have accumulated all your relationship and child-rearing expertise?

I think we are around the same age and I've already been married for 13 years and had two kids.

Frankly, you should probably get yourself a vasectomy because I don't think that being a father at too old of an age is fair to the kids. Either that or use your innate method of birthcontrol, your personality.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,625,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
either that or use your innate method of birthcontrol, your personality. :d
roflmao.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:44 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,608,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm curious where you have accumulated all your relationship and child-rearing expertise?

I think we are around the same age and I've already been married for 13 years and had two kids.

Frankly, you should probably get yourself a vasectomy because I don't think that being a father at too old of an age is fair to the kids. Either that or use your innate method of birthcontrol, your personality.
Oddly, women approach ME for relationships, instead of the other way around. I must be different in person, eh? Or I have nothing to gain by impressing you?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:55 PM

168 posts, read 378,148 times
Its not as simple as it sounds. If your looking for a screw buddy then why would u care if she has a kid or not. If your looking for your soulmate then there are many questions that need to be asked. for me , I know exactly how im going to wanna raise my kids, and if im dating a single mom I have no right at all to put in my 2 cents worth on raising her kid, and he for sure wont want to call me dad. While I wont say its totally impossible to fathom the thought of doing it, but it would be very hard for me to do, unless she was open to teh idea of thinking of me as the father of that kid (which is an almost impossible thought)

Old 07-10-2009, 01:58 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,591,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPumps View Post
Why is it that men shy away from women with kids?
They do?

Old 07-10-2009, 08:17 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,357,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreeterww View Post
for me , I know exactly how im going to wanna raise my kids, and if im dating a single mom I have no right at all to put in my 2 cents worth on raising her kid, and he for sure wont want to call me dad. While I wont say its totally impossible to fathom the thought of doing it, but it would be very hard for me to do, unless she was open to teh idea of thinking of me as the father of that kid (which is an almost impossible thought)
It all depends on the amount of effort that goes into it. With my step-dad I almost always call him by his first name but I think of him as Dad and to other people I always say my Dad. He did just as much punishing and reprimanding as my mother did (but with my family almost any adult was allowed to reprimand me. We believe in that whole it takes a village thing ) and he also spent as much time checking my homework, driving me back and forth to whatever activity I was in and was present for just about every major event in my life.

So it is possible; I think with us it was because I felt he genuinely loved and cared about me and wasn't just doing things because I was his wife's child.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:57 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,085,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Ok whatever....I think it's time to move on, the responses on here are getting more and more ridiculous by the post.
Really... isn't this thread gonna die already?!

Old 07-11-2009, 09:03 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,010,929 times
Guy could end up paying child support if: (doesnt happen 100% of the time but it does happen)

1. He adopted her kids

2. She has kid(s) from previous marriage, she divorce her current husband and she isnt working but her husband is.

3. In NC, if you wife cheats and have a baby from a guy, the current husband would still have to pay child support on that kid even though it isnt his...

Old 07-13-2009, 11:48 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,355,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2000 View Post
Guy could end up paying child support if: (doesnt happen 100% of the time but it does happen)

1. He adopted her kids

2. She has kid(s) from previous marriage, she divorce her current husband and she isnt working but her husband is.

3. In NC, if you wife cheats and have a baby from a guy, the current husband would still have to pay child support on that kid even though it isnt his...

But if the husband was out of the country or something to that effect to prove that he wasnt around when the child was concevied then the husband maynot have to...but in either case its a shame for a woman to do that to a man when she is the one thats done wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships